Update; finally some good news - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-20-2004, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know how many of you remember me or my issues with SO, but in a nutshell he had some drinking/drug issues, responsibility issues, etc. that made me call off impending wedding plans and tell him to move out. Nothing happened for a long time, then I finally got serious and said, "Move out today."

He took the next day off and found us a counselor. He started dealing with some of the financial cr*p that he has been avoiding. He quit drinking (completely, and I did too as a support), and I quit wallowing in my "poor me" cycle and took some initiative (I'm writing again, painting again, and making plans that include only myself, like going riding, out of town with DD, etc.). Everybody has checked back in, and it feels great.

I wanted to post this not necessarily because everyone here knows me, but because I finally feel like there is some hope, and part of that was me taking responsibility for my own happiness. SO was a convenient excuse; even if he hadn't stopped drinking and started dealing with his $$ stuff, it would still be on me to make a happy life for myself.

Just thought a happy update would be a good thing to read; thanks for all the support for the last year or so that I have been posting on our issues!!

HoneyFern

The Blog

Never let your schooling interfere with your education. ~Mark Twain~

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 04-20-2004, 12:44 PM

That is fantastic news! What a great inspirational story for those sitting in a bad situation thinking they can't fix it. It sounds like you are in a really good place emotionally. Congratulations!
#3 of 4 Old 04-20-2004, 12:51 PM

That is so nice to hear!!
#4 of 4 Old 04-21-2004, 01:32 PM

I'm unfamiliar with your story but I just wanted to say in regards to:

Quote:
and part of that was me taking responsibility for my own happiness.
BRAVO!! BRAVO!!

Good for you! Happiness created by oneself is always more precious and long-lasting than happiness "found" in other people!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page