New one we/I made up 8 100.00%
Other 10 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 04-09-2014, 09:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

My first son, I used his father's last name- L*******.  Big mistake.  Not only did his father not remain in his life, but I spent his entire childhood with a different last name as my child and having to explain every time I called the doctor, school, etc, who I was.

My second son, I gave him my last name, S*******, for the exact same reasons why I shouldn't have given my first son his father's last name.

When I marry my fiance, I will hyphen my last name.  S*******-K*****, so that part of my name will be my little one's last name, and part of my name will be my fiance and stepchildren's and future children's last name.  When my little one's 18 (or, if his biological father ever consents to let him change his last name), I will likely drop the S******* part of my last name and just go with K*****, so that I will then have my Husband's last name and end the confusion.  lol

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
#32 of 33 Old 04-17-2014, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I choose other. I changed my last name to my husband's when we got married. Three of our 4 children have our last name. Our son has a hyphenated last name his great-grandpas (husband's mothers father) last name-our last name. My grandpa in law is the last of his family's line, he has 3 girls. We choose to give our son a hyphenated last name so if he choose to he could use his great grandpa's last name when he got older. Hes also named after two of his great grandpas so its an "all in the family" last name. Honestly its a bit of a pain, I have to repeatedly explain that YES my husband is ALL of the children's father not just the girls.

~Heather~ Mama to Miss E (1/07), Miss A (11/08), Mr.T (2/11) and Miss A (10/12) Expecting our newest blessing sometime late Sept/early Oct.. Wife to my Marine since 11/2005
#33 of 33 Old 04-17-2014, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My kids bear a hyphenated name. Mine first, then his. I told dh it was better to keep it alphabetical.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page