mama scare - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-02-2003, 02:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I experienced my first major scare yesterday. My DS is 16 months and he still sits in a booster/high chair (won't name the make). He kicked the tray out yesterday and fell out of the chair landing on the underside of the tray. I had turned my back for one second when I heard the crash. I picked up my screaming child to find his head bleeding. I started crying and screaming myself and picked up the phone to call his DR. After rushing him to the Dr in barefeet and no jacket (we live inVT) he turned out ok. No need for stitches or head xray - but I cannot tell you how scary it was. I felt so much guilt and fear - more than I have ever felt in my life. Head injuries are so scary. He was not strapped in but I have to say that I am glad because if he was he probably could have flipped he whole chair over onto himself and done more damage.

what a day. I learned what real fear of being a parent is all about. Seeing your child so hurt is the hardest thing in the world.

Ava Anderson Non-Toxic Consultant
non-toxic, cruelty free, vegan skin care and make up
#2 of 5 Old 02-02-2003, 02:04 PM

(((((rockergirrl)))))

It's so scary when these things happen. I remember when dd2 fell off a chair in the library (that I'd been letting her stand on - I was right next to her, but didn't manage to catch her when she fell). Blood everywhere, etc.

She also went to the doctor and was fine...I think we have a harder time with these things than the children. But you are a good mom, and these things do sometimes happen.

I'm glad your ds is OK. I hope you are OK soon yourself.
#3 of 5 Old 02-02-2003, 05:13 PM

rockergirl-HUGS to you!!!!!

It is terrifying when something like this happens to our children. I'm just really glad your babe is okay.

The fear and panic when stuff like that happens is overwhelming. Luckily, we haven't had a big scare yet, but we've had a few medium-sized ones that have scared the HECK outta me.
#4 of 5 Old 02-03-2003, 02:44 AM

Thanks for your posts. I have a dd, 4 months old, and she fell off the bed last night as I turned away to turn the light on. She is okay but I have been feeling so incredibly bad about it. I know it hurt me more than her but it doesn't make it easier that she fell under my care. I needed to hear that accidents happen. I know they do, but I had to hear it from someone other than dh. Thanks.
#5 of 5 Old 02-04-2003, 11:40 AM

The first time my ds fell out of the bed I bought a bedrail. Not 1 week later I found him on the floor again! He crawled to the end of the bed in his sleep and fell out!
We feel bad but it's not our fault.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page