What are you craving? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 45 Old 12-19-2005, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so desparate for balsamic vinegar... I'd put it on just about anything right now. My hubby makes a great salad with mixed greens, steak, goat cheese, caramelized onions, and balsamic that is to die for. I'm hungry just thinking about it. I think for dinner tonight, we're having pasta with tomatoes, broccoli, mozzarella, and balsamic. LOL I'm obsessed! So what are you craving?
#2 of 45 Old 12-19-2005, 03:37 PM

Sounds yummy!! I've been chowing those little Clementine oranges. Can't get enough of them!!
#3 of 45 Old 12-19-2005, 03:51 PM

well all i want to eat is fruit (good) and crumpets with lashings of butter & jam (not so good but soooooooo nice).
I've got really funny about eating anything else - especially veggies and since i read about how much sodium is in cornflakes i can't eat those without them tasting of salt.

Mummy to T 06/04, L 08/06, R 08/09
:
#4 of 45 Old 12-19-2005, 03:52 PM

Cheeseburgers, gummy candy, apples.
#5 of 45 Old 12-19-2005, 04:40 PM

Rachel, that salad sounds heavenly. I have been eating these roasted veggie and hummus wraps for a few days for lunch. It is good with balsamic too! I am over my bad eating habits, thank goodness. I can eat veggies again-yippee!

mama to Joshua (9), Lily (8), Jude (6) and Ava (6)

#6 of 45 Old 12-19-2005, 04:58 PM

My cravings aren't as stron as they were few weeks ago, but I still do crave anything with mayonaise or tartar sauce!
And to my surprise I am NOT craving sweets, at all! My cravings for sweets stopped with my pregnancy
#7 of 45 Old 12-19-2005, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm craving dairy, especially cheese! Cheeseburgers, cheddar cheese on crackers, mac & cheese, cheese dogs... the list goes on! I'm hoping that I'll wake up one morning and DS will have magically gotten over his dairy sensitivity, but I'm not holding my breath.

Chaotic uc.jpg homeschool.gif mama to 5 plus a bonus one on the way.  stork-suprise.gif

chicken3.gif

#8 of 45 Old 12-19-2005, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalaiMama
I am so desparate for balsamic vinegar... I'd put it on just about anything right now. My hubby makes a great salad with mixed greens, steak, goat cheese, caramelized onions, and balsamic that is to die for. I'm hungry just thinking about it. I think for dinner tonight, we're having pasta with tomatoes, broccoli, mozzarella, and balsamic. LOL I'm obsessed! So what are you craving?
oh man yum. I feel kind of dumb asking but is this a room temperature thing? The cheese is just cubed? How do you find good tomatoes in dec?
#9 of 45 Old 12-19-2005, 05:24 PM

The salad description is making my mouth water!

I can't get enough berries/granola/organic plain yogurt. I eat it everyday, sometimes twice. And I'm such a cheesefiend too Ladybug! For lunch I had a grilled cheese sandwich and then for a second lunch I had a bean and cheese burrito.

And I'm off sweets too. They make my stomach turn! Give me fruit all day long though!

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#10 of 45 Old 12-19-2005, 05:33 PM
~pi

Citrus fruits and berries.

I'm also really, really enjoying tomatoes, peppers, and eggs.

Yesterday I made some whole wheat bread, and I swear, there is very little that tastes more wonderful to me than a slice of still-warm homemade bread with a little butter.

I'm still craving Egg McMuffins but haven't had one yet, only because it's too much of a pain to get to a McDonald's from where I live/work. If there were one nearby I'm sure I would have caved by now.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#11 of 45 Old 12-19-2005, 06:00 PM

bacon i haven't had it for years, but now can't get enough of it's salty fatty goodness.

pi: i don't think i've ever had an egg mcmuffin, but yesterday dh made me fried egg w/ bacon tomato & avacado on an english muffin--heaven!! maybe close to a mcmuffin? so if you can't get to mcdonalds, maybe you can convince someone to make you one

i also still can't get enough oj, but am not fighting it to switch for water yet b/c i am still a nauseated puker so am going to ride it out before i try to get real healthy!
#12 of 45 Old 12-19-2005, 06:15 PM

I am craving tangerine juice, pomagranites, Wholefoods bakery spelt bread, and Wholefoods crab salad. I also ate some mint chocolate chip icecream the other night...the WHOLE container! I can never buy it again, or I will be addicted.

