Consensual living - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-08-2011, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

dd is almost 9.

i have practised CL right from the beginning before i even knew it existed. between CL and Non violent communication i would say dd and i have a pretty good relationship.

as an older kid i see the results of my parenting philosophy.

at camp where everyone was sharing about how people help each other out dd brought up that she was grateful to have a mommy like me because i respect her by listening to her and allowing her to be herself - even when its not a nice self. when she later spoke to the teacher (who asked her more because she was curious since dd gave such a out of the box reply) she said the one thing she really appreciates about me is that she always feels respected in our house. that there is an understanding in our house and that she feels heard and her opinions matter. 

all the stuff i worried about as a toddler - being forced to put on clothes to go for the doctors appt - in the long run didnt matter because they were lone issues that happened rarely. 

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2011, 10:26 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone have any advice on how to handle food allergies, being almost tv-free, and being a 1 car family? To explain more, dd and I have food allergies so we are a gluten/soy/sugar/artifical free household, but when we go out ds always wants to eat others food, we want him to stick to the diet as it makes things easier and everyone is healthier/happier on it.... but explaining this to him makes him really mad. We are a Waldorf family so are almost tv-free, we allow 1 movie on the weekend, the kids have both agreed to this but we're still hearing lots of grumbling about tv during the week, I'm not sure what to do here since limiting media is very important to us. And, lastly like I said we are a 1 car family for a variety of reasons, only problem is ds almost never feels like going to pick up dh from work, unfortunately he's too young to be at home alone and we don't have anybody really close by to watch him so he *has* to come with us.

Help please!

treehugger.gifhippie.gifhomeschool.gifnamaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcrochetsmilie.gifblahblah.gifenergy.gifgoorganic.jpggd.gifteapot2.GIFbftoddler.giffamilybed2.gif

Old 08-15-2011, 10:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We have started a Parenting with Joy, Trust and Love  Facebook page to share Consensual Living info and discussions.

Pat Robinson

I have a blog.

User Tag List