Looking for Mommas with ADD/ADHD... - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#301 of 582 Old 11-18-2008, 03:47 AM
 
RubyFriday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Also I know a good homeopathic remedy for mastitis - not that I looked at the date on any of the previous posts, and I hope it's no longer needed.

Phytolacca decandra - helps alot, cost around $7 or so?
RubyFriday is offline  
#302 of 582 Old 11-18-2008, 11:17 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paradise
Posts: 8,134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have realized something...(first - thx for the lice reccomendation - our lice combs SUCK so we will be making a trip to the pet store today!!!)

So, I dont know if this has anything to do with adhd but I know why I never put anything away! At least a little bit why, I need to SEE everything. One time, at our old house, I had a set of 5 hooks and on it I stored a bunch of towels, extra clothes, wash cloths, etc. It worked FABULOUSLY.

I realized this last night when I saw a set of earplugs on the desk (which I am occasionally using to muffle noise that overstimulates me over here) and I thought "I should set up like a "mommy survival bulliten board" and hang those up on it. I never use the earplugs because in the midst of being overstimulated, I dont think about looking in a drawer.

Does anyone else have to see things to use them?

I have a rediculous memory. I'll ask my dh a question and instantly forget his answer. sometimes I ask the saame question in 10 minutes.

I think thats part of it.

Anyone? Anyone?
transformed is offline  
#303 of 582 Old 11-18-2008, 12:05 PM
 
mamabohl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Newport News, VA, USA
Posts: 1,322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
d'oh, I posted weeks ago and meant to come back and really introduce myself...but then I just kept procrastinating. I always seem to either post a one sentence answer that doesn't anywhere near convey my thoughts or I post a huge run-on one block paragraph that makes no sense and then I get all mad at myself and just delete it and don't post at all.

So anywas...I realized a year or two ago that I must have ADD...I have never been diagnosed. Reading through this thread has been great...some of the things that hit home -

procrastinating
daydreaming
disorganized
forgetful
clumsy
always late
(in high school I developeda really great system to combat lateness...but with kids it's so much harder. Every night before bed in high school I would make am mental list of everything I needed to do to get ready, then I would asign a time to each task. I'd add those numbers up, tack on an extra 15 minutes just in case, then subtract that from the time I needed to leave and the answer was my wake-up time. It's so much harder with kids because one day getting them dressed might take 5 minutes, another it might take 20, I can't anticipate if younger ds will pee his pants 5 minutes before we have to leave, I don't know what they'll want for breakfast, etc. Add to that that I'm not getting ready for the same thing every day, so there are different leaving times....sigh)
fidgety
I lose track of conversations right in the middle of them


I know there are more but I can't think of them now. Um let's see...my name is Genie, I've got two sons - Trevor (6.5) and Isaiah (4).

I got really upset a couple of days ago...I really need someone who can sympathize or something but I had no one to talk to. I was hoping I could share it here. I have to figure out how to make it not too confusing. Do you all every feel like that song "nobody likes me?" (the one about eating worms, lol) So about a month ago I went to a mom's night out with some moms from the AP group I'm a member of. It was a blast. At the MNO we talked about planning another similar one soon because we were working on Xmas crafts. So after a couple weeks no one had planned one so I started the planning. I got a lot of feedback and planned it on a weekend that a handful of people had said they could make. Once the actual event was planned no one rsvp'd. no one even replied to say they couldn't make it. Finally 4 days before the event I deleted it from the calendar. That wasn't so bad but then add it to this - two weeks ago I went to a relaxed homeschool co-op day that I had planned with a few of the same AP moms. My son (the 6 yo) hurt another child. He was playing and got too rough. He really hurt this other boy. I felt terrible, I talked to my son for a while. I apologized to the boy and his mom, and at the end of the playdate my son got over his embarrasment and apologized too. They had been playing together again by then so I thought feelings had been mended. Well the next co-op day was planned this week and both the mom of the hurt boy and I hadn't replied to the thread yet the day before the event. I had been going back and forth on wether to go. I finally decided I didn't want to try it, I still feel too self concious and worried about my son hurting the other boy. So finally that morning before I posted that we wouldn't be able to make it. Within an hour the other mom posts that she would go. I KNOW these could all be just coincidences etc...but I can't help but think that everyone hates me or finds me annoying or a bad mother or hates my son. So I just cried and cried. I haven't cried like that in a long time. I've been feeling more and more overwhelmed by life lately and I think that just tipped me over.

