Moms intuition? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-16-2003, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So several times in the last few weeks I have felt like I need to do something, because one of my children are going to break a bone, need stiches, or otherwise have a pretty serious injury this summer.

It is not even during times that they are being reckless. And let me tell you if anyone saw my almost two year old you would think he was headed for a crash, he is always just leaning out and sliding down the poles at the park or following his brother with little concern about wheather he can really do that or not.

But like today ds#2 was asleep and I was buckling ds#1 into his car seat and I was just sure that in the next couple of months I am going to have to take someone to the emergency room.

We don't have insurance or even a doctor My oldest had stiches when he was just two but fortunatly we were back in Kansas and got to see our wonderful old doctor who stiched him up while he nursed and it was not really a big deal. When ever those feelings come up I just hope that it will be in June when we are going to be back in Kansas.

Ahhhh! Anyone else want to share their intuition stories! Or tell me what to do (maybe you know where I can rent full body armor for a 2 year old?).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 03-16-2003, 08:41 PM

Mallory, Have you checked to see if your child qualifies for the state health insurance program? This is different than Medicaid and is provided to you for little or no cost. Every state has insurance like this for minor children. You may never use it accept for emergencies or a serious illness but at least your child would be covered.
I also have a wild 2 year old. I am surprised he has not broken any bones or had stitches yet. Just in case, I keep superglue and splints on hand.
As for my intuition, its very useful when it comes to my children, mostly I pick up on illness, especially vomiting. So far I havent had any feelings of broken bones or flying of the slide in the backyard.
#3 of 3 Old 03-17-2003, 04:10 PM

Hey Mallory, I think Tristen and Micah have outgrown last year's full body armor. Would you like to borrow it for your boy's?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page