*really* young mommas! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 373 Old 03-06-2007, 01:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Another young momma here, I'm 24 now but had my first at 19 and then my second at 21, with a m/c in between them. We are very AP and organic living. My family calls me a "hippie" because I really care about how my family lives. Is annoying, but I just ignore it cause this is really important to me. Glad I found a new tribe!!

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#122 of 373 Old 03-06-2007, 01:57 PM

Hi all, I am 23, new to the forums, and this tribe is shockingly suited to me. I am no longer a SUPER young, but I was once. My son is closing in on 7 fast, and I am 3 days overdue : with what I think is my daughter. We're planning a home birth, and we're ready! Also, I noticed a few aspiring midwives on this thread, way back in June. Any of you still around? We have that in common too. I certainly have nothing in common with the moms I know, (okay, I don't really know any), you guys can relate. It's nice to see some moms like me! I'd like to get to know you guys. -Kelsey
#123 of 373 Old 03-08-2007, 03:44 PM

i'm 20 with three kids : DD was born when I was 18 (pregnant at 17) and when she was 18 months i got pregnant with our twins. life is crazy, but good

full time, single, slightly soggy WOHM to Juliet (12.31.2004 @ 36w5d) and Willow & Adam (2.22.2007 @ 39w5d, HBAC transfer) and... expecting my little womb warrior Eowyn Susanne in September
#124 of 373 Old 03-10-2007, 11:41 PM

wow I had no idea that I would find this on here and I am so glad. My DD was born 2 month after my 20th birthday and my DS 1 month after my 22nd. I do not know any crunchy moms let alone any young ones. I don't have alot of friends because alot of older moms see me as too young of a mom and any of the young moms I know are far from being AP's. One actually had her 3children taken from her for neglect. With my DD I had alot of rude comments one that comes to mind in particular is one day I was out for a walk with my DD and a bunch of guys in a van pulled up beside my and yelled "Teenage mom you should have had an abortion" I still get sick thinking about it. I absolutly love being a co-sleeping, tandem nursing, baby wearing, no circ, Home birthing,young mom. Nice to know there are others out there.
Krista

Mommy to Petunia 11/04 Bug 10/06 Button 11/09 and  Sweetie pea 12/11 DW to J :

#125 of 373 Old 03-11-2007, 10:53 AM

Hi really young mamas!

Mama2DoubleCuties - I'm an aspiring midwife. I'm hoping to start my course really soon. I just have to buy a few more books!

mommy2twobabes - that is HORRIBLE! Why would someone say something like that? Young moms can be great moms! What a poor angry person.... I'm really sorry.

It's been a while since I posted here, so I'll just give a quick run down!

Got pg just before I turned 16. : Got married at 16. Had dd @ 16, ds @ 17, ds2 @19 and dd2 @ 21. I'm 23 and have 4 kids. I'm the crunchiest mama I know, but I'm very blessed to have some friends that are moms in their 20's and are pretty AP. I'm sorry that you are all so lonely as far as mama friends go.

I get all sorts of crazy comments. "You don't look old enough to have had all those kids." (well, obviously I am, cause I did!) "Do they all have the same father?" (yes they do - shocking I know!) "Don't you know what causes that?" (yes I do and I LIKE it!!!) When I was pg it was really hard, people can be so nasty and they think other peoples' fertility is their own business. :

There are days when I wish we had waited. We could have gotten our schooling out of the way. (DH is going to school and I'm going to be starting.) Most of the time, though, I'm extremely happy to be a really young mama. I really get to enjoy my kids and we do all sorts of crazy fun stuff together. I'm hoping that I'm so close to being a teenager still, I won't forget what it was like for me. Hopefully, things will be better for mine!

Have a wonderful day!
#126 of 373 Old 03-11-2007, 03:31 PM

hi everyone! I'm taking the steps to go to college soon.

