Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today I need to

finish laundry
Put together dinner
clean our room
vacuum--done
mop--done
put college stuff in order so things don't look like a hurricane hit it.
Do the kitchen counters and the sink

I'm having the nervous nelly moments about dealing w/the NP tomorrow, especially early in the AM. (I'm not human before I've had at least 2 cups of coffee in me.)

But it is what it is.

Off to actually be productive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2009, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
good luck with your apt today KurumiSophia.

I got everything done yesterday except picking up the toy room.
Today we're going to the Living Museum with our AP playgroup, so i need to get ready soon.

Genie, mama to T (4/02), I (10/04) and T (7/09)

Old 01-09-2009, 11:40 AM

I have to make sure I have everything I need for Sunday school & I keep putting off actually sitting down and looking at it all together. (I teach 6th grade and a new semester is starting this sunday and I am just repeating the class I taught last semester with a new group - so I need to make sure I have everything in order - my lesson is already planned....)

I'm Andrea - I have three boys - 12 year old twins & an 11 year old

Old 01-09-2009, 12:50 PM

Hi All :

I was diagnosed with ADHD in my early 20's and had a lot of problems in high school and college. I tested out at "gifted" so everyone seemed to think that I wasn't trying hard enough, and after a while I did stop "trying" and was content to just get through and not do my best in high school. My "academic" self-esteem really took a beating. College was a little better (but not much) and now that I am in grad school I'm doing okay but still really fight some maladaptive behaviors (really bad with procrastinating, have a lot of confidence issues related to school). I will be so happy when I graduate

I took meds early on (about 10 years ago). The only thing that ever worked was Dexedrine and a therapeutic dose allowed me to think clearly, be motivated and get things done. But it also made me jittery, somewhat temporarily OCD (lol) and made me feel as if I had been run over by a truck when it wore off. So in college I only took it when I felt I absolutely had to (finals and when I had papers due...lol) and in grad school I have managed without it, probably just because the subject matter is more easily absorbed for me b/c I have more interest in it.

DH is also ADHD so we have a lot of empathy for each other.

I also have clinical depression (which I do take meds for) and can relate to what some others have posted about bad housekeeping. And I could have written the following post right down to the clinical social worker part...how interesting! I will be PMing you LOL I didn't know I had a long-lost twin

I have trouble maintaining female relationships too and often choose to not have people over to my house because of "the laundry on the couch" I do have some really good friends, but anyone who stays in my life for any length of time is the type of person who does not take it personally when I don't call them on their b-day or talk to them for a couple of months. Between being an attentive Mom, school and internship (plus doing the obligatory laundry and dishes daily to keep SOME of the chaos in my house away) I often feel like I don't have any energy left for a social life anyway LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialworkmamma View Post
Yeah, I'm totally here. Classic tale of people-pleasing girl with ADD who learned to cope, sort of. Since I was not running around, teachers would never think there was a problem, I just daydreamed a lot. Thankfully,(I guess), smart enough to compensate. Also I had older, AP parents who loved and accepted me as is, and then a great supportive DH who does the same. I've never been medicated and at this point in time don't think I ever will be. I'm a clinical social worker and have been given several scales, which all say I have ADD. I think the part that bugs me the most is feeling such a disconnect from other women. It's hard for me to maintain friendships, I just don't really have the ability to organize my time to allow for working part-time and being the kind of Mom I am and then adding female friendship into the mix. I also think part of it is the part of the country I live in seems to have female friendship revolve around activities I don't think of as ADD friendly, if that makes sense. I tried to scrapbook, and would still like to, but by the time I would find what I wanted, my time for it was past. Also I would hyperfocus on something, time would pass and nothing would be done. I also think lots of women are not real cool with coming to a house where there is laundry on the couch and lots of unfinished projects. Then again maybe it's my own "shame" issue with feeling like I don't measure up in the "womanly" arts of housekeeping, etc. None of this is stuff my DH puts on me, it's how I feel about myself. Being a mother has been very healing for me on many levels. I feel like I'm a really, sensitive, loving and nurturing mother, so therfore I must be a "good woman".
Yeah, this tended to ramble, imagine that, but would love to hear from other's on how the condition impacts their self-esteem in today's society with all the expectations of looking great, being organized, a perfect mother, lots of friends, a hot lover, and on and on.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:46 PM

The appointment went ok, better than I expected. She switched me to Adderal xr (holy crap sticker shock!) Apparently though the policy of the office is changing. If I can't come up with some documentation that shows my dx of ADHD, they won't medicate me anymore since I'm functioning (sorta). :

