Nice parenting compliment from a stranger - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-15-2003, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We went out for brunch today for Fathers Day with our 29 month old and 7 month old. 7 month old was sitting in a high chair playing with toys and 2 year old was in a booster seat coloring. This older couple was watching us for about 20 minutes. We had the usual parent/toddler conversations. At one point DS threw a crayon on the floor. As we already have the routine for this down I gave him "the look" he got down, picked it up and said "sorry mommy" and got back to coloring. The couple was leaving and the lady ruffled Elijah's hair and said, "You have two really good kids here." I said thank you very much! It made me happy because I felt I must be doing something right for people to compliment my beautiful children, not for their looks, but their behaviour!

Shawna, married to Michael, mommy to Elijah 1/18/01, Olivia 11/9/02, and Eliana 1/22/06
#2 of 3 Old 06-16-2003, 12:35 PM

WTG Shawna!! Isnt that the best? After three years of AP, its really starting to show...My three year old has been so polite and kind lately...even to perfect strangers. Keep up the good work, Mama!!
#3 of 3 Old 06-17-2003, 04:15 AM

I love hearing stories like that. Thanks for sharing it!

Anne wife to Phil & mama to Katie
Velvet Blue ::: Seattle Baby/Child/Family Portraits

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page