aversions... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 10-31-2005, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have alot of food/drink aversions and cravings when preg. They have already started. I always have a coffee aversion-even to smell it-in the first trimester especially and i normally LOVE coffee. Right now, there are not many foods that sound good to me even when I am hungry. Carb loaded foods sound good unfortunately. I had some spaghetti squash for lunch and pretended it was pasta . You guys experiencing this?

mama to Joshua (9), Lily (8), Jude (6) and Ava (6)

#2 of 9 Old 10-31-2005, 06:44 PM

Mmmm.. carby foods. I am really wanting bread-type things, crackers, muffins, etc. I think I am craving it for the energy lift. My ND has me off wheat for a few months so a lot of that is off limits for me. No real strong aversions so far but I have been extra finicky about eating eggs lately.
#3 of 9 Old 10-31-2005, 07:22 PM

No aversions yet.
But, I had a huge pile of spaghetti squash for dinner last night too!

I have been going crazy for sour things:
Plain yogurt (which tastes sour to me) marachino cherries, lemonade, sweet tarts (ok i got into the halloween stash!)

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#4 of 9 Old 11-02-2005, 12:20 AM

well, i've got one: salad and other veggies are totally unwelcome - just the thought turns my stomach - except for steamed broccoli, which i've been eating by the truckload. weird, huh? i've also shifted from meat urges to pasta urges. two of my pg aversions kicked in before i even get a bfp: coffee and wine, both of which i usually love the smell and taste of, but when pg, i can't even stand to be near.
#5 of 9 Old 11-02-2005, 12:19 PM

I don't have any specific aversions yet, just food in general! I only eat because I know I have to, not because anything tastes good. So far my only symptom is NO appetite at all.

Oh, something I read about carb cravings in the first trimester is that the baby's brain development is mostly built on carbs, so it's good to crave them! Pile on the spaghetti!

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
#6 of 9 Old 11-02-2005, 01:39 PM

I don't really have any aversions so far, but I'm definitely having cravings!

And I hear you on the carbs... (I say as I get ready to bite into a big ole piece of pumpkin pie )
#7 of 9 Old 11-02-2005, 03:20 PM

I don't have adversions it's just that nothing really sounds appetizing to me. It was a pain making this weeks menu because I can't think of anything I'd like to eat. I know it will be short lived though; I usually eat like a pig!
#8 of 9 Old 11-02-2005, 10:57 PM

No aversions here, but I feel hungry ALL THE TIME. I have always been a grazer, as opposed to eating just one or two big meals, but I usually feel satisfied after eating for at least an hour or so. But not anymore. I have been eating the same amounts as usual, too.

I also feel a little "weird" when I'm hungry. (Which is just about any time I'm not eating, practically.) It's not queasiness, exactly, but it's more of an uncomfortable feeling that makes me more eager to eat again to make it stop.
#9 of 9 Old 11-03-2005, 04:45 PM

no aversions yet but my sense of smell is in hyperdrive, so i have to be careful what i cook or how close i stick my nose to it.

i have had cravings though which i never had with my first. once for pasta and once for soda. i don't drink soda especially not when i'm pregnant, so i managed to figure out how to make a homemade soda w/ no phosphoric acid or high fuructose corn syrup and that satisfied the urge. i firmly believe cravings are your bodies way of telling you what you need- not that you need chocolate ice cream in particular, but that you need more calcium and fat- that sort of thing.

Crunchy Mama to the Triad of Chaos-- DD1 (9/03) & the Twinadoes- DS and DD2 (6/06)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page