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#127 of 373 Old 03-11-2007, 10:22 PM

Just found this thread!
I got pregnant (on purpose) at 18, and birthed my first son at 18. In a totally immature relationship, which I regret, but the kiddo I got out of it is absolutely perfect. He was still a baby when my partner and I started dating, and we moved in together before his first birthday. We planned and conceived my second babe when I was 20, and I birthed him at 21. I'm 22 now and my partner is 27. I got my BA last year (am now a SAHM) and my partner is entering a doctoral program in August.
So sorry to hear that many of you feel so isolated, I am lucky to live in a city with lots of AP moms, most of whom are older than me but I don't mind. Most of my friends are 26-32. It would be nice to have a close mama friend my own age, but it's not really a big deal to me.
#128 of 373 Old 03-13-2007, 02:17 AM
Banned

LOL I am definitely a young mama! Today is my 18th birthday and my first baby, a little girl, is due this May. I'm sure everyone thinks that it was an accident(heard a few annoying comments too : ) but I was and am in a wonderful committed relationship and I had MAJOR baby craving. Sooo...we just weren't really careful about birth control. Not ttc but not trying too hard to prevent it. But I am so excited about being a mama. I really look forward to the privilege of raising my DD and to the challenge of being a wonderful mama. P.S. I'm SOOO glad that I found this site! I have always been really crunchy but I have learned a LOT.
#129 of 373 Old 03-13-2007, 06:04 PM

DH and I got pregnant when we were just 20! Don't you just LOVE "the looks" you get at the store from elders? I have been looked up and down with disapprovement so many times, that it's become habit for me to just flash my wedding ring and move on. However, even though I am 22, I could pass for 17, so that may account for all the stares as well :

Nonetheless, I am thrilled to be a young mama. I will be in my late 30's when my son is in High School, and I just feel that we will be able to relate to eachother so well.

brandi
Wife to Thomas (03/05) Mama to Tommy (04/06) & Emma (01/10)
#130 of 373 Old 03-13-2007, 11:23 PM

im 25 and pregnant with baby #2....does that make me young enough?
#131 of 373 Old 03-14-2007, 12:59 AM

I just joined MDC and am so glad I found this thread! I just turned 20 and am having my first in a few weeks! I totally understand what you all mean about the looks in the store, and all the negative comments. I also look like im 16, so sometimes I get some pretty bad stares. I don't mind though because I am thrilled to be a mama. My boyfriend is a few months younger than me, and we are completely in love. I couldn't be happier. So although our ds wasn't planned we feel extremely blessed. :
#132 of 373 Old 03-16-2007, 12:40 AM

Hey guys,
Looks like there are quite a few of us who are new. If anyone has questions about the whole school thing I might be able to help. I've been doing it for awhile. It's a great way to get some cash and stay attached, oh, and you can learn some things!
#133 of 373 Old 03-16-2007, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's_Mommy View Post
im 25 and pregnant with baby #2....does that make me young enough?
Hey I'm coming close on 24 and just had number two, and I'm here. We're the 'self proclaimed' really young mamas of the gang I guess. I say you are
#134 of 373 Old 03-16-2007, 01:23 PM

I'm almost 23 and just had my third baby 9 months ago. My first two kids were born not even a year apart, when I was 19 and 20. I was married to their dad at the time but we split and I got re married 7 months ago to this baby's father. I actually want MORE kids! LOL but my mom isn't too thrilled with me always being pregnant. Little does she know that we're kinda trying right now, and have been since I stopped my Depo a few months ago.

I just read another one of ya'lls posts and it said she lost a baby due to low progesterone b/c of BF... that kinda just scared me cuz I'm nursing my son still. Maybe I'll wait till he's weaned to try to get pregnant...

Brittany-- SAH, Intactivist/Lactivist,Homeschooling,Natural Birthing Momma to Z(03) J(04) E(06) and G&B(09) and wanting a 2011 baby! innocent.gif
#135 of 373 Old 03-16-2007, 03:01 PM

Aw, don't worry too much about BF while TTC. I am BF my five month old and TTC. I was still BF my first child when I got pregnant with my second. I've never had any problems.