Thats pretty much it for me. I have been feeling horrible for the past few weeks and the foods I listed avove are pretty much the only things that dont make me gag.

~Deborah in Colorado
#13 of 45 Old 12-19-2005, 06:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjalo
oh man yum. I feel kind of dumb asking but is this a room temperature thing? The cheese is just cubed? How do you find good tomatoes in dec?
No, we eat it warm, with the broccoli steamed and then shredded mozz so that it melts and gets all gooey. We also add a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Yum. Although, I've eaten it at room temp and it's still great. It's really hit or miss on the tomatoes, but I can usually find good heirloom tomatoes at Whole Foods, even this time of year.
#14 of 45 Old 12-19-2005, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi
I'm still craving Egg McMuffins but haven't had one yet, only because it's too much of a pain to get to a McDonald's from where I live/work. If there were one nearby I'm sure I would have caved by now.
Oh man, this sounds fabulously bad for me.... I'm trying to think if there's a McD's on the way home from Mylo's preschool now.
#15 of 45 Old 12-19-2005, 07:02 PM

peanut butter and spicy foods.

and now ... veggies with balsamic vinegar ... thanx ...

#16 of 45 Old 12-19-2005, 08:13 PM

nothing. still got the icks...

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#17 of 45 Old 12-19-2005, 08:46 PM

Seriously - frozen sweet peas and spinach. I eat spinach with everything, I can't get enough. I changed a poopy spinach diaper and started to crave spinach and artichoke dip. How messed up is that?
#18 of 45 Old 12-19-2005, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade2561
Seriously - frozen sweet peas and spinach. I eat spinach with everything, I can't get enough. I changed a poopy spinach diaper and started to crave spinach and artichoke dip. How messed up is that?

honestly, i went through about 5 lbs of spinach and kale a couple of weeks ago. it was astonishing. i wonder what's up with that?
#19 of 45 Old 12-19-2005, 09:01 PM

Hotdogs - gross I know. I haven't had one yet. I can eat veggies now, thank goodness! They were making me want to puke a couple weeks ago! I really wanted a salad tonight with meat, cheese, the works. Instead I had a baked potato with broccoli, salsa, cheddar cheese and sour cream. It was OK. And now I'm having a tootsie roll pop for dessert. Nothing like some good high fructose corn syrup!
#20 of 45 Old 12-19-2005, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdiva
Sounds yummy!! I've been chowing those little Clementine oranges. Can't get enough of them!!
Me too! We have gone through 2 crates of them in the past week.

Ashley~certified nurse-midwife mama to 6 little novaxnocirc.gifhomebirth.jpglotbirth.gif loves, including sweet Cordelia Jane born at home waterbirth.jpgon 11/12/10.
#21 of 45 Old 12-19-2005, 10:28 PM

Milk! It doesn't matter white, chocolate, strawberry......the more the better. The other day I had to pull over at the nearest gas station and buy a pint of milk and I chugged it! I guess there are worse things to be craving, but for someone who never could drink milk by the glass.....this is a first!

Tricia, married to DH. 2MC's & 4 yrs ttc...finally mom to Andrew6/06 and Benjamin 10/09. Adopted bro & sis 2002. My 2 fav. words: Spay and Neuter! I'm an Ultimate Viewer, 2010!

