Confession time, again... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I'm unabashedly stealing this from the June DDC where I was lurking at baby announcements. But, anyway, anybody else have any late pregnancy confessions they'd care to share???
Mine are:
- I'd KILL for a glass of white wine now that it's feeling summery out.
- I'll kill my husband if he once more tells me how tired he is. And I secretly resent whenever he comes home and gets on the computer to do more work.
- I'm sick of people saying one of two things: "You're HUGE--you're going to go any day now!" or "You're tiny for having twins--are you eating enough?" (Don't people know by now that the only comment they should EVER make to a pg woman is to say, "You look wonderful!"?!?)
- I want to smack my MIL every time she says that I'll "go" around 35 weeks b/c there's no more room for the babies to grow--um, that's a bit too early for my taste; I'd rather them not spend time in the NICU, no matter how uncomfortable I get.
- I get a large vanilla milkshake from Carl's Jr. or Sonic after every OB appt...and I LOVE IT!
- I'm sure I'll think of more as time goes on, but for now...YOUR TURN!

Cindi, mama to Hannah (7/04) :, Eli & Sam (6/06) :
#2 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 12:24 PM

-Totally with ya on the DH being tired. I woke up to pee FIVE times last night, after having contractions all afternoon, evening and still having them while *trying* to sleep. I looked at him and said, "Go away."

-I have a pickle for dessert after every meal LOL

-When I get off work, after walking 1/4 mile to get to my car (ok so its not THAT far but in the southern heat it sure as heck feels like 4 miles!!!!), if I forgot to grab my water on the way out, I head to Sonic and get me an Ocean Water

-Also sick of people telling me that the way I'm looking now (i'm short so I show BIG time) I won't last the entire 40 weeks-THANKS for the encouragement!!!!!
#3 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Don't people know by now that the only comment they should EVER make to a pg woman is to say, "You look wonderful!"?!?
What great advice to give to any and all who come in to contact with PG women!

After my m/w appts I make it my treat to go to Burger King for a Whopper (I know they are horrible for me, but they sure do taste good!).

My goal is to exercise 3x/wk, but I'm lucky to make it once!

DH has more PG symptoms than I do right now (nausea, gagging, tired, food aversions and cravings ...). I give him NO sympathy!

For the first time this entire PGcy I have had the biggest sweet tooth ... ice cream, cookies, chocolate ... I can't get enough. I hope this craving ends soon!

I forget to take my prenatals about 2x/wk. When I'm not PG I forget them about 2x/month!

I know I'll have to add more to this thread later!! I can't think of more right now.

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
#4 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 12:36 PM

- I'm with you about your "tired" dh. If my dh coes home and naps while I make dinner/unload groceries/ and care for our precious daughter AFTER a day of 2 hours in the hot sun and grocery shopping with toddler and cleaning the house I will probably punch him. Dude - you work in an air conditioned office and you get a comfy chair and potty breaks - get up and help me!!

- I got to Zios Italian after every mw appointment and get an Italian sub, a big bowl of pasta and a coke :

- I don't need a glass of wine but geez as soon as this baby emerges from my womb I am sending my dh to Starbucks to get me a huge iced capp. with whipped cream!
#5 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 12:37 PM

I'm with you on the dh is tired thing. Mine will fall asleep on the sofa and tell me how tired he is. Yeah, well he still sleeps through the night and I don't. I really don't want to hear it.

I'm with you on the size thing too. I either hear that I am huge or my belly is tiny. It drives me crazy!

Oh and I'd love a Strawberry Daquiri right now. With the weather getting warmer, it would be great.

I've been forgetting my prenatals, too and the extra iron I'm supposed to be taking. I really have to work on that one!
#6 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 01:32 PM

This looks fun.

-I drink Kombucha tea at least once a week, but in my defensive I've really cut down from pre pregnancy use.

-I have dreams about not knowing who the father is, and running through a list of all my exes. (The father is my DH-not sure why I cant remember that when Im sleeping)

-Despite my DH's wishes I carry my four year old stepdaughter as much as possible. We are the best of friends, its hard to not hold her.

-I started my maternity leave ASAP-they give 12 weeks-but little do they know I will not be going back. I need the insurance during the birth-which means the baby better be here by August 4th. (due July 20th)

-I compromised my original birth plan and will be having the baby at the birth center, not at home, because my insurance will not cover it otherwise.

I know theres more-but am too sleepy to think coherently. (Does anyone else wake up every 3 hours?)
#7 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 01:52 PM

ash-same here with not going back to work after the baby. I need the insurance thru birth and really need the short-term disability once she is here.
#8 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 02:02 PM

--I keep sniffing the Kahlua bottle and I can't wait to have some!!!!!!
--I had 2 decaf lattes from Starbucks this week
--I've been eating WAY too much chocolate recently
--I want to punch dh in the face everytime he says he keeps forgetting I'm even pregnant. It is very evident in the lack of spoiling I'm receiving!!!
--I laughed at the exercise thread because I've totally slacked off recently
--I have a giant to-do list and I keep avoiding doing anything at all on it
#9 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 02:34 PM

- what's up with the sleepy DHs? Mine is too.