Ugh, there goes the whole run-on paragraph thing. Sorry. Previously I had never considered getting diagnosed...but now I'm starting to feel like I can't do this anymore, like maybe I should go on meds and get counceling just so I can get enough control to start trying out all the other natural things. I keep reading and reading all these ideas but I just can't impliment them...I have a hard enough time doing the laundry how am I going to take 80 different supplements and cut out foods and eat other foods and get excersize and try this and that.

So sorry to come in and unload all that here. I don't have any friends to talk to.

One last thing I wanted to say, lol. I've been reading The ADD Nutrition Solution and 12 Effective Ways to Help Your ADD/ADHD Child. I've found some interesting stuf in both of them. I'm not sure what to believe in the nutrition one...the author really pushes soy and since I don't think processed soy is healthy at all and I only think traditionally fermented soy is healthy in small quantities (and because both I and my son had soy intolerances as babies) I am learyof trusting anything else she says. There was something really interesting in the 12 ways... book. One chapter talked about incorrect crawling. Has anyone else ever read anything about that? Itwassaying that people who crawled the wrong way or in the wrong order or not for long enough can have some sort of reflex that's not as developed as it's supposed to be (I'm explaining this all wrong, lol...but it's like the startle reflex that babies have...that goes away when it's not needed anymore and so doesthe crawling one...expect when the child doesn't crawl right). Anyways the book was saying that this can affect coordination and attention span and all this stuff. It says that there are these simple crawling excersizes that can be done to cure this problem...they are explained in a book called Stopping Hyperactivity. I found this very interesting because I didthe army crawl, no regular crawl, and my older ds walked 2 weeks before crawling, he crawled with one foot and one knee instead of two knees, and he didn't crawl very long. I'm going to get the book and try the excersizes...they couldn't hurt, right?


ug, I'm sure this is all confusing and there are tons of typos and spelling errors, sorry!

Genie, mama to T (4/02), I (10/04) and T (7/09)
 
 
 

mamabohl is offline  
#304 of 582 Old 11-18-2008, 12:38 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paradise
Posts: 8,134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi mama! I've been eating candy this morning. :
transformed is offline  
#305 of 582 Old 11-18-2008, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter
 
heidirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: adrift in a basket...
Posts: 2,728
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by studentmama View Post
Got some more fish oil yesterday. Lets hope I can remember it everyday now. I can't put it in a weekly pill thing because it's not in pill form. Maybe I need to try and make it routine, like when I have my morning coffee.
For this exact reason I got the orange flavored soft chews from GNC- no nasty fish taste, and it's portable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by transformed View Post
I wasted a whole chicken that I cooked all night in the clow cooker and took out to cool and then forgot about.

And Left my laundry in the shared dryer all day so I hope no one hates me at my apartment. LOL.

:

:

:
Oh, I hate wasting food! It happens all the time, though. . . I did manage to use up the entire beef roast I made last week. I ate several lunches out of it, DH made sandwiches for his lunch, and half of it went into a beef lentil stew that is GONE! Probably set a record for only roast ever entirely consumed in the K household!


I too am a member of the 'if I can't see it it doens't exist' club. Which is why, when we clean, I'm constantly saying, "oh, I forgot I HAD this!" and DH is laughing at me. . . Totallyu makes sense!



Quote:
Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post
I got a bit done today. More than I thought.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggirayne View Post
Wow, you didn't notice? I love my sugar. And milk. And a dash of coffee.

Aww, snuggly is so nice!

Take lecithin, like 3 a day.

Oh yeah, Transformed, I second, er, is it third, on the shaving the heads. Unless, is it mayonnaise that you coat it with and saran wrap overnight? I'll ask my friend in the am. At least you can comb your hair, but I suppose you can't see your head.

It was my B-day. And I managed to shower. :P Oh yeah, and fed us both. If DH is gone, I miss meals. And now Elisabeth is big enough to eat, gah. I like nursing. You don't have to cook. Well, sorta.

: Happy birthday!!! : Glad you got a shower and dinner! I go over to a friend's house for dinner some nights, because her DH works late, and she lives just up the street.

