Homeopathic remedies for morning sickness - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 11-12-2005, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought some of you would find this helpful and would like to try some homeopathic remedies for their morning sickness. SO here is a description of some remedies for it:

Homeopathic Remedies for Morning Sickness

Nausea during pregnancy can be miserable. At at time when many changes are occurring (enough to adapt to already), it is often very discouraging. Some women only feel ill or queasy in the morning, but for some it lasts all day and is even troublesome at night. Discomfort usually eases off by the third or fourth month, but not always. Homeopathic remedies can be very helpful to a woman with morning sickness and are safe to take during pregnancy.

Asarum: This remedy is indicated when a woman feels very ill, with constant nausea and retching. She is extremely sensitive to everything—especially noise, which can aggravate the nauseous feelings. She feels best when lying down and resting. Cool drinks or food may help, but it is hard for her to even think of eating.

Phosphorus: This remedy may be beneficial for a woman who is unusually fearful and very sensitive to all stimuli and who vomits shortly after drinking water. The need to vomit often comes on suddenly,and the individual feels better within a warm environment. Phosphorus 6c can be taken in the amount of one dose every hour, up to six doses, or until relieved, if sooner.

Colchicum
: Horrible nausea that is worse from the sight and smell of food (especially eggs or fish) often indicates this remedy. The woman retches and vomits, and has a sore and bloated feeling in the abdomen. She has trouble eating anything — although she often craves things, when she tries to eat them they make her sick. She is likely to feel ill from many smells that others don’t even notice.

Ipecacuanha: This remedy is indicated for intense and constant nausea that is felt all day (not only in the morning) with retching, belching, and excessive salivation. The woman may feel worse from lying down, but also worse from motion. Even after the woman vomits, she remains nauseous.

Kreosotum
: When this remedy is indicated, the woman may salivate so much that she constantly swallows it, becoming nauseous. She may also vomit up food that looks undigested, several hours after eating.

Lacticum acidum: This remedy is indicated for “classic morning sickness”: nausea worse immediately on waking in the morning and on opening the eyes. The woman may salivate a lot and have burning stomach pain. She usually has a decent appetite and feels better after eating.

Nux vomica: Nausea, especially in the morning and after eating, may respond to this remedy—especially if the woman is irritable, impatient, and chilly. She may retch a lot and have the urge to vomit, often without success. Her stomach feels sensitive and crampy, and she may be constipated.

Pulsatilla: This remedy can be helpful if nausea is worse in the afternoon and evening (often in the morning, as well). The woman is not very thirsty, although she may feel better from drinking something cool. She can crave many different foods, but feels sick from many things (including foods she craves). Creamy foods or desserts may be appealing, but can cause discomfort and burping or bring on vomiting. A woman who needs this remedy usually is affectionate, insecure, and weepy—wanting a lot of attention and comforting.

Sepia: Gnawing, intermittent nausea with an empty feeling in the stomach suggests a need for this remedy. It is especially indicated for a woman who is feeling irritable, sad, worn out, and indifferent to her family. She feels worst in the morning before she eats, but is not improved by eating and may vomit afterward. Nausea can be worse when she is lying on her side. Odors of any kind may aggravate the symptoms. Food often tastes too salty. She may lose her taste for many foods, but may still crave vinegar and sour things.

Tabacum:
This remedy can be helpful to a woman who feels a ghastly nausea with a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach. She looks extremely pale, feels very cold and faint, and needs to lie very still and keep her eyes closed. If she moves at all, she may vomit violently—or break out in cold sweat and feel terrible.

Homeopathy Dosage Directions

Select the remedy that most closely matches the symptoms. In conditions where self-treatment is appropriate, unless otherwise directed by a physician, a lower potency (6X, 6C, 12X, 12C, 30X, or 30C) should be used. In addition, instructions for use are usually printed on the label.

Many homeopathic physicians suggest that remedies be used as follows: Take one dose and wait for a response. If improvement is seen, continue to wait and let the remedy work. If improvement lags significantly or has clearly stopped, another dose may be taken. The frequency of dosage varies with the condition and the individual. Sometimes a dose may be required several times an hour; other times a dose may be indicated several times a day; and in some situations, one dose per day (or less) can be sufficient.

If no response is seen within a reasonable amount of time, select a different remedy.
#2 of 11 Old 11-13-2005, 03:38 AM

Pavlina! these are great!

didn't realize m/s came in all shapes and sizes.
#3 of 11 Old 11-13-2005, 04:23 AM

I used pulsittila during my last pregnancy & nowadays for my IBS, I can't sing its praises enough, it works wonders for me.
#4 of 11 Old 11-13-2005, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstie
Pavlina! these are great!

didn't realize m/s came in all shapes and sizes.
that's what I love about homeopathy - how extremely detailed it is. It's narrowed down to every feeling.

If you know already what type of sickness you tend to have it's good to start taking it already. Most people know themselves pretty well so they can tell what fit them best.
#5 of 11 Old 11-13-2005, 02:59 PM

what about nausea and diarrhea? I am not vomiting, but have diarrhea a lot! My stomach feels queasy and rumbly, lots of burping. I feel disgusting!
#6 of 11 Old 11-13-2005, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiola
what about nausea and diarrhea? I am not vomiting, but have diarrhea a lot! My stomach feels queasy and rumbly, lots of burping. I feel disgusting!
Diarrhea does not have to be on the list as long as some other symptoms are matching. None of the above matches any of your symptoms?

Usually you need about 3 symptoms from one remedy - then you can take that remedy. You don't have to have them all.

Try this remedy finder to help you find the remedy that's right for you:
http://www.abchomeopathy.com/go.php
#7 of 11 Old 11-13-2005, 03:22 PM

ignatia also really helped me

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#8 of 11 Old 11-13-2005, 04:12 PM

Can anyone suggest good sites to purchase homeopathic remedies? I don't have nausea yet, but I'm expecting it in the next few weeks.

Thanks!
#9 of 11 Old 11-13-2005, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

I only buy Boiron brand eaither at Whole foods or at www.ehealthland.com

Also www.hmedicine.com have LOTS of bands and combination remedies.
Like this one for morning sickness, I have it at home, works great!, at least for me: http://www.hmedicine.com/shopping/pr...6/b_king%20bio
#10 of 11 Old 11-26-2005, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

I just thought I'd bump this up for all new mamas to see.
#11 of 11 Old 11-27-2005, 02:38 PM

not a homeopathic rememdy, but i have found that fermented veggies really really help quell my queasiness. strong smells in general make me sick right now, but a good brine fermented pickle makes me feel sooooooooooo mcuh better. dont know if its the bacteria or what.

Mom to two perfect kids earth.gif  surrogate to two sweetpotatos heartbeat.gifheartbeat.gif born 4.21.11  

I love someone with ataxia telangiectasia http://www.atcp.org

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page