Wanna talk about how much I love my kid - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-19-2003, 05:30 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My daughter is the sweetest, funniest, yummiest, most positive and uplifting individual I have ever met. Her disposition is so kind and curious and lovely to be around. We had such a long day together today and she went through it all like a trooper, and I know she is cutting a bunch of big molars right now. We had the nicest time together at lunch. I had to be out during that time so we dropped into our favorite little Mexican food kiosk at the Farmer's Market and had our food. I just love the little girl and sitting with her in the sun and eating her favorite stuff and watching her chow it down with a big smile on her face is just totally the best thing I ever got to do in my whole life!

I love her! What can I say!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2003, 05:36 AM

how wonderful oatmeal I get feelings like this all the time about my DS. He is so bright and bubbly, and a huge charmer, and I get proud fuzzy feelings that I made him!
Old 03-19-2003, 11:20 AM

I love to hear people talk about how much they love their children!
Your daughter sounds adorable
Old 03-19-2003, 02:54 PM

I love hearing positive threads like this. The love we have for our children is truly one of the best parts of being Alive! As my baby grows up, she is becoming more and more of a "little person", and I'm sure that as she begins to share her thoughts with me, I'll be even more enamored of her (though it's hard to imagine loving her any more than I do right now!!!).

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

Old 03-19-2003, 08:33 PM

I was just looking down at dd sleeping at my breast and thinking I am the luckiest Mama ever! Now I see, I just slowed down to appreciate it...I love my charming, inquisitive, playful punki wunki! Oh, thanks for a thread to say this
Old 03-19-2003, 09:57 PM

I know just how you feel. Each member of our family is so in love with the others. Not a day goes by that we don't talk about how lucky we are and sit around grooving about it.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by SoHappy
I know just how you feel. Each member of our family is so in love with the others. Not a day goes by that we don't talk about how lucky we are and sit around grooving about it.

You just described my ultimate dream of paradise.... ahhh someday....
Old 03-19-2003, 10:50 PM

Oatmeal,
Your original post brought tears to my eyes! I feel the same way about my dd. The joy she brings to my life is unmeasurable.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:43 PM
Banned

I feel the same as other mamas here, and it's nice to have a place to express it. I have to say, though, that I find the love bittersweet much of the time. I find that I become literally overwhelmed by my love for her and by how extraordinarily vulnerable I feel. And this world, this war, all the things that happen to children... it just overwhelms me to have someone I love that much be in this world and know that I can't always protect her. I heard some line in a movie once that said "having children is like having your heart on the outside of your body for the rest of your life," or something like that. I find that to be very true. The love is very intense and it brings me so much joy, but it can also be very painful.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:49 PM

Dd sat next to me as I nursed the baby this morning then said "Mama, our baby is my very favourite baby!"

Old 03-20-2003, 03:57 AM

It is nice to have a place to express these feelings. It seems like whenever I talk about how amazing Joseph is people think it's bragging. But I just look at him and my heart melts everyday. He is getting so smart, so loving and cuddly, he just puts me in awe more and more everyday. I hear people complain about 18 month olds, but I am loving how he is becoming. It is womderful to hear moms talking about the adoration they feel for their babes.
Old 03-20-2003, 12:16 PM

I have to agree with Serena... I am overwhelmed with love for my dd. But it is a little bit bittersweet. I never used to worry about running across our busy street to get the mail... now I think "what if I get hit??!! who will take care of my baby?"... crazy stuff like that. I feel like when I had her all "protective walls" that had been erected were completely destroyed leaving me TOTALLY vulnerable and basically a babbling idiot. Luckily my dh says he likes the new me.
I cry when I read parenting books, I cry when I see other babies whose parents don't "seem" to be taking care of them as well as I would. I had such an intense reaction to Michael Jackson dangling his baby over the railing... I really wanted to do violence to the man. I cry watching commercials sometimes. A friend of mine said that when your baby is born you are also born. Born a mother. I really believe it. My dd is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I'm so proud of her. She's spunky and fun and smart and cuddly. She's cutting her first teeth right now and being such a trooper about it. See... I'm getting teary just thinking about her now. Love is powerful stuff. You find reserves of strength and patience that you never knew you had and you become a better person because of it.
Old 03-20-2003, 02:45 PM

I also just looooove my 3!!!my 6 year old dd is a lot like me,so we do crash sometimes.but she is so cute and funny and smart.my little ds is going to be 5!!! in 11 days.he is the most cuddliest,softest most sensitive boy.he tells me I am the cutest mommy in the whole deep sea! how sweet! and my little Quinn! at 3 months old what is not to love!I like to brag about my kiddlies!
Old 03-20-2003, 03:17 PM

Not to change the mood of this thread, but Serena and artgirl put my thoughts into words so well. I, too, have found that when I taste that love I have for DD, I often taste fear. Fear of what I would do if I ever lost her, fear of things happening to her, and fear of things happening to *me*, not because I've ever been all that concerned about it, but for her sake. The thought of her having to be raised by someone else gives me a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, and if I imagine something happening to her I can make myself almost ill right there on the spot. I know that these feelings are all part of being a protective Mama, and are what ensure that our offspring are cared for, but it is still so powerful sometimes! Now I understand why you never get between a mama bear and her cubs!!!

