Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 12-30-2001, 03:47 AM - Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Note: This is an archived topic. It is read-only. Mothering Boards
Parenting Issues Archive

An interesting tidbit on our friend Ezzo...

This topic was originally posted in this forum: Parenting Issues
Author Topic: An interesting tidbit on our friend Ezzo...
pinky
Member posted 07-16-2001 04:08 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
His publisher is cancelling his contract because he considers the book "dangerour" Thank goodness!!
Here's the address to an article in ChristianityToday.com:
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2001/112/54.0.html
(Sorry, I don't know how to do a link)

At least everyone doesn't consider him a savior! Sometimes I feel so in the minority (except reading these boards, of course.)

missgrl
Moderator posted 07-16-2001 07:49 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh i'm so glad you posted that link....i dislike that man and dislike Ezzo!!!! If only my friends agreed with me.....hhhhmmmm.....it's frustrating

Dancinmom
Member posted 07-16-2001 09:55 PM
I am so glad to hear this! Maybe more people will realize that this is not healthy!!!

Nursingmom
Member posted 07-17-2001 11:30 AM
I'm so glad Christianity TOday published this article. For what I know, Korean American churches in NOrthern Virginia and Southern Maryland are following Ezzo's methods religiously. They believe it's God's way of raising children... backed up by pastors who raised children with his methods. All second generation christian Korean-American mothers I know are following Ezzo's parenting methods.

TreeLove
Member posted 07-17-2001 12:05 PM
oh goody goody! Now, all we need is a nation wide recall

MagooMom
Member posted 07-17-2001 03:23 PM
YIPEE!!!

SunnyMom
Member posted 07-17-2001 05:31 PM
Waa Hoo!!! Thanks for sharing that. I'm going to e-mail that link to a few people who I know will be equally thrilled! One down, one to go, right?
SunnyMom

Treehugger
Member posted 07-17-2001 08:35 PM
I have this picture in my mind of Ezzo reading all of our posts and rubbing his hands together and cackling...also with horns on his shiny head. Think I might be taking my dislike of that man and what he stands for a little too far

berglar
Member posted 07-19-2001 05:27 AM
I finally did something I've been thinking of doing for some time. I went to the Christian Bookstore and took the books off the shelf, took them up to the counter, and talked to the guy about them. He said he hasn't read them, so I asked if he was familiar with babies at all, and told him how they encourage long waits in between feedings, CIO, and not holding. He seemed shocked. He said the books sell real well, but he would pull them until someone had a chance to read them. The clincher was when I was able to quote the Christianity Today article about the publisher dropping Ezzo. That really seemed to get his attention!
I'm proud of myself that I was able to (hopefully) make a difference in my little way. I'll go back next week and see if the books are still there, and do the whole thing again. (lather, rinse, repeat)

Rosebud
Member posted 07-19-2001 06:14 AM
I simply could not resist writing a review of the book, which I read, quickly, while in the bookstore.
Here is the link if you want to do the same. They have "guidelines" that you have to follow if you want to write a review. Also, it said they had five reviews, but only one showed up on the screen. Of course, it was glowing.

http://www.multnomahbooks.com/BookDe...asp?BookID=727

Rosebud
Member posted 07-19-2001 06:20 AM
Statement from Multnomah Publishers on Gary Ezzo
May 31, 2001
".......To that end, since the time of our statement, we have met with Mr. Ezzo, discussed the accusations made against him, and developed a review process by which both Mr. Ezzo and his accusers will have the opportunity to address the accusations in a forthright, constructive manner during face-to-face meetings. We hope to have these meetings facilitated and mediated by a Christian conciliator. Thank you for your continued patience as we complete this process."

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/...statement.html

They haven't cut him off yet. Crank up the pressure on these publishers!

moondancer
Member posted 07-19-2001 09:03 PM
"Yea berglar!! I was at Barnes & Noble the other day and of course I was in the family section and what do I spy but *Babywise* so I hid the three copies behind some other books! Woo hoo! but you did the best thing. Funny, cuz I thought about doing this same thing but I chickened and just hid them instead. I thought of all the Mothering moms who have done this and gave me the idea.

Naomi
Member posted 07-20-2001 12:43 PM
About moving books around... You know how in a bookstore, some of the books are flipped cover-out, and are much more noticeable that way? It's a random bookstore clerk who decides which books get "faced." Is the clerk more qualified than you to do this? Heck no. So even if you're not into hiding books, you can always go to the parenting section and flip your favorite books face-out, while moving dreck like "What to Expect When You're Expecting" so that it's spine-out.

mom2godzillas
Member posted 07-21-2001 10:04 AM
Tree hugger, you're not taking your dislike too far. As a Christian I truly do believe Gary Ezzo is a tool of Satan. I truly, truly do.

This topic is 2 pages long: 1 2
All times are PT(US)
This is an ARCHIVED topic. You may not reply to it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page