So what are you going to do with all the candy? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 11-01-2006, 09:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We pick out a few things we like and then I take the rest to university. All the students spending hours working in the lab love the sugar pick-me-ups.

+ (13 years together)= (9), (9), (2) and
#32 of 37 Old 11-01-2006, 09:59 PM

The leftover candy that didn't get passed out will be eaten by me and dh, or go to his work tomorrow and put in the break room.

Ds gets to keep all his candy. He can have as much as he wants this week. He usually eats 2 pieces after breakfast and another 2 in the afternoon. He loves planning out which piece he's going to eat next. But, by this weekend he'll be sick of it, and I'll be able to put whatever's left up on a shelf. Once he forgets about it, I toss it.
#33 of 37 Old 11-13-2006, 09:51 PM

this is late...but perhaps it could help next year...

We just happened to be at a book store in early october cause it had a new fairy door my DD wanted to check out and she wanted me to read her this book.

http://www.amazon.com/All-Hallows-Ev...e=UTF8&s=books

Thankfully I'm perfectly ok with the idea of telling her a fairy comes and gets her candy and leaves her a toy instead...cause the book gives no real warning that this is what it is going to teach your kids...

Anyway, it worked really well for us this year (dd is 4).

Jillian wife to Ryan and mommy to Janelle Ashlynn (9/09/2002), Kincaid Chance (3/29/2004), Travis Neil (8/13/2007) and River Anderson (5/02/2009).
#34 of 37 Old 11-13-2006, 10:08 PM

starburst to my nephew in Iraq
#35 of 37 Old 11-13-2006, 10:56 PM

What candy? (licks side of mouth)

DC
#36 of 37 Old 11-14-2006, 11:32 AM

Last year I explained to ds that I was concerned about him having so much sugar, chemicals, etc. and offered to trade ds the majority of his candy for something else he wanted. He actually took me up on it.

This year, I just let it go and, surprisingly, the Kid with the Insatiable Sweet Tooth has been self-moderating pretty well!
#37 of 37 Old 11-14-2006, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We let her pick out 5 favorite pieces and then watched The Great Pumpkin we got from the library. And then told her that if she left her candy for the Great Pumpkin that he would bring her something she really liked (in this case more fingerpaints and special paper...).....So she did happily, waited up for him like a kiddo for Santa and when she woke up in the morning, there were her paints (daddy was working late so he stopped at Dick Blick on the way home)....She was sooo happy and hasn't missed her candy.....She didn't have tons bc since it was just me with her step sister, we only went to about 12-13 houses...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page