teapot2.GIF Homeschooling, Homesteading Mama to DD ('02) and DS ('04)  ribbonjigsaw.gif blogging.jpg homeschool.gif

Old 03-21-2003, 02:33 AM

I saw a little girl walking a dog down a busy street by herself the other day - she was probably about 8. And the thought suddenly hit me - someday Cole will do that, walk around on the street without me that is. And that seemed like such an unfathomable thought. I looked at that tiny girl and I couldn't believe her parents let her out of the house by herself. Out into that big, unpredictable world. I don't know if this is making sense - it's like, sometimes I look at the kids riding their bikes around on the streets of my neighborhood and it's hard to imagine any parent letting their babies grow up and go out on their own. But we all have to do it somehow.
Old 03-21-2003, 02:40 AM

famousmockngbrd

I know, i can't stand seeing little ones out bythemselves. So sad it has come to that. Why can't they be free? My husband remembers growing up in Mexico where he could get on a bus first thing in the morning go anywhere for miles away, go play far away from home, alone, and come home just in time for dinner and he was always safe.
Old 03-21-2003, 02:47 AM

Mamatorres, it is very sad, isn't it? I wish I could change the whole world into a place beautiful enough for Cole to inhabit. It breaks my heart to think of anyone even ever being mean to him, let alone hurting him physically. I wish his whole life could be nothing but smiles and love and kisses.
Old 03-21-2003, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Bittersweet mamas I know how you feel. Those feelings come up in me daily, especially when I realize I am all that DD has. She has no daddy and no grandparents or aunts and uncles. If I die that is it for her. I have been wanting to get life insurance in order for her but I have to come up with $500 to get a trust made since my dying will mean she is allocated to a guardian and that guardian will need power of attorney over her money, etc.

Every day I think at least 5 times of how I need that safety net in place for her. I started a savings account for her yesterday and when the man at the bank asked me who was the guardian of the money if I die, I froze up. Trusting another person with her money and well-being is terrifying! Yet I must do it. I know how you feel about protecting your babes mamas. I am also working to have a law repealed that keeps the identity and location of sex-offerenders from the people of California. As it is now you can have one living next door to you and never know it.

Anyway - a beautiful day of loving and adoring your little ones to all of you! When I woke to DD chirping this morning I looked up at she was beaming at me. That is the joy I wake up to every morning. Aren't we so lucky!!???
Old 04-06-2003, 06:39 PM

Isn't it wonderful being mothers? I love Julia more than anything in the world. I still can't believe she's already 3! She is really turning into such a sweet little girl. She genuinely cares about people. Today at church she told the little boy in front of her that she loves him! She also always tells me. I could go on and on. And as far as the bittersweet...last night, John(hubby)went to his brother's house. My mom lives with us and she came in the bedroom where Julie and I were sleeping and she said John didn't come home yet..and it was about 6:30 am! I was so scared..I started thinking what if he's dead? I looked down at my beautiful sleeping daughter and I prayed her daddy wasn't dead. I lost my dad at 17 and I couldn't bear the thought of her going through that at 3!!! Thank goodness, he just fell asleep there and came home soon after. But it's so scary to think some of the horrible worries you have as a parent.
Old 04-06-2003, 06:47 PM

Hear hear Oatmeal! It's nice to see such a positive post on the very topic that we are all here for: mothering.

I share your feelings. Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed with love for my dd that I literally feel like I could burst. A mother's love is so powerful, so encompassing, so passionate, and never-ending. It's a remarkable thing to experience, a privelege really.

Enjoy!
Old 04-07-2003, 01:27 PM

I am so in love with my baby I want to gobble him up. Sometimes I do nibble on him! His toes are tasty! I can't help myself!

My love is all the sweeter because I didn't fall in love with him until he was about 7 months old. PPD and just the intricacies of our relationship kept me a bit distant for a while, but when I did fall in love... whammo!

And now that he is a toddler, there is so much more to love. He gives hugs and kisses to every baby he meets (and I get some every day, too, though he reserves most of them for the babes). He hugs his dolls, cars, the dog and gives them sweet kisses, too. He mimicks everything I do, which I know is just his way to learn, but it feels like love, too. He is gentle and thoughtful, watching for a while in new situations. He communicates so much with his few words/signs/gestures. The other day his daddy set him up looking backward over the couch so he could watch the garbage truck. The rest of the day he kept signing, "more". When I said, "more what??" He would sign it again and then say, "pbpbpbpbpb" (the best way I can think to spell out the car sound, kwim?). He was asking for more garbage truck! He thinks I have the power to bring back the garbage truck! It awes me to have this child in my life, to have him love me, to have him learning from me. I am the luckiest mama alive.

And, as the bittersweet mamas have written, you can't love this much and not have that stab of fear. The two go hand in hand...

User Tag List