Is this normal? Touching his tushie....... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 03-19-2003, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ds is 2 yr.and 8 months. Yesterday he said something about poking his tushie. (I don't recall if it was with his fingers or something else. Dh said ds said his fingers,but I thought something else and now I don't know.) Anyway, after that he said he would poke it in DEEP. This seemed odd to dh and me and very explicit. By now(the next morning it's full blown in my head and i'm afraid someone's been doing this to him. Btw,I asked ds last night if anyone had said that to him or done anything to his tushie. And he said "yes". I said "who?" and he said "daddy". I totally do not think this is possible. But of course,this morning (both kids were awake several rtimes last night so I didn't get much sleep) I'm thinking anything is possible.But I still really doubt it could be dh.So I'm thinking of any people it could possibly be.
But mostly I'm wondering is this normal toddler/almost preschooler behavior. Also I forgot to mention he is very verbal for his age............. Any thoughts? I thought of calling the ped. to ask,but I'd rather hear from mdc'ers first. Thanks,KIm
#2 of 5 Old 03-19-2003, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

I forgot to add dh said that ds tries to put the paint brushes in his tush in the bath. That seems a little odd to me....
#3 of 5 Old 03-19-2003, 11:09 AM

My 2 year old also went through a phase of trying to stick things in his anus. I am as sure as I can be that no one has ever done anything to him, haveing never been very far away from him at that age. I do think it is a pretty normal thing.

It might be a signal that some abuse is happening. I am not sure what other things to watch for with abuse, but as with anything I don't think just one sign means a child is abused.
#4 of 5 Old 03-19-2003, 11:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was not abused as a child, and I remember having some pretty explicate fantacies about things like that (I don't know if fantacies is the right word - it is hard to talk about childhood sexuality without using adult terms).

I think there is an adult ideal that children are unsexual ("innocent") that stems from our own conflicted feelings about sex. But they think of all kinds of things. Imagination in kids . . .

I wouldn't worry unless there were signs that something is wrong.

Good luck
#5 of 5 Old 03-19-2003, 12:01 PM

I remember when my sister and I were very young and would take baths together sticking our (own) fingers in our anuses. I think it's most likely a normal part of childhood exploration of his body, but I'm not any kind of expert in the subject.

Come visit the NEW QuirkyBaby website -- earn QB Bucks rewards points for purchases, reviews, referrals, and more! Free US shipping on great brands of baby slings and carriers and FREE BabyLegs or babywearing mirror on orders of $100+. Take the QB Quiz for personalized advice!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page