chicco vs graco travel system - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 10-19-2008, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
( I hope this is the right spot to post this!)

I am trying to figure out which stroller is the best. either the Chicco or the Graco.. both are "good" strollers. There are just a few things that vary from each one that make them different.

Does anyone have one or the other? Do you like it and why?

Thank you!!
#2 of 14 Old 10-20-2008, 12:13 AM

I have the Chicco. The key fit 30 seat & stroller - I LOVE IT!:
The base to the seat is very easy to install & the whole system is easy to use. Stroller is a snap to fold up and down. people always comment on what a nice system it is. Their cust service is great. Dir are easy to follow.

The only complaint I have is it is hard to use when food shopping. There are no groovs in it to put it on top of the cart like others have. I either limit the amount I buy and put the whole seat into the cart or use the basket in the bottom of the stroller. I dont know why but I havent thought of putting my Ds into his sling to food shop until now - must try that this week.......

Wife of 10 yrs to Oaties, Mama to Bubs 08/06/08, Rizie 04/19/10 & MRae 02/02/13 & to dog2.gif

#3 of 14 Old 10-20-2008, 12:25 AM - Thread Starter

The Chicco I registered for is the Chico Cortina Travel System...
#4 of 14 Old 10-20-2008, 01:01 AM

I just got a Graco Metrolite. I love it. This is my 4th stroller for a 20 month old I would check out the colors on Amazon because BRUS has a bad selection.

"Breastfeeding is a robust, biologically stable activity so central to our evolutionary identity that it names the class of animals to which we belong" (Breastfeeding Atlas, Third Edition)
#5 of 14 Old 10-20-2008, 01:09 AM

Personally I avoid travel systems and just get a stroller that fully reclines. Carseats really shouldn't be used outside the car.

Also, it's not safe to put a carseat on top of a grocery basket.

-Angela
#6 of 14 Old 10-20-2008, 01:28 AM

I was reading another post somewhere that mentioned that Ped's recommend that babies stay in the car seat in a travel type system until 6 months, something about head control safety and that after that it is safe to put them in a stroller and/or running stroller.
#7 of 14 Old 10-20-2008, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizas-Mom View Post
I was reading another post somewhere that mentioned that Ped's recommend that babies stay in the car seat in a travel type system until 6 months, something about head control safety and that after that it is safe to put them in a stroller and/or running stroller.
No, they just shouldn't be in a jogging stroller that early. All the ped. advice I've seen says carseats should really be limited to the car.

A newborn in a stroller should be fully reclined.

-Angela
#8 of 14 Old 10-20-2008, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizas-Mom View Post
no because it really is better for babies to be laying flat on their back, until they can sit up on their own if they need to be contained in a stroller. Otherwise they are sorta artificially being supported in that position. Plus they can move better if they are in a completely reclined stroller rather than strapped to thier car seat for longer than necessary (in the car, obviously it's a must).

To the OP, I personally like the Chicco Keyfit over both the Graco Snugride and Safeseat but really they are all nice infant car seats. Haven't used either stroller in a single but my graco double I had years ago was kinda cheap compared to higher end strollers.

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#9 of 14 Old 10-20-2008, 03:15 AM

we have the chicco cortina... i like it A LOT!!

#10 of 14 Old 10-20-2008, 10:23 AM

The stroller "guy" at Babiers r us told me that they have more returns on Chicco strollers, he says they are not as sturdy as the Graco or Maclaren and he said the chicco wheels tend to bow inward after some time. However i really liked the design of the chicco stollers. I ended up going with the Maclaren quest b/c we travel alot and i dont want to lug around a big heavy stroller. Plus it reclines back and my toddler can ride when baby is in the sling.

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#11 of 14 Old 10-20-2008, 01:54 PM

We skipped the travel system, picked the infant car seat we wanted and got one of the higher end Maclaren strollers that have an infant seat attachment, which we liked better than any travel system. If you want a Maclaren but don't want to go to the top end, consider a Volo or similar stroller and go with a stroller frame (about $50 or $60) for the infant seat.
#12 of 14 Old 10-20-2008, 02:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
skip it not worth the money
convertable carseat with a high weight limit and a stroller that lies flat i would say one that has a flip handle
#13 of 14 Old 10-20-2008, 02:54 PM

I received the Graco Quattro Tour travel system as a gift, and it didn't work well for me. In my case, my babe was in a sling most of the time when we were out, and I thought it was just too big and bulky to mess with honestly. I swear that thing must weight fifty pounds! I ended up just getting a lightweight stroller for occasional use.
#14 of 14 Old 10-20-2008, 09:21 PM

I have a Graco stroller that I like now that DS is a toddler. I don't like it as a stroller for a baby as the seat doesn't fully recline down. My friend has a Chicco stroller where the seat does recline fully and it's much better for an infant.

Kirsten, mama to Monkey since May 2007 and Bean born 11/7/09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page