So today in addition to today's todo list, I get to scour the garage for the paperwork from VocRehab showing my dx. Awesome

On tap for today:

Unload/Reload dishwasher
laundry
work on room
Get records showing ADD dx
Vacuum and carpet clean after DH sands down the mud repairs
Sweep
Mop
Clean Bathroom.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

What I'd like to know is what their definition of 'functional' is? I mean, yes, noone in my house would die of anything becaus of the mess, but I wouldn't want any less than a week's notice if CPS was to come visit, either. and not necessarily because of what they might find, but because of what I percieve their standards to be (ie: sparkles) and what they might think. It's hard for me to know if I'm functioning or not, because I feel at times like I'm immersed in Chaos inside and out.

I've actually had a few people over lately, and now I'm watching a small baby (my tiny one's age) and I'm careful to keep the first floor, at least, in order. But I couldn't do it at all, if DH didn't do the dishes, help with the laundry, and do Dad duty after dinner so I can rest.

I'm starting to have stomachaches, too, and I'm sure it's stress related. And soon, I'll have Church responsibilities starting up again, and I have no idea how I'll cope. So am I functioning? BARELY.

This Weekend's MUST do List:
Vacuum 4 rooms
Wash kitchen and bathroom floors
get ahead of the laundry
plan and teach Sunday School

This weekend's WISH list:
Go out for Chinese with DH, sans at least the 2 yo!
work on pottying w/said 2yo
take down Christmas tree, and get everything put away
Search Attic for next size clothes for baby, and sort and put away too small stuff.

I venture to say that a 'normal' could probably conquer both lists.

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
Old 01-09-2009, 10:57 PM

[QUOTE=heidirk;12953651]What I'd like to know is what their definition of 'functional' is? I mean, yes, noone in my house would die of anything becaus of the mess, but I wouldn't want any less than a week's notice if CPS was to come visit, either.
QUOTE]

I wonder the same thing.....My mom tells me (and others) that I'm not functional but i do get by....the laundry is always piled up, the bathroom is a mess probably 60% o the time, and i'm always barely on time for work in the morning. So...is that functional? And, in response to what the other poster said about this, I'd personally be afraid to show a dx saying I wasn't functional withou meds.....I'd be afraid of CPS or something interfering in my life, or saying i wasn't able to provide a proper home for my ds.

Very blessed mama to one bouncin' boy bouncy.gif (12/07) one angel3.gif who didn't get to stay (6/09), one potty learning, mess making divaenergy.gif(4/10), and one cheerful milk monster. aabfwoman.gif (12/11) Happy partner to the love of my lifedp_malesling.GIF.  

Old 01-09-2009, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurumiSophia View Post
She's not disabled but she does work from home doing database management and programming for a mortgage company. (Stuff that flies way the heck over my head.) So it's been my job of sorts to keep up on the housework, which I'm really freakin' bad at.

The vacuuming and dusting is actually really needed since MIL is severely asthmatic and highly allergic to dust. (It's the whole breathing thing we like, yanno?)
Um, what did she do before she had a live-in house cleaner? Doesn't she do some work? I'm of the thought that raising kids and cooking alone are a full time and husbands sshould share the responsibility of keeping house and changing diapers and other taking care of children. I've been telling my DH that once we have #2, DD is going to be his nighttime responsibility

Quote:
Yes, we live w/MIL (It was either that or a ghetto. We chose MIL)
Ugh, I love my MIL, but I don't think I'd want to live with her. And we spend most weekends there, but living with someone is different.

I've seen it, posted in it 1x and sorta forgot about it. (where's the sheepish smiley when I need it?) It's kinda frustrating for her to tell me that she thinks a year is more than enough and that my DD has all the immunities from it, yet I get through tantrums (omg, the tantrums), naptime, bedtime, snack time, ow I bonked my head really hard time, etc. w/nursing. To lose that in favor of medication that is more effective = a rock and a hard place to use the old cliche.

That's simply her opinion, she may have a right to ask you do to chores, but she does not have the right to tell you how to parent and what parenting choices to make. It's up to you to determine what is best for you and your daughter.

Have you tried supplements? The fish oil and B Vits? I just take a good prenatal and fish oil, but some others on here really lean on the supplements successfully, maybe they can chime in here.