No- I didn't notice! Ehrg whatever. . . I am already taking lecithin 3x a day! I was taking it as a preventative! I;m also taking poke root, which is safe while BF'ing, but says it can irritate your stomach if you take too much. I think it might have been irritating Milo's stomach, because he was really fussyyesterday and this morning. It is definately inflammed, hot, tender, but Milo seems to be draining it pretty well. IDK, I just get it so easily, and it doens't make any sense, b/c I eat live culture yogurt every day! I'd give my right arm for a hot bath, but the drain on my tub is broken. oh, and I'm pretty sure I was running a fever yesterday, b/c I was hot andthe boys were cold, and I don't feel that way this morning! Bleh.


I was thinking, transformed, what about mustard powder? If you made a paste with it, would it kill the nits? And you can bag up stuff, and as long as it's airtight, I think it should kill them, too. Glad your mom is comeing to rescue you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyFriday View Post
Also I know a good homeopathic remedy for mastitis - not that I looked at the date on any of the previous posts, and I hope it's no longer needed.

Phytolacca decandra - helps alot, cost around $7 or so?
If I can't get this under control, I will look for that- qt this point, if I get mastitis, I'm going to get depressed, too. I'm too close to it as is. . .


OK- that's my update. . . off to read the new people posts!

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
heidirk is offline  
#306 of 582 Old 11-18-2008, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter
 
heidirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: adrift in a basket...
Posts: 2,728
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ruby Friday- hi welcome to our world! totally got the joke, btw!


mamabohl- don't erase those posts! those are the most fun to read!

first, I'v btdt. still happens, the 'does everyone hate me?' thing. and I don't know if it's paranoia or not- but many things i've read about add talk about our intuition, so maybe we're right?

and the suppluments thing- it took years for most of us to develop our routines- don't stress! I agree about soy- btw.

the crawling thing- I've read that before, something about crawling organizes the brain. I walked before I crawled, but i think it's because my mom had mein a wheely walker thing from a very early age- and I even whent down the stairs in it! DS1 army crawled, and then regular crawled, and thwen walked on his hands and tiptoes. I called it his spidermonkey walk.


ok- off to ralax a bit! NAK

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
heidirk is offline  
#307 of 582 Old 11-18-2008, 03:05 PM
 
Maggirayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: in that bright land
Posts: 1,491
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by transformed View Post
Does anyone else have to see things to use them?

I have a rediculous memory. I'll ask my dh a question and instantly forget his answer. sometimes I ask the saame question in 10 minutes.
I try to see everything, But I've got too much stuff.

I do the same thing to my husband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabohl View Post
So anywas...I realized a year or two ago that I must have ADD...I have never been diagnosed. Reading through this thread has been great...some of the things that hit home -

procrastinating
daydreaming
disorganized
forgetful
clumsy
always late
(in high school I developeda really great system to combat lateness...but with kids it's so much harder. Every night before bed in high school I would make am mental list of everything I needed to do to get ready, then I would asign a time to each task. I'd add those numbers up, tack on an extra 15 minutes just in case, then subtract that from the time I needed to leave and the answer was my wake-up time. It's so much harder with kids because one day getting them dressed might take 5 minutes, another it might take 20, I can't anticipate if younger ds will pee his pants 5 minutes before we have to leave, I don't know what they'll want for breakfast, etc. Add to that that I'm not getting ready for the same thing every day, so there are different leaving times....sigh)
fidgety
I lose track of conversations right in the middle of them


I know there are more but I can't think of them now. Um let's see...my name is Genie, I've got two sons - Trevor (6.5) and Isaiah (4).

I got really upset a couple of days ago...I really need someone who can sympathize or something but I had no one to talk to. I was hoping I could share it here. I have to figure out how to make it not too confusing. Do you all every feel like that song "nobody likes me?" (the one about eating worms, lol) So about a month ago I went to a mom's night out with some moms from the AP group I'm a member of. It was a blast. At the MNO we talked about planning another similar one soon because we were working on Xmas crafts. So after a couple weeks no one had planned one so I started the planning. I got a lot of feedback and planned it on a weekend that a handful of people had said they could make. Once the actual event was planned no one rsvp'd. no one even replied to say they couldn't make it. Finally 4 days before the event I deleted it from the calendar. That wasn't so bad but then add it to this - two weeks ago I went to a relaxed homeschool co-op day that I had planned with a few of the same AP moms. My son (the 6 yo) hurt another child. He was playing and got too rough. He really hurt this other boy. I felt terrible, I talked to my son for a while. I apologized to the boy and his mom, and at the end of the playdate my son got over his embarrasment and apologized too. They had been playing together again by then so I thought feelings had been mended. Well the next co-op day was planned this week and both the mom of the hurt boy and I hadn't replied to the thread yet the day before the event. I had been going back and forth on wether to go. I finally decided I didn't want to try it, I still feel too self concious and worried about my son hurting the other boy. So finally that morning before I posted that we wouldn't be able to make it. Within an hour the other mom posts that she would go. I KNOW these could all be just coincidences etc...but I can't help but think that everyone hates me or finds me annoying or a bad mother or hates my son. So I just cried and cried. I haven't cried like that in a long time. I've been feeling more and more overwhelmed by life lately and I think that just tipped me over.

