I am wandering if there are other parents that find thenselves doing both AP parenting and main stream parenting - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

#91 of 92 Old 12-07-2008, 11:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We call what we do "Alternative Parenting". Its a mix of all the parenting beliefs that fit us. Its not straight attachment parenting as defined on MDC, but its defintely not mainstream either.

Mom to Joscelyne 14, Andrew 12, and Mackenzie 10 and wife to Nate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 92 Old 12-07-2008, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are very AP, but not quite crunchy. Of the 8 principles of AP, Striving for balance in family and personal life is where I fall short. I am all was stretched to the limit and I feel as if DS needs me more at times, but right now I am on a mission to complete my education.

As for NFL we are not complete followers. I believe in early education and the benefits of excellent private schools, I detest the public transportaion in my current city and I drive whenever I am able, we delayed vaxed DS, supplemented w/ formula and I had tubes placed in his ears. I also LOVED my bucket seat (why wake a sleeping baby) and the stroller. Trying on clothes is a PITA without a stroller and I enjoyed drinking coffee w/out worrying if I would spill it on my baby.

However, we shop organic, strive to reduce our waste, co-sleep and made our own baby food and wear DS often.

Married. Mom to 1. Due 10/12.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page