Note: This is an archived topic. It is read-only. Mothering Boards
Parenting Issues Archive
Maya wrap baby pouches

This topic is 2 pages long: 1 2
This topic was originally posted in this forum: Parenting Issues
Author Topic: Maya wrap baby pouches
OceanMomma
Member posted 07-09-2001 10:31 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hi
i just got my maya wrap baby pouch with a lovely instructional video. problem is our video don't work & i think we have different video format here anyway to the us.

can anyone describe to me how to use it ? we had a go this morning while i hung out the washing but she looked really wobbly & uncomfy.

madison
Member posted 07-10-2001 09:18 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know how to use them either, but I've thought about getting one, so I hope someone answers; they look really neat!

adkmom
Member posted 07-10-2001 12:10 PM
I just got one last week. you need to lat the pouch out flat and notice there is one side with four open edges and one side with 2 folded edges.. when you put it on make sure that the four open edges arefacing your neck(on the inside.)the seam along the bottom is where the babys bottoms should be.
I have a 7 mo that i put in it so I put it to the side and he sort of sits up, legs straddling my side and the pouch jjust holding his but & back. If you would like my video let me know.. we can make arrangements to send it to you.
I really like the pouch, although i haven't used it while doing tasks..i.e. laundry,housework etc. I just use it for shopping or walking. Anyway I'd be glad to send you my video.

calvinsmom
Member posted 07-10-2001 01:29 PM
I believe that the Maya Pouch is almost identical to the New Native Carrier. On New Native's web site (www.newnativebaby.com), they have instructional photos.
Hope that helps! We love our New Native!

pinky
Member posted 07-10-2001 06:01 PM
Did you get the handout explaining how to use it? I actually found it more helpful than the video.
I think the main thing is to experiment until you can get the hang of it. My dd is only 7 weeks and she feels very secure in mine. We LOVE it!

[This message has been edited by pinky (edited 07-10-2001).]

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page