ds gets all the attention - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 02-12-2003, 12:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 7 yr old dd and a 4 yr old ds. My ds is a very handsome little boy. (I say "cute" but he gets mad ) Anyway, ds gets noticed by strangers all the time.."My what a handsome little guy!" "What beautiful eyes" Etc. etc. My daughter barely gets a "hello." What really put it over the edge was last Sat. the pizza delivery lady was greeted at the door by the kids and she gave ds a little toy dinosaur "just cause he was so cute!" DD got nothing.....How can this NOT hurt her feelings. Everytime someone notices ds I put in a good word for dd..whether she's there or not. "Yes, my daughter has the exact same eyes" or "DD is a wonderful reader" etc.

I guess this is part vent and part "what else can I do???" DD has never said anything, but my heart wilts just a little whenever ds gets the attention.
#2 of 3 Old 02-12-2003, 01:49 PM

OMG, that is so sad!! I wish people would be a little more thoughtful and sensitive. I'm not sure there is anything you can do to change them, but I think it's great that you always put in a good word for dd too. I hope others here have a better suggestion!!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

#3 of 3 Old 02-12-2003, 05:09 PM

I want to say that she's 7, so she's officially out of the "cute" stage of life, as far as strangers are concerned. She's entered the "oh, she's so beautiful...boys are gonna be flocking around her. You better get her on some sort of birth control,b/c she's gonna be a hussy" stage.

I'm sorry you all are going thru this, but better silence than horrible stuff like that, right?

It's amazing to me the inconsideration ppl show kids and their feelings.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page