Who went pt after baby was born? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-24-2003, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wondering how many of you went to part-time after your little darlings were born? I'm planning on going part time in July and I can't wait, but I'm nervous too. Dd is 15 months and I want to spend time with her, so I'm psyched to only have to work 24 hours. At the same time, I'm leaving a prestigous job to take one working part time for the government. To say that this isn't a great "career" choice is an understatement. At the same time, I am still staying in the same field, so it's not totally a loss. I guess I am officially on the "mommy track." In fact, the department that I will be working in affectionately calls the part-timers "part-time moms": since almost all of the people working part time are women and have young children. : Anyway, just wondering what type of schedule you ladies were able to get after baby was born? It took me nearly a year and a half to secure this part time position!

Libby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2003, 10:37 AM

I'm not back to work yet, but I intend to return to my job part-time (I'm a lawyer). I haven't worked out the details yet, so I'm not sure if I'll do 3 or 4 days/week. Working p/t may not be "career-oriented" for now, but I feel as though it's keeping my hand in the field, so if at some point when DS is in school I prefer to work f/t I can make that change then. If I left altogehter, I wouldn't ever be able to come back. Good luck!

Kristin
Mama to Aaron, 1/26/03
Old 04-25-2003, 07:14 PM

I returned part-time. I have been back at work since September and back at the office since November. I am Supposed to have 3 9 hour days, but it is closer to 3 8 hour days plu work on weekends,

I am officially giving up my weekend work based on my review (got a bad review from a childless woman) and I am changing jobs in June anyway.

I'll stay part-time until either this fall or next fall. It depends on someone else. I liked doing this, but I think I am ready to go back full time now.
Old 04-25-2003, 11:12 PM

I went part time and it is hard for me. I miss having the continuity at work. But I do appreciate the time with DD. Good luck.
Lately I have been working full time but not at one job. It's even crazier.

User Tag List