- I really do want a girl

- pre-whats?

- a 2nd trimester pg friend was shocked I was eating blue cheese dressing (uh, it was pasturized) and I said, well, I still eat lunchmeat (I don't eat it often & feel the risk of listeriosis is pretty small)- she had no clue WHY she "shouldn't" eat it, just that her dr said not to. I kept my mouth shut about the big plastic cup she was lugging around to drink her 'recommended' amount of water from - guess she hasn't heard about pthalates.

Alaskan Mom to 2 boys
#10 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 04:12 PM

Forgive me MDC for I have sinned....it has been 10 years since my last confession.....:

- I never wanted a boy. My husband did, and everyone thought I was okay with either one, but I secretly wanted a girl from the get go. And we are having one, so hurray for me!

- I love coffee. I still have one or two decafs a week.

- I am almost not ashamed to say that because of our work lives, we eat out WAY to much. And it has gotten really bad since the pregnancy started.

- I secretly get enjoyment out of the fact that my family sorta sees me as the black sheep with our kooky no vacs, no circ ect lifestyle.

- I have a hard time fitting in all of the water that's recommended. I pee enough, it's hard to want to pee more. I get about 66 oz in a day typically, and sometimes get more. But that's about it.

- Sometimes, I think that I am the one causing all of the complications with my pregnancy, and I have to go have a little mental breakdown about it, without anyone knowing, usually in a restroom right after my OB appointments. It makes me very sad, and I have never told anyone that. I know that I am not causing anything, but I worry that I did something to put her through this, and it worries me that I will be a bad mother because of it. Don't worry, I'm not as crazy as that just sounded.

- I love chocolate and sweets, and have been a regular 'subscriber to these delight's' from the start of the pregnancy.

Three bloody mary's oughta do the trick - Oh now I am just kidding.
#11 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sewaneecook
I forget to take my prenatals about 2x/wk.
Same with me. I always feel bad about that.

Some days I barely drink more than a glass of water.

I drank 4 sips out of dh's corona last night (when he was out of the room. he only lets me have one)

I feel like no one is excited about my baby but me. And it makes me feel self centered.

I slouch when I should be sitting up straight to keep him in good position.

I've been slacking on my hypnobabies course.

I poke the baby way too much

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#12 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 05:01 PM

- I have a half cup of real coffee maybe 3-4 times a week in the morning
before work.

-I have been eating a lot of ice cream and more sweets than usual.

-I have discovered the tastiness that is Take Five candy bars and was
eating one a day for about 5 days.

-I've had red wine and a few swallows of beer all along and have been
craving a big fat, giant margarita from El Paisano's and will have one soon
after the birth.

-I've been slacking off on my yoga DVD and my intention to go swimming.

-I am looking forward to maternity leave prior to having the baby just to
have some quality reading and getting things ready time.
#13 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 06:03 PM

~I've had the WORST sweet-tooth for the past week. And I keep caving!
~I've had several chai tea lattes...from Starbucks!
#14 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 06:19 PM

Wow...ummm...you ladies are saints! If the worst you can come up with is decaf and a sip of beer, I don't know that I should say anything - I might be banned.
#15 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 06:20 PM

I admit I am really glad that someone started this thread here - I've been jealous of June and August.
#16 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 06:43 PM

great thread! ok, i really really want a margarita!
i'd love to sleep thru the night again (but ha! that won't happen for years, i know).
i too forget my prenatals a couple times a week-bad mama already!
and man am i missing out on the treats after the doc appts-i'll have to change that next week!
i'll be back with more...and miss juice, fess up sweetie!

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#17 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 06:52 PM
~pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabbathD
- Sometimes, I think that I am the one causing all of the complications with my pregnancy, and I have to go have a little mental breakdown about it, without anyone knowing, usually in a restroom right after my OB appointments. It makes me very sad, and I have never told anyone that. I know that I am not causing anything, but I worry that I did something to put her through this, and it worries me that I will be a bad mother because of it. Don't worry, I'm not as crazy as that just sounded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice
Wow...ummm...you ladies are saints! If the worst you can come up with is decaf and a sip of beer, I don't know that I should say anything - I might be banned.
:

- I have not done a single kegel. The muscles are getting plenty of, er, exercise, though and they're, um, really strong.

- I am still riding my bike, much to the apparent disgust of the people on the street who yell at me. DH would never give me grief about it, but I know it worries him. I am much more cautious than usual and plan my routes differently, but I just can't give it up completely. It's one of the few things that makes me feel good and normal.

