Dude. Help me, I am so burnt out. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 08-09-2008, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just want to not be around my kids at all right now. All we have been doing latley is fight.

I just want to quit.

I dont know what to do! I have no help, no one to come get them, no where to go, and no money to hire a babysitter.

I just dont want to be here right now.

Oh and the great thing is my dh wont be home until tues. :

I am having a hard time controlling my anger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 08-09-2008, 08:40 PM

Do you have a friend you could trust to watch your kids for a bit while you go out and clear your head? Family? I'm so sorry you are having a hard time.
#3 of 17 Old 08-09-2008, 08:42 PM

I agree with sushi, is there anyone to watch the kids, even if it's just for an hour or so, for you to get some YOU time? I'm sorry you're going through this!
#4 of 17 Old 08-09-2008, 09:13 PM

Any kind of playground near you?

How about a drop off program at the Y? The one near me is $4/hour. You could go swim - they could play - you both get a break.

Anyone you know who could swap care?

Can you go camping? I did that with my 1yo last summer when my DH was out of town and I was going CRAZY. We went camping. Just the 2 of us. It was great - I had no choice but to focus on her. We walked all day long, I got lots of exercise (great for feeling blue), she slept well.
#5 of 17 Old 08-09-2008, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

I dont think I know anyone who will take the kids. I just dropped my YMCA coverage because the childcare was so bad.

Actually, thats what I was counting on to keep me sane - getting to work out 3 times a week (and shower!) But it didnt work out.

I am wondering how I am going to homeschool if I get burnt out so easily!
#6 of 17 Old 08-09-2008, 09:22 PM

Are there any playgroups in your area? They may not be up your alley - like common parenting ideals - but as a new place for your kids to play - they may give you a break. That does depend on your kids - mine LOVES new places and I don't see her when we try new playgroups or parks. Other kids get more clingy.

That sucks about the Y. Are there any other 'leisure' centers around you. Here - all the suburbs have their own. They each have drop in childcare - one of them might be good?

There are also "drop in" daycares and "kid day out" programs here. They have a very low limit on the number of hours you can use them per month - but in from what I've heard they are pretty decent and very useful when you need them. Could you use one for a morning to go get your hair cut or something?

Homeschooling: My advice - find a group to join. That way you can have homeschooling playdates and get togethers where you can meet and talk to other people with similar ideas. I don't think we're going to homeschool - but if I did, I would be all over finding a group.
#7 of 17 Old 08-10-2008, 05:01 AM

. You can do this. We're here for you, we'll listen to you vent. Tell the big ones how much the fighting bugs you, and keep loving on all of them (because really, all of yours are little ones.) Oh, and for goodness sake, keep eating.
:

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#8 of 17 Old 08-10-2008, 05:46 AM
Banned

meeeeeeee toooooooo...........
#9 of 17 Old 08-10-2008, 06:01 AM

I feel this way too sometimes. Outside seems to cure some fights....a snack at other times...and...a good glass of wine...Just kidding.

Try to find something to laugh at. Put on a movie (if you do t.v.) for them. Focus on only them..don't worry about the house or dinner ( order out)
#10 of 17 Old 08-10-2008, 06:24 AM

What is with this? Three of mine have been all over each other for days. It's like pulling little animals off of each other. I don't get it.
#11 of 17 Old 08-10-2008, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhippiemama View Post
meeeeeeee toooooooo...........

Hi! :
#12 of 17 Old 08-10-2008, 01:39 PM

Never offering support again. Your day got passed over here

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#13 of 17 Old 08-10-2008, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
Never offering support again. Your day got passed over here

#14 of 17 Old 08-10-2008, 03:24 PM

I have more of these days than I care to admit.

I hope everyone's day gets better.

Wendi
#15 of 17 Old 08-10-2008, 03:45 PM

I feel your pain, sometimes literally. I have been having anxiety attacks lately from it.

FWIW, I find that the days that we get started early enough to have a pretty decent day of homeschooling go much better than the rest. I don't know why, but I won't complain at all.

In my fantasy world I have a cleaning lady and that helps tremendously. The only problem is that I keep waking up from that fantasy too often lately.
#16 of 17 Old 08-10-2008, 03:49 PM

I am so sorry! DH has been working 60-80 hr weeks for the last 5 years and I rarely get a break. I feel like a crappy mother at least half the time, if not more. It seems like I get angry at the drop of a hat the last 3 years.
Looks like we both need to find time for ourselves. I hope you can figure something out soon.
Just two more days till Tuesday too

#17 of 17 Old 08-10-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kessed View Post

Homeschooling: My advice - find a group to join. That way you can have homeschooling playdates and get togethers where you can meet and talk to other people with similar ideas.

Yes, yes, yes! We had a GREAT homeschool playgroup before we moved. In the summer, we make the hour drive to get together with them several times. The playgoup was fantastic. We would have as many as 30 kids playing while the Moms chatted. Every now and then a child would need a parent, but they usually play together really well. That group was my sanity saver.

We would tell the kids "you just think that playgroup is for you!" This week, one of the older kids pointed out that it IS called Playgroup, and not MomsSitAndTalkGroup. But that is how Moms play!

I wish we had something like that in the homeschooling community here. I've met a few Moms, but it isn't the same.

Hang in there! When your dh gets home on Tuesday, can you take some time away for yourself?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page