I'm the fun mom!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-31-2003, 01:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do people ever say things that surprise you?

My mom was telling me how impressed she was with my parenting. She was saying that I adjusted to being a mom a lot better than my friends back home (I'm not around them much). That I don't seem to mind the severe lack of sleep and such. That I seem confident in everything I do with Tracy and I don't second guess myself.

I about fell over. I feel pretty confident that what dh and I are doing is right. The reason we are confident is because we do what we feel is natural in our approach to parenting. If it is uncomfortable we don't do it. I do enough reading around here that I could just about give advice on anything....just because I read so much....not because I'm smart

Then last week I went to the park with a friend. She has a dd the same age as ds. We went for lunch and such. I brought a blanket and a beach ball and some little outside toys. I was saying that I had forgot the bubbles and I was disappointed. I had brought grapes for ds to eat and some crackers. She kept going on and on about how ds was lucky because he had a fun mom. That I always had neat ideas and thigns for ds to do. We are always on the go and I think of everything to bring.

Again, I about fell over!! I don't feel like a fun mom at this point. I intend to be the fun mom. I want ds and I to have a cool relationship. I want to bake cookies with him and plant flowers! I cannot wait for him to be old enough to do these things. Right now we just do what he is able to do. But I was floored that she thought I was fun.....

Anyway....do people ever say things that surprise you?

BTW...everyone also thinks its neat that ds dh and I have such a tight relationship. That we know what the other is thinking and what the other needs with even having to say it....hmmmm I wonder why?? hehehe Dh has the attitude that ppl are nuts for pushing their children to be independent and sleep through the night and grow up quick and then being upset and onfused when their children either hate them or want nothing to do with their parents when they are older. Why push them away if you are just going to want them back in 10 yrs??

Sorry this was long but I needed to empty my head a little bit!!

Single Mom to 2 amazing little men. T(7) and B(5)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2003, 01:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That is awesome! Our planet needs more AP families.
I also think (IMHO) that you recognizing these statements from your mom and friend is a compliment to you and I tip my hat!!

Fun Moms ROCK!!
K

User Tag List