Let's Help New Parents!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-09-2003, 02:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I saw this request online. Let's help spread the AP word!
Quote:
What you wish you'd known about caring for a newborn baby

Deborah Cooper is writing a book about motherhood called, "Surviving the First Six Weeks." She is looking for input about the first six weeks of caring for a newborn. Interviews will focus on THE THINGS NOBODY TELLS YOU, and the things that make you ask," WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME IT WOULD BE LIKE THIS?"
e.g. breastfeeding, sleeping, dealing with colic, screaming in the car seat every trip. The book will present an honest and realistic view of the early weeks of motherhood.

Please email: firstsixweeks@yahoo.com
#2 of 3 Old 04-11-2003, 09:05 PM

Only two things I remember, with clarity, are 1) that when a "baby feeds 8-12 times a day" this is every hour on the hour and lasts for 30-45 mintues?!?! and 2) that not ALL mothers have a "love at first sight" relationship with their babies and THAT IS OK!
#3 of 3 Old 04-12-2003, 02:54 AM
Kim

Thanks for the link. There should be enough to write a series of books.

How about the fact that a woman can pass a clot the size of an organ while in post-partum bleeding and it can be perfectly normal...this happened to me and I remember freaking out! The books gave a normal size range and suggested calling your OB immediately if was surpassed.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page