How early can you feel baby move? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 11-15-2005, 03:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I swear I just felt something, but is that even possible at 7 weeks? How early do they say you can feel fetal movement? Is it different for 2nd (or more) time Mamas?
#2 of 11 Old 11-15-2005, 11:16 AM

It was probably ligament stretching or gas. 7 weeks is extremely early and baby is to small to really give enough oomph against the uterine wall I think. I remember feeling quickening at about 13 weeks with my last. Such a cool feeling though...just a few weeks for you!!
#3 of 11 Old 11-15-2005, 11:41 AM

I think I just read that the embryo probably doesn't even move yet until 8 weeks, but who knows... I felt it MUCH earlier with my third than with the first two - I know it was pre-12 weeks because I was definitely still feeling crappy/1sttrimester sick at the time, and that was a little lift
#4 of 11 Old 11-15-2005, 12:14 PM

I felt Jase when I was about 12 weeks. It was such a wonderful experience.
With Trevor, I felt him when I was around 16 weeks. Hopefully this one will be very, very active.
#5 of 11 Old 11-15-2005, 12:56 PM

I felt Emma at 16 weeks, then not again until 20 something weeks. I felt Seth at about 14 weeks. I think it is possible to feel them much earlier...although I don't know about 7 weeks . Could be ligament stretching or that lovely gas! But you know, I'd rather think it was my baby than gas, so just say it is!!!

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#6 of 11 Old 11-15-2005, 03:03 PM

With my first, I felt movement between 16-18 weeks....my last pg, I felt very early...like 12 weeks...

I think with each pg, it get sooner...at least that is my experience!!! This is my 5th pg....so who knows!!!!
#7 of 11 Old 11-15-2005, 05:52 PM

With my first I started feeling regular movement at 20 weeks, though I felt him roll over once at 18 weeks.

With my second it was shortly after I finished my 16th week.

With my third it was between 17 and 18 weeks.

I'm pretty sure that I felt it before then with all my kids, but it's so hard to determine what is really fetal movement amongst all that gas that I like to make sure I know what I'm feeling is really the baby.
#8 of 11 Old 11-15-2005, 07:56 PM

16 weeks for me last time....it was on a plane as we were on our way to visit my husband's family. I practically jumped out of my seat. A little inner turbulence!
#9 of 11 Old 11-21-2005, 07:17 PM

Remember it isn't just the baby that moves. Besides gas, there's the fact that your uterus is pushing all your other ogans around in there as it grows. One of the most surreal experiences for me being pregnant was hearing my stomach growl--from in between my ribs!

I suspect my uterus grows a lot my first few weeks with amniotic fluid because I consistently weight 10lbs more than usual the day I find out I'm pregnant, and I want water even though I show symptoms of dehydration.
#10 of 11 Old 11-21-2005, 08:15 PM

I have one noisy baby at 6 weeks!!!

Oh wait that is just gas...
#11 of 11 Old 09-02-2014, 06:42 AM

Exclamation am I pregnat?

I'm not sure if I'm pregnant. Can some one help me,,,, the 16th of july was my date to go for the 3month injection,I didn't go. Its 7 weeks later and I do feel movement in my stomach. I did a pregnancy test but it showed neg.I remember with my first child,when doing the test about 4 it didn't show and the last one showed very light.its like something inside the tummy that kicks,or there is movement,I was lying on the bed and music was playing next door ,I could feel batterflys in my tummy then my hole budy feels if I get chicken pops. It went on for a few minits,that it went and come . What can this be? I'm moody and iritated,snaps for nothing.its swellen underneeth,my brest is sensitive.headache and feel dissy sometimes.I didn't start with my menstruation yet,it looks like brown blood that comes out but as so little and it was gone,once there was light brown slime .but there's nothing more exept the movement.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page