Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Note: This is an archived topic. It is read-only. Mothering Boards
Parenting Issues Archive
How can I wear him on my back?

This topic is 2 pages long: 1 2
This topic was originally posted in this forum: Parenting Issues
Author Topic: How can I wear him on my back?
violeta8
Member posted 07-16-2001 02:57 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really want to wear ds (11 months, 26 lbs) on my back...i'm not comfortable wearing him in a sling on my back. I do have 2 metal frame carriers but I don't really like them. There has to be another way!! anyone?
alicia

Chanley
Moderator posted 07-16-2001 03:34 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well I have a babytrekker. It is alright. I can put her on my back but it is a bit awkward and it gets in her face a bit. It is also hard to put on without help and she sits in it funny sometimes. BUT I can put clothes on the line with her and do some work with her in it.
They are $80 a pop so find one used. I was lucky to get one from a mom here (thanks Lunnarmamma)

Good luck!

violeta8
Member posted 07-16-2001 03:38 PM
how long can you wear her like that? how much does she weigh?
i totally forgot about those..i guess cuz of the price..anyone have one?
alicia

Chanley
Moderator posted 07-16-2001 07:05 PM
the video showed a mom using one with her toddler. the little girl was old enough to talk coherently and look very big
i would go to

www.babytrekker.com

bobsgirl
Member posted 07-16-2001 09:37 PM
i just posted on the thread about what is your favorite sling. i have never used a stroe bought sling and know many ties for a sarong for carrying babies. every time i see a mother from another culture carrying her baby in a ap way i go and start up a convo and get her to show me the way...i carried all my children till they were well over four this way.
check out my post, i will check back here to see if you understand how i described it.
cheers, connie

jp
Member posted 07-17-2001 05:01 AM
I had a homemade job. Big rectangle of fabric with ties attached all the way across the bottom - tied around the waist and hung down. Little one sits on this and then it goes up the little back and the top corners each have a strap that goes around one of your shoulders. It was actually a low talent version of something my friend from South Africa did with a few yards of fabric and no straps. You don't know anyone from S. Africa I suppose...

violeta8
Member posted 07-17-2001 05:35 AM
hmmm..bobsgirl i don't quite get it! i can't figure out how he'd stay in that..maybe im picturing it wrong.
help!
alicia

slinkypea
Member posted 07-17-2001 09:31 AM
You might want to try a reboza. Here is a link http://www.rebozaway.org
They have some instructions with pictures, ordering info. They are very pretty too! I have made my own and I also use a sling to carry dd on my back. I just strap her on tight and she is just fine.

Sheehan's Mama
Member posted 07-18-2001 08:09 PM
I have a long (4 yards) piece of fabric that I use to tie my son on my back. I don't think I can describe how to do it, but I found a website that has directions similar to my way of wearing my baby and has pictures too.
Go to www.kangarookorner.com. They have a ton of slings. Go on their link to the Dydymos sling, which has the directions for the wrap downloaded. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page