Mothering Forum banner

Huge Belly Syndrom

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  beautyful 
#1 ·
Anyone else feel like their belly is way bigger than it was at this point last time around? I am about 4 months but I swear I look more like 5 or 6 months. I have an appt. w/ my midwife next wednesday and she'll take a fundal measurement, but I feel like the top of my uterus is higher than 16 or 17 cm above my pubic bone. I have no idea how much weight I've gained b/c I swore off the scale this pregnancy, but I don't feel bigger anywhere else-- just my gigantic belly. If I could figure out how to post a picture, I would so you ladies could tell me what you think.

#2 ·
I'm about the size now at almost 13 weeks that I was with Sebastian at about 19 weeks. My belly is very full looking and really rounding out. My uterus is WAY up out of my pelvis as well now. Third pregnancies I guess LOL. I've gained 7 pounds already (thank you ice cream!!) so I'm sure that's contributing LOL

#3 ·
I really felt like I was much bigger this time around, but I measured around my waist at my belly button and I'm exactly the same as I was with my third pregnancy. I was a bit smaller with my second because I was ten pound lighter at the start, and with the first because it was my first, but by about 20 weeks I was the same with all of them. So that made me feel good that I'm not as big as I think. I'm just looking forward to the pouch being baby, rather than all the stuff that the baby has pushed out of the way. Dh will come up and rub my tummy at and above my belly button and I have to remind him that the baby is a few inches lower than that.

#6 ·
Tell me about it! I finally had an appt today with my doc (at 13 weeks) and I had this strange anxiety she would tell me I'm actually not pregnant. And I would just be staring at this giant belly thinking, OMG, if it's not baby, what IS it?
Heard the heartbeat, phew!

It really feels ridiculous though to be this big. It is like every pregnancy my belly at this point gets exponentially bigger. I swear I look six months pregnant and I'm exclusively in maternity besides home sweats etc. At 13 week! Crazy.

#9 ·
I'm smaller this time too. Noone can even tell I'm pregnant yet. Those who know are always saying, "shouldn't you be showing by now?"
I was with my first two, lemme tell ya! Now I'm not even in maternity clothes yet-odd because I weigh less now than I did will my last. My pre-prg weight with ds was 145, with dd it was 175 (they're not very far apart) and now I'm about 150. I'm guessing I'll be showing really soon though.

#11 ·
Steph, you look like you've lost quite a bit of weight overall from your first pregnancy to this one! Way to go!!!!! You look great in both, but I was amazed at how thin your face and arms look in this pic compared to last time.

With my second pregnancy I was barely out of my size 5 jeans at this point and was smaller than with my first pregnancy, but I was also 10lbs lighter than with my first, third or fourth pregnancies. However, by 20 weeks I measure exactly the same. At least I'm consistent.

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by beautyful
Scarily enough, I'm smaller this time!

Here's a comparison photo (pregnant with Adia on the left and this baby on the right) Undies are visible in that picture, so if that offends, don't click.
(But no bare body parts!)

I was 15w3d with Adia, and 14w6d with this little one.
It also looks like you lost a bit of weight between pregnancies. I was about 10 lbs. lighter when I began this pregnancy and I am also smaller with this one than I was with Aidan. Which is strange because I had heard that the skinnier you are, the bigger your belly by comparison.

The funny part is, I spent a second or two looking at your belly, then a few more squinting closely at your tank top, wondering "Do I have that shirt??"

#15 ·
Oh yeah, I definitely lost a lot of weight (~60 lbs. - pregnancy and breastfeeding is apparently THE weight loss plan for me
)

Beth - Thanks!

AidansMommy - I figured I'd pop out more this time too, because I didn't think it'd have anywhere to hide! And I doubt you have the shirt, unless you've lived in Central VA.
It has the logo from here on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.