Ugh, there goes the whole run-on paragraph thing. Sorry. Previously I had never considered getting diagnosed...but now I'm starting to feel like I can't do this anymore, like maybe I should go on meds and get counceling just so I can get enough control to start trying out all the other natural things. I keep reading and reading all these ideas but I just can't impliment them...I have a hard enough time doing the laundry how am I going to take 80 different supplements and cut out foods and eat other foods and get excersize and try this and that.

So sorry to come in and unload all that here. I don't have any friends to talk to.
Hey, novels and run-on paragraphs are welcome here!
This, the bolded is why we're here!

Start with one thing. I get too many things I want to do and I just say, "Ok, I'm gonna eat." And do it. I'm glad if I get one load of laundry in the wash, then in the dryer the next, or the dishwasher unloaded or loaded, they are separate tasks. It's easier for me to break things up in to smaller bits. and information overload, pick out one organizing thing that sounds like it fits you and implement it. Like the FlyLady says, we have to build habits. I don't do any of her stuff, tho'.

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
Maggirayne is offline  
#308 of 582 Old 11-18-2008, 03:11 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paradise
Posts: 8,134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
any success on flylady?
transformed is offline  
#309 of 582 Old 11-18-2008, 03:34 PM
 
Maggirayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: in that bright land
Posts: 1,491
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidirk View Post
For this exact reason I got the orange flavored soft chews from GNC- no nasty fish taste, and it's portable.

Probably set a record for only roast ever entirely consumed in the K household!

I too am a member of the 'if I can't see it it doens't exist' club. Which is why, when we clean, I'm constantly saying, "oh, I forgot I HAD this!" and DH is laughing at me. . . Totallyu makes sense!
It is fun cleaning and finding stuff you forgot you had!

Hmm, I should check that fish oil out! We got oh, I'll look at them, from Walmart, and I don't burp them. ETA: Rexall Omega-3 Fish Oil mercury free.

Yay! I love using up all of leftovers. I made salmon cakes, I love them and forgot some last week. Grr.

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
Maggirayne is offline  
#310 of 582 Old 11-18-2008, 03:52 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paradise
Posts: 8,134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ahh!

My 11 mo old puked all over herself in the carseat this morning. As we were heading out for a big day of fun at the pet store, dollar store, and a park.

So we are home now, my 6 yr old is PISSED.

And I dont want anyone to puke anymore~!!!@!!!!

Oh and my dh called from work, he is sick too.

I am going to go eat worms.

transformed is offline  
#311 of 582 Old 11-18-2008, 04:19 PM
 
Maggirayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: in that bright land
Posts: 1,491
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ohhh no. Oh man. I am sorry. Is your DH coming home?

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
Maggirayne is offline  
#312 of 582 Old 11-18-2008, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter
 
heidirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: adrift in a basket...
Posts: 2,728
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by transformed View Post
ahh!

My 11 mo old puked all over herself in the carseat this morning. As we were heading out for a big day of fun at the pet store, dollar store, and a park.

So we are home now, my 6 yr old is PISSED.

And I dont want anyone to puke anymore~!!!@!!!!

Oh and my dh called from work, he is sick too.

I am going to go eat worms.

Oh no!!

I'm glad you were laughing at the end, though, what else can you do? YK?



AAM- Go ME!!! I sang my older ds to sleep IN his bed, while simultaneously rocking my tiny ds to sleep!!!! !!!!!!

Then tiny one woke up, nursed, and fell back to sleep Veeerryyyy slooowwwwllllyyyyyy.....

Then just as I was heating up my (nasty canned beef stew) lunch, DS1 wakes up. Put him back down. AM now eating lunch. Whew. :

Still have not made it to the grocery store. Was going to go yesterday.