I know what you mean about families not being supportive of us having many kids. We are quiverfull - meaning that we do not use birth control and will accept as many children as God blesses us with - and I'm 19 with two kids : . They are always lecturing me about BC. But I don't think they grasp the concept that IUDs and the pill are just automated abortions. The egg is still fertilized but the body aborts the baby. I couldn't do that. That still leaves barrier methods, but we just leave it up to God.

We're here to support you!
#136 of 373 Old 03-16-2007, 04:07 PM

Just found this tribe! DH and I are 24 and having #3 this summer. We have a 5 1/2-year-old DS, a 16-month-old DD, and another sweet baby boy on the way. Nice to "meet" you other young mamas!
#137 of 373 Old 03-17-2007, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyca View Post
But I don't think they grasp the concept that IUDs and the pill are just automated abortions. The egg is still fertilized but the body aborts the baby. I couldn't do that.
We also reject the use of birth control, however, while what you said is true about IUD,which creates a hostile uterine environment for a potentially fertilized egg, if the pill (and other hormonal methods) work properly, an egg is never released from the ovary, and so couldn't be fertilized. These methods prevent fertilization of an egg by preventing ovulation. Just thought everyone should have the right information.
#138 of 373 Old 03-28-2007, 05:30 PM

What an awesome tribe! I have a four month old son @ 20...pregnant @ 19. It is so awesome to find so many young AP mamas! I must agree with some PP's that most of the young moms I know are anything but AP.
#139 of 373 Old 03-28-2007, 06:12 PM

Hello fellow young mothers! I'm not really young now (24) but I was when ds was born. I was preggo at 17 and had ds a month after I turned 18. He was an "accident", but the best one ever. I wish I had waited at times, but I wouldn't trade him for anything. I was in high school while preg and can relate to the looks from other people. I had other girls in my classes telling me I didn't need to wear whatever it the out fit was because my belly was starting to show. Unfortunaly I didn't really enjoy my pregnancy like I wish I could have been able to. Dh and I are trying for #2, but are facing some fertility issues right now that are kinda bumming me out, but I know that will help me enjoy my pregnancy all the more when it finally happens. Yay for this thread! Hugs to all!
Elizabeth

Elizabeth wife to Matt , mom to Logan (2/21/01) , and little man Desmond (9/23/08)

Mourning the loss of her father: Robert Edward Dillon 5/31/52 - 01/03/2011

#140 of 373 Old 04-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Banned

My name is Hannah. I had my daughter Felicity when I was 17.
#141 of 373 Old 04-27-2007, 01:39 PM

subbing....

i want to join...i'm 21 and i got preggers at 20 and had my ds not too long after i was 21...he just made 6mo yesterday...i wouldn't trade him for anything!
#142 of 373 Old 04-30-2007, 01:51 AM

HI there! I am 21, and have 3 babies ! I have 19 month old twins, got pregnant when I was 19, had them when I was 20... then got pregnant again when they were 3 months old, and have a 7 month old now

People think I am CRAZY when I tell them I am 21 and have 3 kids....

Erika, wife to geek.gif and Mommy to twins.gif born in 05, coolshine.gif born in 06, biggrinbounce.gif born in 08! Ive had 8 miscarriagesmecry.gif and am praying.gif for a sticky bean in December 2012! I homeschool.gifsaynovax.gifwinner.jpg and hope for a hbac.gif!

#143 of 373 Old 05-03-2007, 02:58 AM

I am 21 and had both of my babies at 19.. Yep BOTH.. They are 9.5 months apart (Preemies). I got pregnant with my first baby at 18.
#144 of 373 Old 05-03-2007, 03:17 AM

20 is young for your first baby?? I never knew.

Hi all!

