Forum Jump: 

#241 of 248 Old 11-17-2007, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyhalfmoon View Post
Shouldn't he be in love with his WIFE, not his stepdaughter? :
OMG! That's IT. That is what it feels like. It seems like he has a marriage with a kid, and not with his wife. She seems oblivious to it.
#242 of 248 Old 11-17-2007, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessy1019 View Post
And mom getting drunk early? Her kid was away for the weekend and it was her night off -- not going to judge her for that.
No, sadly, that didn't bother me. LOL.

I was a bit put off by the way she spoke to him though. Even if *I* hate the guy, it isn't appropriate to insult him like that in front of others. She wasn't at all nice to him. It is the type of behaviour you save for your own home behind closed doors.

Other than that, I actually really like her.
#243 of 248 Old 11-17-2007, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nextcommercial View Post
No, sadly, that didn't bother me. LOL.

I was a bit put off by the way she spoke to him though. Even if *I* hate the guy, it isn't appropriate to insult him like that in front of others. She wasn't at all nice to him. It is the type of behaviour you save for your own home behind closed doors.

Other than that, I actually really like her.
Are you SURE it wasn't joking? Others would and have thought that DP and I were being cruel to one another at various times, but that's just how we joke around. We sound serious, but we're not.

Proud Anti-Adoption, Atheist, Reproductive-Freedom Fighter Mama
Rylie is 7, Ronin is 3.5
#244 of 248 Old 11-17-2007, 10:51 PM

ugh, just read through the thread. the OP totally freaks me out & sets off warning bells. I'm so glad you're working towards some sort of relationship with this family- the family dynamic sounds very, um, off. I so hope nothing is happening to this child :
#245 of 248 Old 11-18-2007, 11:16 AM

I just found this thread today and read through *most* of it...especially the OP's updates.

I agree with a lot of people that she is basing her concern on more than just a *feeling* He's obviously made others uncomfortable with his behaviour so there has to be more to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
legally innocent yes, but even an investigation would make him suspected and the recipient of uncomfortable stares
who do you think will invite the 'suspected child abuser' to the next barbecue? or let their kid have a sleepover at him house?
I don't understand how an investigation would taint his reputation forever unless he plans to go barking around town about it. Otherwise no one would even know unless something comes to fruition from the investigation.

I also read a comment about how the OP could read a child as being uncomfortable without knowing her. The same way we all read emotions. That's why there are smileys depicting certain expressions and posters with faces and the emotions to match. People can be pretty easy to read whether you know them well or not.

I hope for the little girl's sake that they are just a bit high drama and maybe a little weird but I'd flip if someone touched my daughter like that. Husband or not, bio dad or not....a child's boundaries need to be respected without her having to beg for it.

Just my 2 cents worth.
#246 of 248 Old 11-18-2007, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessy1019 View Post
Are you SURE it wasn't joking? Others would and have thought that DP and I were being cruel to one another at various times, but that's just how we joke around. We sound serious, but we're not.
No. I am the most sarcastic and dry person I know. But, this was disrespect. We weren't a full block away when she told me that she set the kitchen in fire "but Dumba$$ wants to make the owner think he set it on fire". Which I agree with. What a stupid idea, since the owner would need to claim it on his insurance anyway. But, even if I think my husband is the worst person on earth on any given day... I would never disrespect him in front of others.
#247 of 248 Old 11-18-2007, 01:21 PM

Quote:
No. I am the most sarcastic and dry person I know. But, this was disrespect. We weren't a full block away when she told me that she set the kitchen in fire "but Dumba$$ wants to make the owner think he set it on fire". Which I agree with. What a stupid idea, since the owner would need to claim it on his insurance anyway. But, even if I think my husband is the worst person on earth on any given day... I would never disrespect him in front of others.
Eh, either would I.. but I've known many people who have no problems "telling it like it is" to others. Just a different way of being I suppose.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

#248 of 248 Old 11-18-2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Gotcha.

And agreed, it is a stupid thing to do.

Proud Anti-Adoption, Atheist, Reproductive-Freedom Fighter Mama
Rylie is 7, Ronin is 3.5

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page