Worried about my daughter... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 08-30-2005, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Last night my dd and I were reading stories and getting ready for bed when out of the blue she said"mama loves daddy, and mama loves nesbit (the cat) and mama loves katie (dd #2) and that's it...."
I feel so awful. I hope to god she doesn't really feel this way. We spent an hour cuddling and me telling her how special she is, how much I love her. But still, since dd#2 was born I know it's been difficult for her. And there is nothing in the world I would want but her to know how much she is loved. I'm wondering if on dh's next day off, she needs some one on one time with me. I also felt bad as yesterday was a long, hard day. (had to go to the dmv, run errands, felt crabby). I feel so bad.

RN, Tree-huggin, chicken-raisin'chicken3.gif, mountain climbing, yoga attempting namaste.gif Mama to Miss Areading.gif (10) and Miss K joy.gif(8). Newly re-married wife to DHpartners.gif We're pregnant!!belly.gifExpecting our new little addition this November!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 08-30-2005, 04:41 PM

(((hugs))) to you and dd I know it must have broken your heart, but at least she was able to express her concern to you and you were able to give her immediate reassurance

BJ
Barney & Ben
#3 of 11 Old 08-30-2005, 04:54 PM

Some one on one time couldn't hurt.
(((((hugs)))))

Kim ~mom to one awesome dd (12)

#4 of 11 Old 08-30-2005, 08:58 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)

I think it is great that she could tell you how she feels. I think that a lot of kids have these feelings but don't bother to say anything. Just because a child feels something in one moment, it doesn't mean that they feel that way all the time.

What are you going to do for your one-on-one time?

but everything has pros and cons  shrug.gif

#5 of 11 Old 08-31-2005, 12:35 AM - Thread Starter

we're going to go to the park, and then out for an ice cream cone. something simple. You know, it is good that she can express her feelings. She has been sleeping in her own bed lately but for the few nights she's going to camp out with us. I want her to feel "babied" too.

RN, Tree-huggin, chicken-raisin'chicken3.gif, mountain climbing, yoga attempting namaste.gif Mama to Miss Areading.gif (10) and Miss K joy.gif(8). Newly re-married wife to DHpartners.gif We're pregnant!!belly.gifExpecting our new little addition this November!

#6 of 11 Old 08-31-2005, 12:46 AM

Poor mama and poor baby. Having #2 is hard. I think what your doing sounds great though

Does your new baby sleep with you? When we had #2 we moved a twin bed in our room so ds #1 would not feel pushed out since we didn't have enough room in the queen bed for us all.

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all
#7 of 11 Old 09-04-2005, 07:52 PM

I just wanna say I think your dd is very lucky to have a mama like you who is so quick to reassure her if she's feeling unsure. I almost cried thinking about you going to the park and out for icecream together. I was 7.5 when my brother was born adn I can remember thinking I just didn't matter anymore--of course that wasn't true, but I would have given anything for my mom to take me out like you're doing for your dd. mama.
#8 of 11 Old 09-04-2005, 08:55 PM

I'm concerned about rivalry with this new one on the way. I'm really cranky most of the time, and I'm concerned that Ben already doesn't feel loved. Adding a baby can't make it easier. I find that it helps to tell him often and try to show him frequently that I really do love him. A quick I love you can go a long way.
#9 of 11 Old 09-06-2005, 02:37 AM - Thread Starter

thanks mamas

she co-sleeps about 1/2 of the time with us, the other 1/2 in her own bed in her room. I think she did feel left out when dd#2 was born. It was a difficult time-my dh was having to take a job in another state, we were living with my parents while he got our house set up and then we had a new baby. so it is no wonder that she needs extra tlc and reassurance. Things have worked out though, and there are more benefits to her having a sister, it's just getting through the bumps in the road that can be difficult.

#10 of 11 Old 09-08-2005, 06:50 AM

When I first read your post, I have to admit I thought 'oh how cute - she's starting to rhyme' (nesbit...that's it) but given that I can't hear tone in a post, I suspect this isn't what she meant to do.

I'm in the middle of reading 'Siblings Without Rivalry' and it's put a new perspective for me on the whole siblings issue.

Hugs to you and your little one.
#11 of 11 Old 09-08-2005, 08:25 AM

Dont worry to much mama.
I don't think she meant what she do,she's probably trying to say that mama love the family.
Cheer up mama.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page