Do I have the right to throw away DH's clothes and buy him new ones?updated w/ photo! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 95 Old 06-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
*****Dude, maybe it's because you started out by trashing people who don't care, and then have managed to extrapolate what kind of clothes people wear to their houses and moral character.*****

hmmm ok dude well i did not start by trashing anyone, i voiced my OPINION and was trashed. So that said i was just sharing my opinion to a post. Why don't you go back and read the entire thread before jumping on me DUDE

Anyhow i asked my hubby about this this am just to see what he said. He explained that in his previous relationship {7 yrs} he would have had a major issue if his ex fiance did that due to their lack of relationship all around. If i was to do it, which you know i obviously do he has no problems because aside from this aspect which you all disagree with we have a wonderful relationship. I guess it all depends on the spouse. As others said why not buy him a few things & donate the old?? That way he feels like he is maye helping someone else who is less fortunate. i sense that is oart of the issue.

Everyone i voiced my opinion only to offer a different view then you all have stated. Not to sound harsh, uncaring etc. Just to show not all are like you guys. This is an open board which welcomes everyone & i am disgusted that my little opinion has bothered you al lso much to the point of having to trash my opinion & bring out the rude side of me. i am one of the most easy going people around despite what my appearance is.
I am a loving wife & mother to 3 kids, 1 of whom is special needs & looking into adorpting a less fornutate special needs child to offer them a better life. I am not a superficial high maintnence know it all as you have proclaimed me to be. I was simply offering my view. Why must everyone always jump all over everyones opinion that isn't like theirs. See if you read my posts, i never did until i was trashed. Hummm who is the rude one here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 95 Old 06-12-2005, 05:24 PM

I threw away one of my husband's shirts 9 years ago (actually I gave it to Good Will). I still hear about it. I'd buy new ones and encourage him to wear them.
#93 of 95 Old 06-12-2005, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBena
John has an abundance of old clothes with a sentimental attachment to them. I compromised; we decided he could *keep* the clothes, but I would make rag quilts from them.

We have one (very comfy!) lap quilt, and another in the works. Also I sewed the legholes/waistband (and patched the hole in the crotch : ) shut in a pair of old shorts, stuffed them, and we now have a nice squishy floor pillow.

Are you handy with a needle and thread?
I have also found that making things out of hubby's old clothes is a good compromise for us

Some other ideas: curtains out of blue jean and khaki pieces, pillows out of flannel shirts (it's really cute if you use the front, with the pocket and buttons), t-shirt quilts with the fronts of favorite band or event shirts. Sometimes, if there's enough fabric still salvagable from the original garment, you can make mini-versions for the kids

My husband is another guy with emotional attachment to clothes. I don't really know why, but it seems like he picks out a couple of shirts and one pair of pants each year as his "favorites" and refuses to wear any others, because they aren't broken in right, lol. In highschool, he actually wore a pair of jeans for several weeks while they were ripped from the back pocket, all the way to the floor. One teacher asked if he had an accident and needed to go home, lol, he said "nah, i came this way" She almost fainted. I admit, i was embarassed that the whole world was being subjected to my boyfriend's (at the time) underwear, so i sewed the jeans the best i could. So began my sewing career, lol.
#94 of 95 Old 06-12-2005, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyvreWillow
In highschool, he actually wore a pair of jeans for several weeks while they were ripped from the back pocket, all the way to the floor. One teacher asked if he had an accident and needed to go home, lol, he said "nah, i came this way" She almost fainted. I admit, i was embarassed that the whole world was being subjected to my boyfriend's (at the time) underwear, so i sewed the jeans the best i could. So began my sewing career, lol.

I know that feeling! John ripped his pants during mass one time while playing in the music group. Not sure if those undies had holes/stains in them or not. Maybe I should ask the priest? :LOL
#95 of 95 Old 06-13-2005, 05:24 PM

I just checked with dh, since I routinely toss/recycle clothing of his that has become holey (no, not handy with needle and thread, more's the pity). I asked if it bothered him, and he said:

"Not really. Should it?"

He is a geek, too. He is attached to certain t-shirts but he only wears them around the house because they look ratty.

We are six: Me : Dh : Ds1('00) Dd('02) Ds2('05) Ds3('08) and, wow! Soon to be seven, Dd2 due 4/23.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page