making a daily routine chart - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-09-2005, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 5 year old needs a clear consise routine. I am a basket case and really struggle with this. So I think I need one almost as much as he does. I don't know where to start, should I just make one out of poster board? I was hoping to find one with pictures as he can't read very well yet. Any suggestions on where to buy one or what to use. It would really help us all out if I could be more organized.
PS I hope I put this in the right forum sorry if I didn't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-09-2005, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We amde one for morning and evening routine, and just drew the pics.

You could work together together to cut pics from a magazine or find graphics on your computer.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#3 of 3 Old 03-10-2005, 12:28 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
I had charts (morning and evening) at about that age. I was diligent about following them, and I think it was because I was involved in making them. The tasks weren't negotiable, but I helped to decide the order of them and told my dad which color marker to use for each one. (I could read.)

Cut pix out of a magazine if you don't feel like drawing. Have HIM choose the pix so he'll understand what each one means. Write the words too--seeing them every day will help him pick up on their meaning.

Be sure to explain that following the chart is HIS responsibility, and spin it as a really cool thing that he's lucky to be old enough to do! When you see him goofing off before finishing his tasks, don't say, "Brush your teeth"; say, "Have you finished everything on your chart?"

Good luck!

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page