That would be helpful I think. I have the worst memory for chores, etc.
PM me and we can exchange phone #s. If I have someone to talk to, I get a lot more done, since I'm not online, lol!

That actually sounds like a good plan. I have both a large assignment notebook I got on the cheap from Office Depot, a wall calendar, and a calendar on Google. (Can't tell I live and die by the calendar, huh? )

It did work really great. I was a little scared of my mentor, so wa motivated, heheh.

You actually put some pretty helpful tips on there. Next is actually sitting down and setting it up.
Thank you, well, I didn't think of it. Yep, that's the big job. It's always easier if I break things up, then I don't get overwhelmed. I cleared one little counter space last night, but it was enough to get my fruit off the floor(I'm trying to get to eating more whole foods) and had room to make supper. Yay! So if I get DH to hang my fruit baskets, then I can move my silverware box and clear out the mess on the counter under the microwave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by studentmama View Post
Hey there m, I am with you 150%! It is really tough and sometimes it constantly feels like trying to swim against the current.

What have you got for a support system? Who's helping around the house? Kids? Dh?

Any other things you are doing with your diet? Any supplements? How about exercise?

What are you doing for stress relief?

I have CLO, vit b complex, zinc to be very helpful, and generally eating well. I can tell when I have been running ragged and I start eating too much fast food or out, I can really feel the drag on my mind and body.

As for an accountablity partner, I need one of those too. I desparetly need to get all my projects in order, get some deadlines, and follow through.
PM me and we can exchange phone #s. If I have someone to talk to, I get a lot more done, since I'm not online, lol!
Oh, and I know I have to pay attention to HALT or I get super angry with poor DD.And usually it's Tired or Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidirk View Post
Kurumi- I hope you don't think you 'deserve' to do all the housework just because you have ADD? And everyone says innapropriate things in conversation, EVERYONE. I wish I could come give you a huge hug. I really think MIL is taking advantage of you a tiny bit.

Eh, can I say a huge bit? I mean, not only does she expect you to do all the housework but to raise your child the way she expects to make her life easier? And nag you when you don't get them done? And criticise how you talk? Sheesh.

It's tough taking classes and being a mom. I was taking classes online, and pregnant, with a 2 yo. That was last January, and hopefully, in Feb. I'll be able to start up again. I don't know how it will wiork now that I'll be caring for another child, but somehow I will do it, because it MUST be done.

There's a book you should look for, it's written specifically for women with ADD/ADHD. It's called, "You Mean I'm Not Lazy, Crazy or Stupid?" I can't remember the author (or find my copy ).

A lot of gifts come with having ADHD, too. So don't shortchange yourself, you have the power to accomplish amazing things!

H
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamabohl View Post
ug, i have a lot to get done today and not enough time! My list

laundry, i must do SOME laundry!
dishes, didn't do any yesterday so now i at least want to get a load going before i leave
leave at 10 for homeschool co-op (yeah right, I'm never on time)
get dressed, eat breakfast
figure out what to make for dinner
put away Christmas lights
return overdue library books (d'oh!)
write the grocery list so i can send dh to the store with it (we discovered that he doesn't buy all the impulse buys like i do...oops!)

I think I'll stick with that, even though there's a desperate need for picking up around here, those are more important...
I figure pretty accurately how much time it will take and add 20 minutes. Then I get online and delay until the last minute anyway. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by transformed View Post
oh and I am on that "last 2 days" part where everything left is random. amd its driving me nuts but luckily i get to leave it behind for dh to deal with. He will be coming when we get our tax return.
I hope your move goes well.
Quote:
So Monday I managed to get almost nothing done 'cause I landed in the ER due to a freakishly heavy post partum period. (No, they still don't know why I'm soaking a tampon an hour but can't find anything wrong w/me so I got sent home) As a result, the NP appointment is moved to waaay too early on a Fri. morning so between now and than I'm out of medication. Joy.

Today is a bit better day. I've tackled more laundry and helped hubby w/the job hunt.

Journeymom, I tend to be more submissive towards my husband having been my mother's caretaker for many many years. It's a result of being in charge when I shouldn't have been, so now I relinquish a lot of control to him. Even before I met my husband, I've always viewed myself at the bottom of the pecking order. The needs of others have ALWAYS come before my own.
I'm sorry. It's hard to change patterns of responding. Just because he may be more 'in charge' doesn't mean he should take advantage of you or let others do it.