I am the victim of my own inertia. Hmph.

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
heidirk is offline  
#313 of 582 Old 11-18-2008, 06:55 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paradise
Posts: 8,134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So...


What things do you need in stock if there are 5 people in your house puking.

I am still well but I thought I should check my stock and do a grocery trip. Just in case.

My dh HAS to have "campbells condensed soup with a half a can of water."

But in reality, what do I need around the house?

I have dug out all of the small towels/large towels/blankets, etc. from my laundry mountain.

On my list so far:
Quote:
flowers.
citrus like lemons/oranges
campbels soup. chicken noodle. condensed. :
transformed is offline  
#314 of 582 Old 11-18-2008, 08:26 PM
 
smeisnotapirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jerusalem, Israel
Posts: 5,852
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Maybe something soothing in the air, like cinnamon or lavender EO simmering on the stove?

I'm on a cooking craze. We have our Friends' Thanksgiving this weekend, and I'm totally inspired. Thinking about going to the supermarket even though it's getting late, because I don't want to lose this motivation.

Cooking, cooking! Heidi, want anything??


Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

 

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

smeisnotapirate is offline  
#315 of 582 Old 11-18-2008, 11:22 PM
 
Maggirayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: in that bright land
Posts: 1,491
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh man, I'm sorry, transgormed. Maybe gatorade or something to replace electrolytes? Jello? And I always do my chkn noodle soup with only half a can of water.

Sara, I would like breakfast, lunch and dinner tomorrow. Just kidding!

We looked at a house and went grocery shopping. I debated getting 2 gallons of milk. We drank about a third of the one gallon as soon we got home. I got King Vitaman cereal. Ah, childhood memories!

I was going to make deer stew, but decided to fry the potatoes with the meat. Got them fairly crispy and fried eggs to go with them. So now I got carrots and leeks cut up for something. Maybe I'll make stew with it all tomorrow, fried potatoes don't warm up too great.

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
Maggirayne is offline  
#316 of 582 Old 11-19-2008, 03:03 AM
 
smeisnotapirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jerusalem, Israel
Posts: 5,852
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The final count:

2 loaves of zucchini bread (one loaf as muffins)
5 meals (2 servings each) of pumpkin soup
5 meals (2 servings each) of corn and sweet potato chowder
2 pie crusts
1.5 gallons of fresh, homemade vegetable stock

a clean kitchen :

When this load of dishes finishes, I have one more load to start and I'll be done. It took 5 loads of dishes, but it'll be over.

I think it's time for me to retire to bed. I'm beginning to like this Suzy Homemaker stuff.

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

 

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

smeisnotapirate is offline  
#317 of 582 Old 11-19-2008, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter
 
heidirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: adrift in a basket...
Posts: 2,728
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow, smee! You sure did accomplish a lot! You can save me a zuchinni muffin for DH! 3:30 AM?? : Not me, not me. . .


maggirayne- Put the ptoatoes in the pan and brown them, then add your meat, and more eggs, some onions and peppers. . . oh boy, am I hungry!
oh that's waht you did do! Teehee. . . well, I personally would eat it reheated, but that's me! :
I love leeks too!

transformed- Here's my sick people chicken soup-
Chicken stock- real, bone stock if you have it
Chunks of thigh meat
rice
ginger root
mustard powder
cumin
fresh garlic
celery

peel the ginger root, and crush it as best you can, but leave it in one peice so you can take it out later. Heat it with the chicken stock, adding rice, chicken, spices, celery, and fresh garlic. If you don't have a garlic press, minceit or cruch it as thouroughly as possible. Cook until rice is done.

The ginger and the garlic taste good and it's good for fevers, nausea,sore throats, etc.

Lavendar and peppermint are good to diffuse in the air. In the olden days they'd burn sage in hospitals, but knowing me, I'd start a fire trying that, so stick with EO's!


AAM- I'm making chili today! I need to go to the grocery store- but it was 20 degrees out this morning, so I thought I'd wait until it warmed up a bit, then I started posting pics on facebook- which I just joined. . . . I 'll have to get moving here sooner or later, I guess!

I need to go find the bunting for Milo, and dress myself and Henry, I guess.

