More than one gift from Santa????? - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 92 Old 12-26-2006, 09:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When I was small, Santa brought everything, the presents, the stockings, even the tree. Then my grandparents would bring more! I don't remember when I stopped believing.

In my husband's family, Santa brought one big present and the parents supplied the rest. This is how we've chosen to proceed. We're not doing the concept of "Santa is watching you and knows if you've been good or bad" (blech), and I think one big present is enough to keep the magic of Santa while accounting for the fact that some kids do get more than others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 92 Old 12-26-2006, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The "big" presents (the one with the wow factor, ie. train set, doll with stroller and crib) along with the stockings come from Santa. Each child gets one "big" present (and accessories if they are appropriate.) Then mom and dad get them a few smaller presents like puzzles, books, stuffed animals or something else that suits them. We try not to go too crazy. They get one or two presentsfrom their grandmas on each side and they have a gillion aunts and uncles, so we really try to enforce the "keep it to a minimum, people!" rule. It works great and they have a chance to explore and really play with each gift.

I lovew Christmas.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page