Mothering Forum banner

annoying toys

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  sageowl 
#1 ·
hello
:)

have you ever broken a battery operated kids toy which have made some annoying noises or sounds ? ..

if yes,which kind of toy was it ?
:D

See less See more
#2 ·
I would not do this.

I mean, if I can listen to Elmo doing the chicken dance 58,120 times...

...each week...

...at a manic pace with fresh batteries and reeeeeaaaaaallllllyyyyy ssssssslllllooooooooooooowwwww because we didn't want to keep replacing the batteries every week....

I can put up with just about anything. I'd feel terrible, honestly. Wouldn't do it.

#3 ·
Ooooooh yes I have! Just about every one we received. Wen my daughter was a baby we lived in a 600 sq ft house and co slept. I HATE noisy, jingle-music, electronic sound effect toys. In a house that small there is nowhere to escape!

I let family know our preference politely and most honored our wishes. One relative took quite a bit of glee about going against our wishes, and blatantly told me, " I'm going to get the noisy stuff anyway. You wouldn't be so mean as to cut the battery wires." I just smiled and cut the battery wires after she left.

My daughter was young enough not to notice or care. By the time she was old enough to notice a new toy might have sounds almost all of our family were on board with the "no noise making toys" thing.

#5 ·
Nope, but I do remove batteries or delay replacing them.

My parents just gave DS a musical Elmo birthday card and it is about the most annoying thing I've ever heard, so I told them they could keep it at their house (DS is okay with that).
:lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.