Yesterday when DH came home, Henry was still in his PJ's. :

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
heidirk is offline  
#318 of 582 Old 11-19-2008, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter
 
heidirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: adrift in a basket...
Posts: 2,728
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
here- I forgot. . .

http://www.facebook.com/wall.php?id=...06017&ref=name

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
heidirk is offline  
#319 of 582 Old 11-19-2008, 11:29 PM
 
Maggirayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: in that bright land
Posts: 1,491
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Heh, half the time I wear sweats all the time. I love yoga pants.

The potatoes aren't so bad warmed up. We ate at this neat restaurant, www.riversidecafe.us I got Moroccan chicken and Mediterrean quinoa salad and a baked sweet potato. DH got a Chicken Pesto pizza but they didn't bake it long enough and the crust was soggy. He wasn't impressed. I am full, er, was before we went to the library. I should eat and shower, but I want to grumble a little. Hah.

I've got two books 'lost'. Well one is, but the other I am quite sure it was in the bag of books I returned, but it isn't shelved. I've checked the car several times.

And i've got a situation where I've got some responsibility, and I am a bit slack, but I feel picked on by someone who's aware but not directly involved and it just feels passive-aggressive; it's not big, but it's annoying. It's not even anything I can even address. Sigh.

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
Maggirayne is offline  
#320 of 582 Old 11-19-2008, 11:59 PM
 
Maggirayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: in that bright land
Posts: 1,491
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Heh, half the time I wear sweats all the time. I love yoga pants.

The potatoes aren't so bad warmed up. We ate at this neat restaurant, www.riversidecafe.us I got Moroccan chicken and Mediterrean quinoa salad and a baked sweet potato. DH got a Chicken Pesto pizza but they didn't bake it long enough and the crust was soggy. He wasn't impressed. I am full, er, was before we went to the library. I should eat and shower, but I want to grumble a little. Hah.

I've got two books 'lost'. Well one is, but the other I am quite sure it was in the bag of books I returned, but it isn't shelved. I've checked the car several times.

And i've got a situation where I've got some responsibility, and I am a bit slack, but I feel picked on by someone who's aware but not directly involved and it just feels passive-aggressive; it's not big, but it's annoying. It's not even anything I can even address. Sigh.

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
Maggirayne is offline  
#321 of 582 Old 11-20-2008, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter
 
heidirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: adrift in a basket...
Posts: 2,728
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
why is it not something you canm address?


re- the library book- that happened to me, and I wentto the children's librarianm, and explained the sitch, and she agreed to look for the book! i tiold her it was possible i'd lost it. but could she humor me. . . she found it! :

i was glad I stuck up for myself!

nak

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
heidirk is offline  
#322 of 582 Old 11-20-2008, 12:20 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paradise
Posts: 8,134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidirk View Post

nak
heh. no kidding.


Hi ladies!
transformed is offline  
#323 of 582 Old 11-20-2008, 04:21 PM
 
smeisnotapirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Jerusalem, Israel
Posts: 5,852
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)


DS has been really really fussy since I started giving him rice cereal Monday night. I didn't even give him that much, and I have no idea if it's related, but it feels like I can't get anything done. He won't sleep longer than 20 minutes.

:

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

 

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

smeisnotapirate is offline  
#324 of 582 Old 11-20-2008, 05:33 PM
 
flminivanmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 7,090
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hi mamas : I found you through a link in another thread I may or may not go back and read the previous 300 or so posts LOL

I am Andrea - I have ADHD and I have 3 boys, 1 with ADHD, one with ADD, and one with autism. so, um, our hose is a little chaotic & not a lot ever gets accomplished

I love to cook with I see from this page, I am not alone...

I mostly have things under control now, as an adult... but since I had kids I find that slipping away a lot. I make tons and tons of lists because otherwise - forget it - I'd never remember it.

My two boys are on ritalin athough they don't eat much and it doesn't last through out the day... so we may experiment with something else soon.

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

flminivanmama is offline  
#325 of 582 Old 11-20-2008, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter
 
heidirk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: adrift in a basket...
Posts: 2,728
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by transformed View Post
heh. no kidding.


Hi ladies!
What was your first clue?

And how do you know I'm not just having a reallllyy uncoordinated day? :

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post


DS has been really really fussy since I started giving him rice cereal Monday night. I didn't even give him that much, and I have no idea if it's related, but it feels like I can't get anything done. He won't sleep longer than 20 minutes.

