Having only 1 child..pro's and con's? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 03-26-2005, 12:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have just one, and contrary to what philomom said, we don't stress out about much of anything. One of the reasons we're probably stopping with one child is because I feel as though with more children we would end up feeling pulled in too many directions (financially, emotionally, etc.)

All 3 of us are really relaxed, laid-back people. And Dh and I feel pretty confident with our choices for her. I feel as though if I had another child I would end up rethinking things too much, or worrying unnecessarily about the stuff that doesn't matter that much.

If anyone's interested in the environmental / zpg aspect, there's a book called "Maybe One" which is pretty good. Kind of dry and full of statistics, but interesting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 32 Old 03-28-2005, 04:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SOOOOO glad I found this thread!! I was going to post about the doubts I've been having lately about just having 1 child, but I feel so much better now. I read a book on the subject a few months ago -- You and Your Only Child but doubts and/or the desire to have another one still pop up in my mind from time to time. I'm glad to see all my reasons to have 1 are shared by many of you. That's why I love these discussion boards so!! I can always find the support I need. Happy mothering!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page