Separation Anxiety WOES!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 09-10-2007, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I need some help everyone.
Just recently preschool has started for most of the three year olds in my Playgroup. All summer there was talk of PS. I didn't consider it an option for my DS until about a month ago. I asked my DS if he would like to go to PS. We visited PS. Talked to people, he got to play with other kids. Now my DS is worried that I am going to leave him somewhere. Everywhere we go he asks me if I am going to stay. At playgroup we doesn't relax and play with the other kids without checking on me. He wants me to engage him the entire time.
Just last night I took him a church for bible study and all he was concerned about was where I was and what I was doing. He wouldn't participate with the other 20 kids in the room. Several parents were there with their kids, and their kids were sitting and engaged with what was happening.
I think this behavior is normal for some three year olds. Its not like he hasn't ever been away from me. Infact he used to go to a babysitter 4 days a week. He loved it there for the most part. Now he asks me when we drive by if I am going to leave him there. There's been a few times when I HAVE had to drop him off at a friends house or at the babysitter and he's usually crying before we get there.

Then there's the issue of ME. My DS is draining the mommy out of me with this behavior. He also does other things that I don't understand. Recently I thought he was weaning and then out of no where he starts wanting to nurse every hour. There's the random hitting to get my attention couple that with the fact he cannot stay off of me. I know he's three and I am his security but in short he's DRIVING ME NUTS!!! He's reaching out for attention that I don't know what to do about. We play together, go to the park together, we do lots of one on one things. We co-sleep, I take him everywhere. To the point I tell people my DS is with me and to please make arrangements for him to be there. When I went on a job search my DS was with me. I no long need a job, but still he wouldn't leave my side.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page