Mom of 5 boys- 13, 10, 8, 2 : and newbie Aug. 24th, '09 . babywearing advocate . Cook, baker, homemaker, wife to a man with another woman's kidney (live altruistic, unknown donor).
#145 of 373 Old 05-03-2007, 06:40 PM

Hi fellow young mamas! I think I posted in here before... can't remember. I got pregnant at 18, had dd at 19 and am now 20. Anybody else find that their childless peers have no idea how to react to you? I've managed to make a number of single, career-driven women in their early 20s QUITE nervous and uncomfortable, simply by being a sahm who is content with her situation in life and enjoying being a mama.

I don't come here anymore. MDC has become overgrown with ads & useless extra forums.
#146 of 373 Old 05-18-2007, 07:17 PM

Is this for people who are still young? I'm 34, but my kids will be 15 and 11 this summer. I'm always the youngest mom, especially at the high school functions!

Now that I'm older, I get more respect from people, but when my kids were little, and I looked even younger than I was ... agh. I got so sick of the condescension and advice and assumptions that I didn't know/care what was best for my kids. I think the worst was the shocked "compliment" that I was a good mom.

Bleh.

But, for those of you who aren't doing the QF thing, the nice thing about being a young mom is that I'm 34 and the empty nest is within sight! We're already planning our romantic European trips...
#147 of 373 Old 05-18-2007, 09:30 PM

Hi ladies, my name is Chelci and I am 18. I got pregnant and had my son at the age of 17. He is now 6 months old.

Chelci

afro.jpg Chelci partners.gif Anthony, parents to: kid.gif E- 11/2006,energy.gif A- 07/2008, and babyf.gifBaby #3 due Aug. 2014.

A Few Facts About Our Familynamaste.gif  intactlact.gif  novaxnocirc.gif

#148 of 373 Old 05-18-2007, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

hi to all the new mamas!

Maggie, blissfully married mama of 5 little ladies on my own little path. homeschool.gif gd.gifRainbow.gif
#149 of 373 Old 05-19-2007, 08:37 AM

I'm not a really young mamma, but I wanted to stop in and say hi. I had my first a week and a half before I turned 21, but I look young, I guess. Two years ago (I'm now 28) I was carded trying to buy an R rated movie. when I had my first I got lots of disgusted and sympathic looks. When my sister and I went out walking with him people assumed SHE was the mother...and she's 6 years younger than me! I've been cornered in public bathrooms asking about the details : , and the worst thing ever was when my mom and I went to a restaurant and the staff was talking about me very loudly...saying stuff about how I'd probably have to drop out of school now and how they'd hate to have a baby as young as I am

I was better behaved back then so I didn't really say much, but it did a number on my self confidence at the time.

Oh! I forgot about the time when I was at the grocery store with my (at the time) 2yo and 4mo and was getting the 2yo to 'help' with the baby...I was stopped by an older woman who asked ds "aren't you a good boy to help your sister with the baby?". Then dp walked up and she told him he had some good kids here. He had no clue so he just said thanks

But anyway, I applaud you all for being good mamas...regardless of your age
#150 of 373 Old 05-23-2007, 12:04 AM

I'm 26 so I'm not as young as most of you (that is the exact opposite of what I normally say, lol) but was 18 when I had my now 8 year old dd. I totally relate to what most of you say! I still find it hard to make friends and I can pass for 19 easily. In fact, I subbed for the secretary at our school board meeting and most of the board thought I was a nice neighborhood girl that the secretary hired. When I let them know that I was a parent, their attitudes changed tremendously.

Slight vent: I'm tired of not having many friends I can relate to. All of the Moms at my dd's school are in their mid-30's to mid-40's. The few mom's with kids remotely close in age to my dd (none at our school) are uneducated (degrees don't matter, just know what going on in the world) and unmotivated. I think we all know it's harder to meet AP Moms. ;-)
My ex is in the military so I didn't feel so lonely at first but then I got divorced, moved to a city to finish college, and entered the business world. My closest family member is about 2000 miles away and the ex (who is a good dad and person) just transfered to Hawaii.

I have a B.A. and am going back for my Master's this spring, yeah!

It's great to "meet" so many great young mamma's! It's nice to know I'm not the only one.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page