#22 of 45 Old 12-20-2005, 01:17 AM

What am I NOT craving?!?! Soapdiva - I LOVE Clemetines!!! My ds can't get enough of them either!!! YUMMY!!!
We made up our menu for the next 2 weeks the other day and I specifically requested roast and mashed potatoes and Ham (not together) to be on the menu. YUMMY!!! I am craving cocoa puffs, so I eat them at bed time! Um, black cherry koolaid, and Chinese. I had Thai last weekend and we ordered out for Chinese tonight. I can't get enough of the asian food!!!
Mmm...spinach and artichoke dip...that sounds DIVINE!!!!!!!!!! Ooh, and Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream...you ladies are KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#23 of 45 Old 12-20-2005, 04:44 AM
~pi

The one thing I've noticed is that now that I'm no longer feeling so queasy (sorry that isn't the case for you, Kelly!), I am very suggestible. After reading this thread, I could really go for some more clementines, a warm salad with balsamic and some bacon. (Thanks, tigress!) Of course, I don't want to make any of this, but if someone were to bring it to me, I would chow down.

I've also noticed that even though I am having intense desires for specific foods, there isn't really anything I've craved yet that I wouldn't eat normally. Even the Egg McMuffin falls into this category ... we used to get them when I was a kid. I just seem to want more of everything, and more often!

Oh, and I forgot to list these earlier but my DH reminded me of a few more that I've requested multiple times: grapes, vegetarian sushi and samosas. (Although I kind of overdid it on the samosas as soon as I could eat without wanting to hurl, and now I really don't want them any more.)

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#24 of 45 Old 12-20-2005, 09:50 AM

Ham and swiss deli sandwiches. The other day I craved a cup of water which is totally bizarre b/c I hate water and have to force myself to drink it!
#25 of 45 Old 12-20-2005, 10:58 AM

koolaid- Everytime I go to the store I stop at the koolaid section because I've been meaning to buy some to dye a soaker I just knitted. And I always pass by because I find myself drooling for it and I know that if it were in the house I would make it and drink it. And if it can dye wool I don't want it in my tummy! But I really want it. Is it really that bad? If I make it with half sugar? Will someone give me permission to drink it?

#26 of 45 Old 12-20-2005, 12:42 PM

I'm not giving permission, but it's no worse than an ordinary popsicle. Of course, you probably get more dye with koolade. Dilute it with some soda water or something - or juice?
#27 of 45 Old 12-20-2005, 01:04 PM

good idea, benjalo. I can make my own weak version of koolaid soda. At least with koolaid you can regulate the amount of sugar you put in it. Anything to get the fluids in. I've been kind of dehydrated lately.

#28 of 45 Old 12-24-2005, 05:47 PM

The only thing I am craving so far is avacodos and guacamole.. weird I know - And not so healthy... But thats it for me!!!
#29 of 45 Old 12-26-2005, 07:05 PM

Have any of you seen the egg mc muffin maker you can get for your house? I kept seeing it advertised on television last week. It looks like a toaster, but it has a place to cook an egg and the canadian bacon I guess. They say it takes about four minutes -- can't beat that in the morning.

Of course, I'm only about three minutes away from two different McDonalds, and they've been getting way to much of my money lately -- it's the breakfast burritos, I'm telling you.

I have been craving salad lately (mmmmm, balsamic) but have had to skip it due to the horrid abdominal bloating that was the result. I gave in and had one the other night and it was fabulous!!!!! The nice thing is that the bloating has subsided so I can eat salad and popcorn again.
#30 of 45 Old 12-26-2005, 08:51 PM

I think you guys and your talk of egg mc muffins caused my dream the other night. We were at a restaurant and I really wanted an egg mc muffin bad and when my order came, I was dismayed as my sandwich was not resembling an egg mc muffin at all. There was a sesame seed bun with tomato, lettuce, ham and some other stuff and it was double decker. I took a bite but sent it back saying I wanted an original egg mc muffin. The waitress brought another out and it was the exact same thing. I was in tears and so upset. I said to her " You don't understand.....I have to have the original egg mc muffin. I'm pregnant!" Sob. Never got one in the dream and still haven't had on in real life either though it still sounds tasty.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page