Where Did My Patience Go? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-03-2003, 07:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OOH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have NO patience at all today. I am so annoyed by everything ds#1 does today. I have NEVER felt this way. I think it's cabin fever. We went outside and played in the gray snow banks that were speckled with the neighborhoods dogs' crap. :

I can't wait for my dh to get home so I can send him off with the boys to get take out. I have even resorted to the TV for entertainment until dh gets home. No more projects today.ild

I don't know what is wrong with me today. PMS? Pregnancy?

:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2003, 09:06 PM

You are not alone!
I get like this too when I haven't been out of the house for days and nobody has come to visit me.
Old 02-03-2003, 09:10 PM

I'm with you. I have no patiance. Esp. with dd2 who is asking to nurse every twenty minutes and having tantrums when I say no. This weather is so nasty! It's raining now. Melting all of the dirty snow only to reveal nasty, muddy yards.

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

Old 02-03-2003, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

Dh came home and we all went to a local deli for dinner. I still feel evil. I am hiding in the office while dh plays with the boys. I usually have so much patience with my sons. And I'm not even tired. Can hormones make you feel that yicky?
Old 02-03-2003, 10:20 PM

Why don't you take a pen and write for 3 pages straight, no thinking, no editing, just anything. Usually makes me feel SO much better. You'll be surprised what may come up -
Old 02-04-2003, 12:36 AM

Oooh, I felt like this last week on Tuesday, then again on Friday. I don't think I would have made it if not for dh... For me, it's a combination of pregnancy hormones and cabin fever. And not getting enough sleep. (But when I'm pregnant, I could sleep 12 hours a day and still be tired....) Thank goodness for bedtime!

Violin teaching, doula-ing Mom to Abby, (8) Ashlynn, (6) : and Max (11/13/08) Diagnosed with Metopic Craniosynostosis. First surgery 5/1/09, Second surgery March 2010.
Old 02-05-2003, 01:55 PM

It's amazing that I found this post today. I was feeling very guilty about my night last night. DS was so irritated, refused to nurse but was hungry. I tried to latch him on over and over but with no luck. He'd arch his back and get really pissed.
I had to resort to pumping and feeding him ebm by bottle!

The thing I feel guilty about is while I was pumping he was very upset. All I could do was hold him (while he was screaming) in my lap while I fumbled trying to pump. It was a nightmare. But after a few minutes he got intersted in watching the pump and he calmed down. He took the milk from a bottle, so for some reason he didn't want the breast. He nursed fine in the middle of the night and this morning.

I hate nights like that.

Marcy

User Tag List