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
Old 01-10-2009, 07:12 AM

Quote:
What I'd like to know is what their definition of 'functional' is? I mean, yes, noone in my house would die of anything becaus of the mess, but I wouldn't want any less than a week's notice if CPS was to come visit, either. and not necessarily because of what they might find, but because of what I percieve their standards to be (ie: sparkles) and what they might think. It's hard for me to know if I'm functioning or not, because I feel at times like I'm immersed in Chaos inside and out.
I wonder about this too...
Old 01-11-2009, 02:20 AM

Oh cripes. I have been on the road for 4 days with 3 kids a really bad dog, and my abusive ocd mother, and complaicent father in a freaking RV.

I have been unable to resist the temptation of candy.

I told my dh this would be a really good time to take up pot.

But so anyways, this is not my week. :
Old 01-11-2009, 06:13 PM

Ugh, transformed. Sounds like disaster.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by transformed View Post
Oh cripes. I have been on the road for 4 days with 3 kids a really bad dog, and my abusive ocd mother, and complaicent father in a freaking RV.

I have been unable to resist the temptation of candy.

I told my dh this would be a really good time to take up pot.

But so anyways, this is not my week. :

On a lighter note, sounds like a great idea for a book/movie.

I'm back! : Missed you guys!

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggirayne View Post
Um, what did she do before she had a live-in house cleaner? Doesn't she do some work? I'm of the thought that raising kids and cooking alone are a full time and husbands sshould share the responsibility of keeping house and changing diapers and other taking care of children. I've been telling my DH that once we have #2, DD is going to be his nighttime responsibility
She cleaned obsessively while working full time in the office however, it never really got messy because she wasn't at home much.

Quote:
Ugh, I love my MIL, but I don't think I'd want to live with her. And we spend most weekends there, but living with someone is different.
We were living in a really bad neighborhood before coming to live here. (We lived exactly 2 streets over from where a family of 7 was brutally murdered) When his mom offered to open her home to us like she'd done for both of his sisters, we jumped at the chance since there was no way we wanted to raise our daughter around drugs, thugs, and bugs.

Quote:
Have you tried supplements? The fish oil and B Vits? I just take a good prenatal and fish oil, but some others on here really lean on the supplements successfully, maybe they can chime in here.
I haven't tried supplements yet. My NP just switched me to Adderall XR which seems to be helping more than the short acting Ritalin. (Though, OMG, sticker shock. Thank goodness it's going generic in a few months)

Though I really would love to know what their definition of functional is since w/o the medicine, I barely function on a "normal" level. Do they intend to leave me that way until I'm drowning and than swoop in to help? Oh how I'd love to pick my NP's brain on this.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

Kurumi-yah, ritalin was scary for me to be on, mostly when it wore off and i wanted to throw and break things. i hope adderall works for you. can you nurse still?

welcomeback, smee!!

i got quite a bit done this weeked, but lots yet I want to do. I want control of my life more than anything, but that's not happenin'.

MY FOOT HURTS!!!! my heel, actually, it's driving me insane.

Maggirayne- dh became night-time ODP when I got pregnant this time. oops, ODP means On Duty Parent. I don't care how hard he was working, HE wasn't gestating.

computergeek2.gif  wife to bikenew.gif and momma to my intact boys headscratch.gif 06/19/06 and mischievous.gif 10/10/08 We delayed/selective vax; constantly wash.gif  always intactlact.gif

Niemals Gewalt
Old 01-12-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Kurumi-yah, ritalin was scary for me to be on, mostly when it wore off and i wanted to throw and break things. i hope adderall works for you. can you nurse still?
The NP said nothing about weaning. While I realize the Adderall is an L4, DD doesn't seem to be showing any reaction to it so far. I see the NP back again next week to see where we're at. So far it seems to be working pretty well. I'm only having vague panic 'cause it looks like I don't have one of the books I need for English Composition. argh!
Old 01-12-2009, 09:25 PM - Thread Starter

So far so good, then. I hope you have the book you need.

Here, this is for all of us. Someone told me to check out www.motivatedmoms.com

it's pretty cool.

Niemals Gewalt
Old 01-12-2009, 10:21 PM

:

I'm getting a G1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally saved up enough money for it, and I'm ordering it this week.

Hopefully, this will help get me more organized by syncing with everything I currently use online.

