Fissures and Hemorrhoids - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-14-2005, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Am I the only one with this problem? Seriously, I've had them soooo bad since I gave birth to dd but now their back with a vengance - even with soft poops (TMI, I know). Tell me I'm not freakishly odd because I want to cry evrytime I poop!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 12-14-2005, 11:39 AM

You are certainly not alone! I don't have fissures (but I used to), but I do have hemorrhoids and I HATE IT! It's ichty as hell! : And it has gotten worse since the day I found out I was PG.
I have this Avenoc ointment at home and use it sometimes, when I remember. It does bring some relief. They also make suppositories (sp?).

Other then that - I don't have any advice. They recoment some very adstringent herbs to put on it, but I can't remember which one it is now.
#3 of 5 Old 12-21-2005, 06:59 PM

I deal with the fissures and hemmorhoids off and on even when I'm not pregnant. Sometimes I think that the fissures are sort of like the adult version of diaper rash. Sometimes I get mild intestinal bugs that really don't bother me other than I think they make my poop more acidic (and slightly less firm -- tmi, I know) and result in some fissures.

I wish I had a miracle cure for you, cause I haven't really found anything that makes much of a difference. :
#4 of 5 Old 12-21-2005, 10:35 PM

There are homeopathic reemdies that indicate fissures:

GRAPHITES - hemorrhoids and fissures with very dry rectal ( I am sorry I am translating and I can't think of better word for "anal" area ). Mucus coming out, itchy.

NITRICUM ACIDUM and PAEONIA- fissures with pain, that feels like thorn. Pain lasts for a long time after emptying.

RATANHIA - burning pain, long after emptying the bowels. Fissures and hemorrhoids - better with cold or very hot bath.

I know that cream I posted earlier has PAENIA in it. It does help if you use it regurally.
#5 of 5 Old 12-22-2005, 05:11 PM

Fissures are generally a sign of zinc deficiency. I would (carefully) up your intake which is essential during pregnanacy anyway. Also, the best treatment I've found for either is Tamanu oil applied topically. The stuff is amazing and any skin tears (or acne, or scratches or burns etc.) Good luck! I get mine at Mountain Rose Herbals.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page