The computer makes me feel sick! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-30-2005, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The past couple weeks my m/s has kicked in (just nausea) and is in full swing starting at 8 weeks (the full upchucking episodes!). Well, whenever I'm having a bad day and I can't do much of anything, I spend my time on the computer. Now I associate being on the computer with nausea! I sometimes get nauseous just walking in to the same room as the computer (usually only when it is on and I can hear its "hum"!).

Anyone else have these associations?

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-01-2005, 03:15 AM

SO glad you mentioned this! Actually, for whatever reason, my wedding rings are doing that for me, every time I go to put them on (after showering, or cleaning them). I get a little wave of queasiness. The weirdest thing! And it's not even like they're that tight (yet!), but my brain associates being restricted (like my waistband), and of course that triggers my queasiness. Ha ha ha!

(for those of you who may wonder if it's some sort of psychosomatic marriage/relationship issue, rest assured it happens with any other rings, too! )
#3 of 4 Old 12-01-2005, 03:17 AM

It could also be increased sensitivity to the refresh rate of your monitor. If you're feeling nauseated already the nearly invisible flickering can cause things to get worse.
#4 of 4 Old 12-01-2005, 05:13 AM

Popping in from January From about weeks 11 to 22, I couldn't use the computer almost any at all. It truly made me nauseous. I could stomache it for maybe 5-10 minutes a day, tops. I got alitlte more housework done, but not really Hope youfeel better soon!!

Namaste, Tara

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page