:

Sara caffix.gif, Keith 2whistle.gif, Toby 6/08superhero.gif, Nomi 4/10blahblah.gif, Mona 1/12 hammer.gif

Mama of three, lover, student rabbi, spoonie, friend, musician, narcoleptic, space muffin, pretty much a dragon. Crunchy like matzoh.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:21 AM

I am subbing to this thread, since there are a gazillion pages and it's taken me two hours to read through only three of them, lol. The great thing is, in those three pages, I found so many of the topics that I've been thinking about, from cleaning the house (ack-the laundry!) to keeping a calendar, to self medicating, to my right brained propensities, and so much more... You really are my tribe.

It's late tonight and I have to sleep, although all I want to do is keep reading.

See you tomorrow!
~J
Old 01-13-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Kurumi-yah, ritalin was scary for me to be on, mostly when it wore off and i wanted to throw and break things.

MY FOOT HURTS!!!! my heel, actually, it's driving me insane.

Maggirayne- dh became night-time ODP when I got pregnant this time. oops, ODP means On Duty Parent. I don't care how hard he was working, HE wasn't gestating.
Sigh, very true. I feel like I'm borderline rage half the time, and I have an easy baby, well, toddler.

She's sleeping until 3:30 and yesterday 4:15, waking to nurse, then 6-7 and waking around 9:15. But today she nursed 3:30, and then not until 8 am! Might be because I have no milk. But I haven't slept like this in two years! :

When I decided to try limiting, we tried DH holding, walking, rocking, giving her a bottle, but she fell back asleep easiest with me talking/humming and patting her. but with my supply dropping she's not waking up, which I've been wanting to have her nightweaned before baby comes.

Hi Froggie, change your options to view 100 post per page instead of the default of 20, it makes it less long. It's only 3 pages that way.

Old 01-13-2009, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post
:

I'm getting a G1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally saved up enough money for it, and I'm ordering it this week.

Hopefully, this will help get me more organized by syncing with everything I currently use online.

:

Now, can it FIND itself when you lose it? That would make it REALLY useful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggirayne View Post
Sigh, very true. I feel like I'm borderline rage half the time, and I have an easy baby, well, toddler.

She's sleeping until 3:30 and yesterday 4:15, waking to nurse, then 6-7 and waking around 9:15. But today she nursed 3:30, and then not until 8 am! Might be because I have no milk. But I haven't slept like this in two years! :

When I decided to try limiting, we tried DH holding, walking, rocking, giving her a bottle, but she fell back asleep easiest with me talking/humming and patting her. but with my supply dropping she's not waking up, which I've been wanting to have her nightweaned before baby comes.

Hi Froggie, change your options to view 100 post per page instead of the default of 20, it makes it less long. It's only 3 pages that way.

It was a happy/sad time for us, too. But I had already nursed for 18 mos, and I figured, hey, way to go, me! It was nice to have uninterrupted sleep for 6 mos before the baby came!

Change my options to 100 per page, huh. . . don't know if I can handle that, my attention wanders after five posts or so.

Niemals Gewalt
Old 01-13-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
So far so good, then. I hope you have the book you need.
Here, this is for all of us. Someone told me to check out www.motivatedmoms.com
it's pretty cool.
I've used the Motivated Moms system before... like all things though, my issue is long term follow-through. I am considering a GIANT organizing area for my kitchen. Like a tack strip for school papers, an extra large calendar, and a bulletin board for menus, Motivated Mom's list, 2 kids chore charts & a shopping list. What is stopping me is that it'll look like I-don't know-what.. I like the kitchen to be visually clutter free (ha, I said I like it, not that it's *always* that way!) so it pains me to put up a bunch of visual clutter. The idea is that if it is right there, ugly and all, that I will see it and remember to do it everyday. Think it'll work?

Here's a tip for Motivated Moms: You can print the FREE 2002 calendar, use the daily chore list which isn't dated and just shift a few dates around to follow the weekly chores.

I've tried FlyLady before and was overwhelmed by the sheer mass of emails and the zones, besides her emphasis on shoes, which is just wierd imo. I mean, I live in FL and if you can't go barefoot in FL, what's the point?

Right now, we let it get messier and messier until either A) we can't stand it anymore and everyone is out of laundry or B) we have a party or play date to clean up for. Not a good system.

Anyway, these are my only ideas for taming my chore list and tackling the clutter, dust, laundry and toys. I really really want to be able to invite a neighbor in for coffee or for when a friend calls and is "in the neighborhood" not to disolve into total panic. I know they will still love me if they are my real friends, but I want that stress to be gone!
Old 01-13-2009, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Froggie- that's my defualt system, too, apparently! Maybe I should check out Flylady- I do love shoes.