:
Hey, girly, if you're giving him the instant stuff, it has wheat starch in it, among otherthings. Check the ingredients, and I'll show you how to make the rice porridge I made for DS1.

hope your day gets better!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flminivanmama View Post
hi mamas : I found you through a link in another thread I may or may not go back and read the previous 300 or so posts LOL

I am Andrea - I have ADHD and I have 3 boys, 1 with ADHD, one with ADD, and one with autism. so, um, our hose is a little chaotic & not a lot ever gets accomplished

I love to cook with I see from this page, I am not alone...

I mostly have things under control now, as an adult... but since I had kids I find that slipping away a lot. I make tons and tons of lists because otherwise - forget it - I'd never remember it.

My two boys are on ritalin athough they don't eat much and it doesn't last through out the day... so we may experiment with something else soon.


Haha! see it pays for me to lurk on other threads! Welcome!

let us know how it goes with your boys. . . couldn't tolerate ritalin myself. . .

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
heidirk is offline  
#326 of 582 Old 11-20-2008, 07:58 PM
 
flminivanmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 7,090
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thanks Heidi - I almost pressed the back button too LOL. actually I did & it was bugging me so I reopened it & replied.... which I almost NEVER do.

yeah they have been on ritalin for a few years but one of my boys is complaining of stomach aches and no appetite. when it wears off at night and in the morning when he gets up though he eats A LOT....

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

flminivanmama is offline  
#327 of 582 Old 11-20-2008, 08:32 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Paradise
Posts: 8,134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have had 3 kids in 5 years (actually there was a child before my 6 yr old, a girl who is 8 and was adopted by a family)

and my brain no longer works. I cannot coordinate all of the constant actiion that comes with kids.

I kind of wonder if the psych will offer me drugs like ritilan. I have no idea what I would say to that.
transformed is offline  
#328 of 582 Old 11-21-2008, 02:16 AM
 
~Boudicca~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,721
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flminivanmama View Post
hi mamas : I found you through a link in another thread I may or may not go back and read the previous 300 or so posts LOL

I am Andrea - I have ADHD and I have 3 boys, 1 with ADHD, one with ADD, and one with autism. so, um, our hose is a little chaotic & not a lot ever gets accomplished

I love to cook with I see from this page, I am not alone...

I mostly have things under control now, as an adult... but since I had kids I find that slipping away a lot. I make tons and tons of lists because otherwise - forget it - I'd never remember it.

My two boys are on ritalin athough they don't eat much and it doesn't last through out the day... so we may experiment with something else soon.
~Boudicca~ is offline  
#329 of 582 Old 11-21-2008, 02:18 AM
 
~Boudicca~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,721
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by transformed View Post
I have had 3 kids in 5 years (actually there was a child before my 6 yr old, a girl who is 8 and was adopted by a family)

and my brain no longer works. I cannot coordinate all of the constant actiion that comes with kids.

I kind of wonder if the psych will offer me drugs like ritilan. I have no idea what I would say to that.
I can sympathize. My kids derail what little direction I had (have?).

I wonder what Ritilan would be like. It makes me think of an old Desperate Housewives episode where Lynette takes some Ritalin so she can get things done and spends her time in ridiculous hyperfocus, just banging out housework and projects.

So, so tempting...
~Boudicca~ is offline  
#330 of 582 Old 11-21-2008, 10:33 AM
 
mamabohl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Newport News, VA, USA
Posts: 1,322
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by heidirk View Post
Oh, I hate wasting food! It happens all the time, though. . . I did manage to use up the entire beef roast I made last week. I ate several lunches out of it, DH made sandwiches for his lunch, and half of it went into a beef lentil stew that is GONE! Probably set a record for only roast ever entirely consumed in the K household!
ug I do this too. I make this chipotle chili that my hubby loves and one time after only two bowls had been eaten I just left the pot out all night and had to throw it all away the next morning.


Quote:
Originally Posted by heidirk View Post
I too am a member of the 'if I can't see it it doens't exist' club. Which is why, when we clean, I'm constantly saying, "oh, I forgot I HAD this!" and DH is laughing at me. . . Totallyu makes sense!
me too! I love it when I find money I had put away "so I wouldn't lose it" lol.



