I need help - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-27-2006, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry for your loss.

I would like to tell you to hang in there and see the bigger picture. You are all these children have and I know it will be a drastic change in your life.. but who better then their Auntie?

I definitely think you should take then all for a good check up and confirm the possibility of having HIV. You can take hte car seats to your local fire dept. and they can install them properly for you. It really is quite tricky..when you think you are doing it correctly, you really aren't.

As far as their eating habits and the T.V are concerned. I think it's great you are buying one for them.. just so what was somewhat "normal" for them in their daily lifestyle doesn't change. Try little by little to change their eating habits to become better. Don't stress over it. You should try to get some counceling help, just so everyones feelings and emmotions are out and help you all settle in as a new family now.

What's most important of all is your love and care for all your sisters kids. Just know that they are in good care now and part of being a parent is a everyday learning process.

I think a pretty neat thing to do is while you are off this week. Set some time out asside, all sit down together and talk about what each of the kids like to do. Like what seems fun for them.. what they like to eat.. what's going on in school.... Simple things that can try to take their minds off of the loss of their mom and get them going on another subject. Maybe it will help.
God Bless you.. You are doing a WONDERFUL thing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2006, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joannarachel
She has no experience mothering, doesn't know anything about AP/NFl, or the things that are important to MDC users, but in one thread she manages to touch on circumcision, vaccines, co-sleeping, and BRITAX CARSEATS?!?!?!

I'm really not buying it.
I have no idea if she's genuine or not, but I find the above a really weird reason for doubting her. I'd never heard of AP with my oldest, but I already had strong opinions on circ, was thinking about cosleeping (didn't call it that), was wary of vax, etc. Her self-description was pretty "crunchy" in a non-parenting way. And, I think she said at some point that the social worker recommended the circ...

I don't care if this was a joke (yeah - funny) or not. I just hope that if it wasn't a joke, she and the kids are doing okay...

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

Old 08-27-2006, 11:38 PM

i had the same doubts for the same reasons joannarachel did...i was pretty inclined already toward NFL and AP before i even had kids, but i would have been hard pressed to nail things quite so neatly as she did.

ah well...

I am a homeopath, offering acute and constitutional consultations for children, babies, and parents. Long-distance treatment is easy, either phone or skype! I also am certified to offer Homeoprophylaxis, a vaccine-alternative program. Message me for more details. www.concentrichealing.com
Old 08-27-2006, 11:56 PM

Khaltom is also the name of an indie music group that is very popular on a mainstream board full of 20 somethings that I used to go to that used to {and may still} take great pleasure in bashing AP and even MDC itself...

I just found this thread and honestly the way she had circumsing the 2 y/o on her to-do list like it was a trip to Kohls is what set off my troll alarm. Off to google and catch up
Old 08-28-2006, 12:05 PM

Im finding it amazing that there is such negativity and suspicion at this person. Sure, i guess sometimes people make stuff up- in this case, in this way (virtual reality) I just cant see the point. oh well. so be it.
But why waste time wondering and searching for info to prove your point?
Old 08-28-2006, 03:32 PM

for me, I googled because I was the only person up in the house and couldn't sleep, so I was up for cheap entertainment. The red flags are red flags no matter what
Old 08-28-2006, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraess
Gosh, i dont understand suspicion at all. She truly seemed like a person who had it together and was handling such an astounding turn of events in the most mature way possible.
That's one of the ways in which it sounded most suspicious to me - that and the fact that started a blog specifically about having 4 children. I mean, who has time to start blogging about something like that days after a tragic death? People do things for all sorts of reasons, but I'm inclined to think that this poster liked all of the positive feedback she got, telling her how lucky the kids were to get her, what a thinking foster mother she was. She said and did all the "right" things on this board. Was totally pliable about circ and spanking, got great postive feedback and told wonderfult things. Who wouldn't want those kind of accolades?

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.
Old 08-28-2006, 06:27 PM

the other thing being the issue of her not actually having custody, but then she says {either here or at carseatsafety forums, can't remember} that the foster mother told her what carseats to get, AND that the kids had never been in carseats before she put them into them. 1- my stepmother worked for DCS, and a close friend still does. They dont' allow kids to be handed off to relatives without a court order or legal order of some variety approved by the court & caseworker. 2- if they were in foster care, even pending a relative pick-up following the death of their mother, the foster parents would have had to put them in carseats. likewise whatever CPS or court officer picked them up from their previous location and brought them to the foster placement.

User Tag List