Conversations that irk you - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 34 Old 06-13-2005, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by May May
Ok, here's one --

Dh gets all pissy and uptight about anyone sharing his drinking glasses, for fear of GERMS (he subscribes to the concept of catching things from others pretty much exclusively; I believe a healthy immune system is where it's REALLY at, so I think one can be exposed and withstand sickness by means of a strong immune system).

So I'm like, sure, I respect your values. So no one shares the cup he's using, ever (no one takes a sip of his water, for example).
BUT,
for some insane reason, it's ok with him to 'just rinse out' the cup he just used when he's done using it and put it in the dishrack that way. Anyone else could then end up using that cup and catch his germs, right?! I've told him I'd rather he just leave them for me to actually wash, but he can't seem to do that . (I wash everyone's used dishes -- don't ever just rinse anything out.)

So he thinks it's ok, though, since everyone else in the house (me and dc) are into the 'immune system theory' that he doesn't wash the cups he uses.

I say, if HE believes that germs cause sickness alone, then how could he put them in the dishrack with a clear conscience??

I think it's just his way of copping out -- changing his beliefs to suit whatever point he's making at any given moment.

But, , it's sure hard to take someone seriously that doesn't walk their talk!
Well, *my* dh refrigerates his dirty glasses. His theory is that if it is in the refrigerator then it is still "good" and he can use it the next time he gets a drink. These aren't water glasses, mind you, he doesn't reuse water glasses He reuses milk and soda glasses. Your refrigerator is full of food, mine is full of dirty dishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 34 Old 06-13-2005, 04:40 PM

oh yes.....

" the baby wants to nurse"

:
#33 of 34 Old 06-13-2005, 04:48 PM

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake&zaxmom
Well, *my* dh refrigerates his dirty glasses. His theory is that if it is in the refrigerator then it is still "good" and he can use it the next time he gets a drink. These aren't water glasses, mind you, he doesn't reuse water glasses He reuses milk and soda glasses. Your refrigerator is full of food, mine is full of dirty dishes.

:

#34 of 34 Old 06-14-2005, 10:11 AM
cal

...10:30pm I'm nursing our baby in bed...
dh comes upstairs for bed...
me:did you turn off all the lights?and the dryer(the timer is busted)?
dh:yes
me:log off the computer?
me:lock the doors?and the screen door?
me: I'll get up I can't sleep properly unless I know for sure all these things are done...
dh:don't worry so much lets just get some sleep
I fall asleep thinking what a great guy...
Wake Up in The Morning To:
-4 lamps on
-dryer running ALL NIGHT!
-computer programs runningfailed to initialize shut down properly... (message)
-dead bird parts and feathers all over the living room because the screen door was NOT latched so the cats brought us a present!!
and this has happened more than once!! :
Now he thinks I have obsessive compulsive disorder because I get up every night to check the house!geez!I'd love to just drift off to sleep with the babe but my house would be a wreck!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page