Quote:
Originally Posted by heidirk View Post


mamabohl- don't erase those posts! those are the most fun to read!

first, I'v btdt. still happens, the 'does everyone hate me?' thing. and I don't know if it's paranoia or not- but many things i've read about add talk about our intuition, so maybe we're right?

and the suppluments thing- it took years for most of us to develop our routines- don't stress! I agree about soy- btw.

the crawling thing- I've read that before, something about crawling organizes the brain. I walked before I crawled, but i think it's because my mom had mein a wheely walker thing from a very early age- and I even whent down the stairs in it! DS1 army crawled, and then regular crawled, and thwen walked on his hands and tiptoes. I called it his spidermonkey walk.


ok- off to ralax a bit! NAK
Yeah, I feel like I have a good intuition...but then other times I take things way too personally...

As far as the supplement thing - in addition to not knowing what to take (and not being able to remember to take stuff every day) I also don't know what kind to buy! How do you know what the best form of a vit or supp is? I don't want to just grab bottles from the grocery store cuz I'm sure they're all synthetic, but researching seems to overwhelming, lol.

I ordered the Stopping Hyperactivity book from paperbackswap (yay for free books!) and I'm really hopeful that that will help my ds and me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by transformed View Post
any success on flylady?
I did great with flylady when I was pregnant with my second ds (when I'm pregnant though I tend to nest for a large portion of the pregnancy - I love it!) but once he was born everything crashed cuz all he did was cry and I had to hold him non stop. I've tried to start again a couple times but I don't like the way it's set up. It starts out too slow when I'm all hyped up and then things start coming to fast for me to keep up with them. Plus having to go online to check the emails means I get distracted and check other stuff for "just a few minutes" . I need lists and I need to be able to see them...I really want a huge 1 week white board calendar thing with big squaresfor each day so I can write menus, to do lists and activities all in each days square. Anybody know where I could find something like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by transformed View Post
ahh!

My 11 mo old puked all over herself in the carseat this morning. As we were heading out for a big day of fun at the pet store, dollar store, and a park.

So we are home now, my 6 yr old is PISSED.

And I dont want anyone to puke anymore~!!!@!!!!

Oh and my dh called from work, he is sick too.

I am going to go eat worms.

Oh no! How's everyone feeling now? I always like lots of garlic and herbal teas when we're sick...not sure what to do about pukeys though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggirayne View Post

I've got two books 'lost'. Well one is, but the other I am quite sure it was in the bag of books I returned, but it isn't shelved. I've checked the car several times.

And i've got a situation where I've got some responsibility, and I am a bit slack, but I feel picked on by someone who's aware but not directly involved and it just feels passive-aggressive; it's not big, but it's annoying. It's not even anything I can even address. Sigh.
ug, hope you find the books. I don't know how I've never lost a library book yet. I've had quite a few late fees but nothing compared to my mom - she told me they don't go to the library anymore cuz once they had $200 in late fees!! And I thought $4 wa a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post


DS has been really really fussy since I started giving him rice cereal Monday night. I didn't even give him that much, and I have no idea if it's related, but it feels like I can't get anything done. He won't sleep longer than 20 minutes.

:
You know I've read a lot about grains being the hardest thing to digest for humans...maybe veggies or fruit would be better tolerated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flminivanmama View Post
hi mamas : I found you through a link in another thread I may or may not go back and read the previous 300 or so posts LOL

I am Andrea - I have ADHD and I have 3 boys, 1 with ADHD, one with ADD, and one with autism. so, um, our hose is a little chaotic & not a lot ever gets accomplished

I love to cook with I see from this page, I am not alone...

I mostly have things under control now, as an adult... but since I had kids I find that slipping away a lot. I make tons and tons of lists because otherwise - forget it - I'd never remember it.

My two boys are on ritalin athough they don't eat much and it doesn't last through out the day... so we may experiment with something else soon.
LOL, sounds like a busy house! One of my brothers has aspergers and of the other three (yes I have 4 brothers...5 actually but one is only my brother by blood - my mom was a surrogate mother for a friend) two have OCD-like behaviors and the other was seems ADD (or ADHD I dunno) to me. And my mom is totally OCD.

AndI know what you're saying about things slipping away with kids, that's totally the way I feel.


Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydee View Post
I can sympathize. My kids derail what little direction I had (have?).

I wonder what Ritilan would be like. It makes me think of an old Desperate Housewives episode where Lynette takes some Ritalin so she can get things done and spends her time in ridiculous hyperfocus, just banging out housework and projects.

So, so tempting...
hm, that does sound tempting...it's like when I was pregnant and nesting and I drank a pepsi (oops)...woah I was nuts.

Genie, mama to T (4/02), I (10/04) and T (7/09)
 
 
 

mamabohl is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off