*really* young mommas! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 373 Old 09-03-2008, 04:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by damona View Post
my DS that i got pregnant with at 17 has just started 4th grade. i may still be a "young mama" in the grand scheme of things, but that makes me feel old!
Mine just started 7th! I guess i'm not a young momma anymore! He is taller than me too. Being a young momma was such a great way to be! You go ladies
#362 of 373 Old 09-03-2008, 10:53 PM

Hi. I'm Heather. I am 23 and mom to 2 boys and 1 girl who is an angel (chromosome abnormalities.) I got pregnant with my first son when I was 19.
#363 of 373 Old 09-04-2008, 12:41 AM

Hi! My name is Chelci, I'm 19 and married with 2 children. Going by my LMP I got pregnant the day before my 17th birthday (DH then BF was 16) with DS. Then I got pregnant with DD at 18.

Chelci  Anthony, parents to:  E- 11/2006, A- 07/2008, and K- 09/2014.
A Few Facts About Our Family  

#364 of 373 Old 09-04-2008, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi there! In the interest of limiting FYT to subjects not hosted elsewhere on the board, we have moved your tribe here. You're still a tribe, which means you're still support-only. If you have any questions about the move, please do not discuss it on the boards. Rather, contact an administrator or start a thread in Questions and Suggestions. Thanks, and happy posting!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#365 of 373 Old 09-04-2008, 10:28 AM

Another "young mama once".
My oldest just turned 10 this summer! Im 27.

Aside from DD we also have DS who just turned 3. Big gap!

I did the single mom thing for a few years and then met my DH.
#366 of 373 Old 09-04-2008, 10:51 AM

Hi to all the young mamas! I'm 23 had my ds when I was 20, I quit college to focus on him and have been a SAHM since he was born. His daddy and I got married this year and we are expecting another babs in March. I love being a young mom it's hard work but I think you've more energy when you're young and can relate to your LO's better. I've lost touch with most of my old friends, still talk to one or two but I feel like I'm a such a different place in my life that I get on better with other moms even though they're much older than me.

Can't believe some of you have 3+ kids! I'm in awe I'm worried how I'll manage with 2!

Me and the boys; Dh, ds1 10/05 and ds2 03/09
#367 of 373 Old 09-04-2008, 11:04 AM

hey!! i had ds at 20 (hes 7 mos now) and stoped going to college to be a sahm as well! i would love to finish eventually... and my friends are trying to understand i think 2 totally get it and the another 3 get why i want to stay home with him and take time off but hope i go back soon and the last one thinks daycare asap for all children is a great plan (shes not so into babies lol) i wouldnt do it any other way i love being home with him and i feel lucky then i am able to. college will always be there.. this time with him wont kwim?
#368 of 373 Old 09-04-2008, 12:41 PM

Former young mom, just popping in to say hi.

I had dd when I was 16..finished school, worked until last year, and now I'm a SAHM.
#369 of 373 Old 09-04-2008, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doratheexplorer View Post
Can't believe some of you have 3+ kids! I'm in awe I'm worried how I'll manage with 2!
Meh. After you have 2, the rest are easy. Especially if they are close in age. My 3 are under 5 years old so I do a lot of things in groups. Assembly line diapers and potty breaks, snacks, drinks and lunches, getting dressed, etc. Multi task parenting.

Congrats on your pregnancy!
#370 of 373 Old 09-04-2008, 05:01 PM

Wow, I'm so surprised that there are so many young mamas on this forum, not long ago I posted a young mama board and got NOTHING! haha anyhow, thanks to an older mama friend of mine, I found this! I'm 21 and have a baby boy that'll be 6 months on the 11th of this month. None of the moms my age that I know, parent like I do either.
#371 of 373 Old 09-04-2008, 05:07 PM

Yeah I'm 22 and I'm the youngest in my play group by at least 6 years. I'm glad to have found AP moms like me but sometimes I feel a bit left out because I'm young and didn't have the type of life experiences they did. But then, I also have years more motherhood experience then them. It evens out.

It's great there's so many like minded young moms here. : It seems young and AP are not that common in the outside world.
#372 of 373 Old 09-05-2008, 06:17 PM

I still feel like a young mama, even though I'm almost 29 now. I had Eli when I was 20. Hard to believe that was almost 9 years ago. Yikes!
So I can relate to being a young mom. This is the first year at the kids school I actually feel like an older parent. LOL

Mom to three boys 7/7/00 fencing.gif 11/20/02 and 10/29/2011 luxlove.gif

Writing at: http://paisleymama.blogspot.com/ and other places! 

#373 of 373 Old 09-05-2008, 08:08 PM

Hello!
Not a young mama now,31, but definitely was. I had my daughter a month before my 18th bday and my oldest son 2months after I turned 20. With a less than helpful father of my children it was a true struggle for several years. My parents were quite less than thrilled to find out that I was pregnant 5 months after graduating highschool. Besides them, who absolutely adore their grandchildren by the way, the only really hurtful comment that I got was a lady that I worked with. When I was pregnant w/my first she said something along the lines of "awww, you two get to grow up together". Whether she meant it condescendingly or not I'll never know but it certainly felt that way. I grew up the moment that I found out I was going to be responsible for another human.
Anyway, after that long intro just wanted to stop in a say hi!

Amy - mom to Anna-Rebekah 14, Logan 13, Christian 8, Ethan 7 and Adan 07/15/08

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page