Mothering Forum banner

Where do you put newborn when you are home alone and have to shower...?

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  rainbowasylum 
#1 ·
Hi,

So I'm wondering if I should invest in a swing bouncer....I'll be home alone mostly with my baby when she arrives. And I have a cosleeper, not a crib right now. So I'm wondering if a bouncer or swing would be ideal for when I have to put her down for a few minutes for a bathroom break.

Any ideas? Anyone selling or giving away anything like that? I love the 4moms rockaroo, I think it's called, but it's a real investment for me right now. So I would love your thoughts before buying this item.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Personally I love the little bouncy chairs for the bathroom. I usually keep one in each level bathroom and one where I hang out the most.

I can't use the toilet myself with a sling although I know many who do. And I find the bouncers are small enough that they fit in the bathroom nicely. Then you can play "peek a boo" with the with the shower curtain and they usually stay happy.

#8 ·
The pack and play with one on those things kids can lay under to watch and reach for ( I forget what they are called but they are semicircles with small toys attached) . For just using the bathroom the bathmat. When dd was very little and my ex and I were together he held her for about half an hour every night after she nursed while I showered or bathed. It really helped them bond.

#10 ·
When DD was a baby I had a pack n play I used sometimes for that purpose, it sort of fit in the bathroom. Mostly though I just held her, and I do the same now with DS. When DH is home he holds the baby while I bathe or whatever, but he's often at work. Another option is to wait until y our LO is sleeping and bathe/shower then, though that means missing out on a little sleep it can be totally worth it.
That's not to say you can't use a bouncy seat or whatever, but I never had one and didn't miss it.

#12 ·
I did a mixture of

- DH hold her (if he was home)
- when she was asleep
- lay her on the bathroom floor
- put her in the sink (this only works if your sink is big enough, obviously) padded with a folded towel.

I think it was much the same with DD1, except for the sink.

#13 ·
We had a bouncy seat that I kept in the bathroom just so I could stash the baby in it and shower. When the babies would outgrow the bouncy then it was a extra saucer that I kept in the master bedroom and would drag into the bathroom doorway again as a safe place to stash baby/toddler.

#14 ·
I swear I never knew I could take such fast showers until I had kids
:)

I would either wait until they were napping and take a really fast one with the door open or just wait until my ex was home. This meant I sometimes was getting my shower near midnight, but I figured it was better than nothing. If I had no other choice, I would put my baby in a bouncer right at the door and be really quick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.