Niemals Gewalt
Old 01-13-2009, 10:22 PM

Sheesh, I WISH it could find itself. Talk about technology!

Old 01-14-2009, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

I mean, we have cars that can parallel park themselves, why don't we have self-finding Keys?

Niemals Gewalt
Old 01-16-2009, 01:42 AM

Hehe, if you need help cleaning house, all you just need is a older neighbor to come fold your laundry. My loveseat was full. We live in the same apt building and visit, and I've gotten kinda like, well,this is my house, this is the way it is. She helped and the loveseat is empty, but it was interesting. I've got a friend who's great, and I don't care if she comes, but she doesn't tell me to put the stuff away. But the living room looks better. Ya take whatcha get sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Ian View Post
I was diagnosed with ADHD in my early 20's and had a lot of problems in high school and college. I tested out at "gifted" so everyone seemed to think that I wasn't trying hard enough, and after a while I did stop "trying" and was content to just get through and not do my best in high school. My "academic" self-esteem really took a beating. College was a little better (but not much) and now that I am in grad school I'm doing okay but still really fight some maladaptive behaviors (really bad with procrastinating, have a lot of confidence issues related to school). I will be so happy when I graduate

And I could have written the following post right down to the clinical social worker part...how interesting! I will be PMing you LOL I didn't know I had a long-lost twin

I have trouble maintaining female relationships too and often choose to not have people over to my house because of "the laundry on the couch" I do have some really good friends, but anyone who stays in my life for any length of time is the type of person who does not take it personally when I don't call them on their b-day or talk to them for a couple of months. Between being an attentive Mom, school and internship (plus doing the obligatory laundry and dishes daily to keep SOME of the chaos in my house away) I often feel like I don't have any energy left for a social life anyway LOL
laundry on the couch, yesterday when my DH came home, he was like, "Oh my, I'd forgotten what the loveseat looked like!" He was teasing. And it was funny to me.
Quote:
Now, can it FIND itself when you lose it? That would make it REALLY useful!

It was a happy/sad time for us, too. But I had already nursed for 18 mos, and I figured, hey, way to go, me! It was nice to have uninterrupted sleep for 6 mos before the baby came!

Change my options to 100 per page, huh. . . don't know if I can handle that, my attention wanders after five posts or so.
Yeah, I'm hoping to have a few months of sleep. Heh, just in time to get used to it. Oh well. But I slept while DD nursed more when she was little, I think. but then she used to nurse for 3-5 minutes on one side and be done. The hard part having enough light to see to change diapers without waking her up.

Yeah, I keep some long ones open for a couple of days. Read a bit, go to something else, come back, etc. Gotta love the tabs in Firefox.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:47 AM - Thread Starter

Just after Milo was born, a friend of mine came over for the day, and helped me fold the clean laundry that had built up. But she drew the line at foldng my hubby's underpants! (and who can blame her?)

I MUST go to Office Max and get a new calendar for my organiser book. Twice this week, I double scheduled myself for something. It actually all worked out. But boy did I feel silly.

Niemals Gewalt
Old 01-19-2009, 02:05 AM

Heh, I wish she'd drawn the line at underwear. I grabbed DH's but she'd hold mine up and ask, "Are these yours?" They sure aren't my 20 mo's! It was funny but embarrassing. and I'd moved some to a different pile of laundry and folded them, and she grabbed those and refolded them

Old 01-19-2009, 07:51 PM - Thread Starter

Niemals Gewalt
Old 01-19-2009, 08:45 PM

Yeah, I was like, why on earth is she asking?

And she matched our socks, I had a box for each of mine and DH's. And she kept saying, "There isn't a match for all of these" worriedly. And I would say, "There's some more in the laundry or the bedroom."

Except it was like she didn't hear me, so I wish I'd counted how many times I did say it, andI was getting frustrated so I quit. Heheh. But it was pretty easy to get my living room cleaned up for my midwife appt. today. We heard the heartbeat! :

Old 01-19-2009, 08:49 PM

Yeah, I was like, why on earth is she asking?

And she matched our socks, I had a box for each of mine and DH's. And she kept saying, "There isn't a match for all of these" worriedly. And I would say, "There's some more in the laundry or the bedroom."

Except it was like she didn't hear me, so I wish I'd counted how many times I did say it, andI was getting frustrated so I quit. Heheh. But it was pretty easy to get my living room cleaned up for my midwife appt. today. We heard the heartbeat! :

User Tag List