shopping cart covers please help... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 11-06-2007, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i have looked on amazon for the shopping cart covers but the ones that arent expensive everyone says they are horriable i dont konw which one to get... can someone help me i thought about sewing one my self but im not good at it lol.

thank you new mom and still learning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 11-07-2007, 10:56 AM

Welcome to MDC!

I'm sure if you do a search you will find a good WAHM who sews them.

I just have to say that I have never used a cover. Instead I would wipe down the area with a diaper wipe and then put baby/child in or I would just keep my dc in the sling.

Just throwing out another idea!
#3 of 17 Old 11-07-2007, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

i didnt think of that i hadnt thought about using wipes, i also read that cleaning wipes are good for tables at resturants. is there any tips on a certain kind of those?
#4 of 17 Old 11-07-2007, 11:59 AM

I just use diaper wipes.

I do not use anything with scent or anti-bacterial in it. Soap and water, no harsh chemicals!

For my first child, I used cloth wipes moistened with water and tea tree oil and put those in a container. When the second came, I resorted to the disposible kind!
#5 of 17 Old 11-07-2007, 01:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had this one that I used starting at about 6 months. It has a slot so you can still buckle (with an attached buckle, not the cart one). It was really soft and plush. You can attach toys with rings, too.

http://www.amazon.com/Floppy-Cover-O...4453320&sr=8-9

treehugger.gifearth.gifribbonwhite.gif Anne (31), single WOHM to Karen (5)ribbonyellow.gifshamrocksmile.giffambedsingle1.gifjoy.gif
#6 of 17 Old 11-07-2007, 03:21 PM

I use the floppy seat, we're going on almost 3.5 years of use here, I still love it. The germ aspect aside, it's great when there are no dry carts on a rainy day or when there are no warm carts on a snowy/icy day. I also love that it makes a little "nest" for ds to sit in that keeps all his little stuff from falling out of the cart (I always bring a snack, a sippy cup of water, and a couple toys for ds when we go shopping). Plus it's got a pocket for me to stick my keys and cell phone in, which helps.

I also like that the floppy seat will fit any restaurant high chair, as we used it for that purpose as well when ds was younger.

http://www.amazon.com/Floppy-Seat-Sh.../dp/B00009VE5J
#7 of 17 Old 11-07-2007, 04:10 PM

I purchased one from this SAHM/ WAHM. Her name is Melissa and her cart covers are awesome. I even bought one for a friend and she loves it as well. I always get compliments on it when my son and I are out and about.

http://www.kozypalcartcovers.com/

Leah- wife to Chris : SAHM to Henry (03/06)and to Evelyn : (06/08). She is our heart attack survivor at 3.5 weeks and went on to have open heart surgery at 5 weeks for Coarctation of the Aorta.
#8 of 17 Old 11-07-2007, 07:00 PM

I forgot to say, if I'd known about WAHM covers when I got my cart cover, I would have bought one of those instead. I love my floppy seat, but that's nothing to do with the brand, I just love my cart cover, period. I agree, if you can buy from a WAHM, do it.
#9 of 17 Old 11-07-2007, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2005 View Post
I had this one that I used starting at about 6 months. It has a slot so you can still buckle (with an attached buckle, not the cart one). It was really soft and plush. You can attach toys with rings, too.

http://www.amazon.com/Floppy-Cover-O...4453320&sr=8-9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch View Post
I forgot to say, if I'd known about WAHM covers when I got my cart cover, I would have bought one of those instead. I love my floppy seat, but that's nothing to do with the brand, I just love my cart cover, period. I agree, if you can buy from a WAHM, do it.

:
#10 of 17 Old 11-29-2007, 04:10 PM

I just came on to ask this same question! DH tried putting him in a cart the other day for the 1st time and ds loved it! I love using my carrier, but every once in awhile it's nice to put DS down in a clean comfy place.

Melissa seems to do great work, but seems very busy!! Any other equally great WAHM recs???
#11 of 17 Old 11-30-2007, 01:37 AM

I went and looked at the prices for both of those seats mentioned, and they seem to range in price from $30-$50+ for a cart cover. : No doubt lots of work goes into them, and i'm sure theyre useful, but thats a lot of money!

Then i remembered every time i go into a children's resale shop they always have a TON of these covers....i dont remember how much they cost, but i can't imagine they'd be more than $15 used. I know when i was looking at their used Boppys they were $10-15 (this is at Once Upon A Child), several of them were in GREAT shape, included a zip off cover, etc....and when i looked at new Boppys in the store they were ALOT more than that.

Just thought i'd throw that out there as an option!

Katherine (who wishes she had a baby around to use all these neat products!)

Katherine, single homeschooling mom to Boy Genius (17) geek.gif  Thing One (6) and Thing Two (6) fencing.gif and one outgoing Girl (12) bikenew.gif and hoping for more through foster care and adoption homebirth.jpgadoptionheart-1.gif 
#12 of 17 Old 11-30-2007, 11:51 PM

I got one at Target that wasn't all that expensive. I used to just carry him, but lately he wants to be sitting down rather than being carried.
#13 of 17 Old 12-01-2007, 12:00 AM

I have a Cleanshopper that I will sell ya if you're interested!
It's cobalt blue. 13.00shipped.
http://www.cleanshopper.com/index.php?cPath=21
#14 of 17 Old 12-01-2007, 12:50 AM

I have one that has toys attached and its own buckle, it doesnt cover as much as I would like. I purchased it before I knew of this site/WAHMs that make them. Im considering getting rid of it and getting a WAHM one.
#15 of 17 Old 12-01-2007, 10:07 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I have a Buggy Bag that was around $50. It seems a bit steep but considering it has gotten used nearly every day since she could sit up, it was a pretty good investment. The KozyPal looks similar but seems to have a lot more fabrics to choose from.
#16 of 17 Old 12-01-2007, 11:07 AM

I never bothered with a cart cover. I don't wipe carts down either. I just stick my boy in and away we go.

Alicia DH Mike DS Gage Lola & Zeus Fishy Dishy, Charkey and Shark
RIP Sidney 1994-2010 RIP Charlie Brown 2008-2010
#17 of 17 Old 12-01-2007, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia622 View Post
I never bothered with a cart cover. I don't wipe carts down either. I just stick my boy in and away we go.
Me too... I'm not too weirded out by germs. Although I did feel kinda grossed out the few times I caught DD gumming the cart handle. GROSS!

Usually I'm quick enough to prevent that, though...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page