help, had a horrible day in a new city and now I'm on bedrest and my back aches terribly can't get comfy in bed - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 03-18-2014, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi,

I just moved from NYC last Tuesday to Ga. I had to b/c of life situation. My hubby and I are separated so I had to move in with my mom temporarily. Such a huge transition for me, since I left home 20 years ago and the south. I'm VERY independent. But having short cervix and now a 34 weeks having contractions...I am forced to lean on people. The doc today said bedrest. Only get up to tinkle and shower. the thing is ... mom has hip issues, so I don't really have someone to wait on my every need.

Not to mention, I had made an appt. with my sister's ob 2 months ago...So today was the appt. Long story short, I went. The office manager said my "insurance" was not accepted...so I would have to come back in 2 weeks when it is OK. I said I'm high risk, short cervix and have not seen a doc since Feb. 27. I have to see if my baby is OK today. My docs in NYC gave me permission to travel and said 2 weeks without seeing a doc is fine but make SURE to be seen by today and continue making sure baby is growing. She is tiny so she has been monitored closely. Aside from me having short cervix. BREATHING.

I guess I need support even electronically. How can I ease this back pain?

I still need a carseat. I was planning to get one later this week. Now I'm stuck in bed. Luckily I went to a store  before leaving NYC and know which carseat I want. But I just read about another one. So now, I'm not sure if I should order the Uppa baby car seat b/c I plan on getting the uppa baby stroller, later...can't afford it now. OR should I get the ORBIT car seat. 

Help. She is probably going to be a tiny baby....

Praying she is healthy and stays inside a few more weeks. Praying for mental strength.

Wishing I were happily married in my own home with my partner. But that's just not the case right now. I know this is for some higher purpose, just a bit challenging right now.

I welcome your wisdom.

Love and light!

#2 of 9 Old 03-18-2014, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't have any help to offer really, just hugs. hug.gif

My partner and I split while I was preggers with our first. I ended up moving back in with my mom in a different city. Then got stuck on bed rest for nearly 3 months. I felt so alone. greensad.gif I hope you find some unexpected help, and that your LO keeps growing well in there for a few more weeks!

Me treehugger.gif + DH reading.gif= DD faint.gif (1/2004) & DS babyf.gif (6/2013)
homeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#3 of 9 Old 03-18-2014, 08:29 PM

tracyamber likes this.
#4 of 9 Old 03-18-2014, 09:09 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)

I hope tomorrow is better, and that your baby stays safe and well.

tracyamber likes this.

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#5 of 9 Old 03-18-2014, 10:09 PM

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by here we are View Post

How did you make that cute heart?
#6 of 9 Old 03-18-2014, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
@mylylah
Hope the rest of the week is a breeze. Hugs!!!!!!!!
#7 of 9 Old 03-19-2014, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!:joy

#8 of 9 Old 03-23-2014, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyamber View Post

How did you make that cute heart?
Its on my keyboard.
#9 of 9 Old 03-23-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylylah View Post

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!joy.gif
You are so welcome. Complain away if you need. Hows your back and bed? Not getting any comfier? I know how it can take over your life being stiff&sore withno plan insight to change the situation. When I was 6 months pregnant I decided to spend almost all my savings on a clearance couch because ALL I could think about was how miserable my body felt.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page