- I really, really, really want to stay at home for the birth. The only way to do that would be to refuse to go to the hospital as per my MW's recommendation. I worry that that would put her in an awkward situation (although she has assured me that it would be fine) and I also worry because objectively, for me, it would be a riskier choice than going to the hospital. But it's such an appealing idea, especially given the issues I'm having with some of my HCPs.

- I've been having little internal chats with the babe to tell him or her that although I would love to just give him or her all the time s/he needs to get ready to come out, my hands are kind of tied and it would really make things easier if s/he would come on day X.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#18 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 09:59 PM

Oh yeah, I've been going in the hot tub to warm up after swimming. :
#19 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Alright I'll fess up. I've had the occasional glass of wine when my back really really hurt. It's way better than Tylenol.

I drink a cup of coffee every day - the real stuff. Couldn't stand it my first trimester, but as soon as it started smelling good again I picked my habit back up.

I was lying on my back on a regular basis until two weeks ago when I noticed that I couldn't breathe in that position.

I have not been eating my veggies like I did with my first DD. And I hit the Easter candy hard this year. If this kid is a picky sweet-lover it's totally my fault!

I carry my 30-pound toddler all the time.

That's all my sins for now
#20 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 10:07 PM

Oh yeah, one more. I've threatened to punch anyone who utters the phrase "haven't you had that baby yet!?"
#21 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire
I drink a cup of coffee every day - the real stuff. Couldn't stand it my first trimester, but as soon as it started smelling good again I picked my habit back up.
LOL. Thank you. While I did give up my liter-a-day Mt. Dew habit, I still drink a caffeinated soda a few times a week!!

I can't wait for that first post-birth margarita!

Mrs. S - Crunchy child of The King, Wife to my best friend, and Mama to my many blessings.

#22 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 10:25 PM

OK, Quagmire, you can be my friend

-I drink a cup of regular coffee every morning. I get up half an hour before I have to so I can sit in peace, before I get the kids up and get everybody ready for school and work, and I drink a cup of coffee and catch up on MDC. You'll always see posts by me between 6:30 and 7:00 am for this reason.

- I haven't taken a prenatal vitamin in weeks. OK months. OK I never took them. I've supplemented certain things (folic acid, the B's, whatever I feel my diet is lacking) but I've not even done those in the past few weeks.

-I was also lying on my back until recently, when I discovered I couldn't breathe.

-I still wedge pillows under me and lie on my stomach.

-I carry my toddler all the time, but I make DH carry everything else.

-I wear the same four shirts to work every week. I used to try to remember if this is the same shirt I wore last Monday, but I no longer care. I have decided that my patients are lucky I show up at all, and the shower I took was a bonus for them.

-I really really want a glass of wine, so I am going to have one right now.
#23 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabbathD
Sometimes, I think that I am the one causing all of the complications with my pregnancy, and I have to go have a little mental breakdown about it, without anyone knowing, usually in a restroom right after my OB appointments. It makes me very sad, and I have never told anyone that. I know that I am not causing anything, but I worry that I did something to put her through this, and it worries me that I will be a bad mother because of it. Don't worry, I'm not as crazy as that just sounded.
It doesn’t sound crazy at all. It’s called being a mother. But pace yourself! This is just the first of a lifetime of moments where you may feel like you’re damaging your child, or not being a good enough mom. The fact that you worry at all shows how much you love the kid already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus.blossom
I slouch when I should be sitting up straight to keep him in good position.
Me too! And I really should be more vigilant, since ds was a posterior birth, which I can thank for the wicked back labor. :
#24 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 11:10 PM

Quote:
-I wear the same four shirts to work every week. I used to try to remember if this is the same shirt I wore last Monday, but I no longer care. I have decided that my patients are lucky I show up at all, and the shower I took was a bonus for them.
Thank you. I peed my pants when I read that. I gotta go change now.

I too have the 4 shirt wardrobe at this point. Now that I have soiled on of them, I am down to three, and I wasn't gonna do laundry this weekend. Thanks a lot.

#25 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 11:23 PM

What a great thread...Let's see...

*I just finished eating a Filet-o-Fish sandwich and fries from McDonald's

*I never cook anymore, just spend $10-20 a day on whatever I am craving for lunch.

*I have a closet full of cute newborn girlie clothes that i don't plan to wash.

*I drink unsweetened iced tea ALL day long, probably way over the caffeine limit.

*I secretly feel superior to other moms who I see giving their babies a bottle.:

*I haven't eaten any meat except fish since last July, but I crave deli meat sandwiches EVERY day...haven't caved in yet though

*I cleaned the litter box yesterday because DF had the flu and the house stank like pee.

*I want to get rid of my one cat because for some reason I just don't like him and he annoys me, even though he causes no trouble and is the best cat ever compared to my other two trouble-making demon cats who I love- I am a terrible person!

*I crave Pepsi and sometimes drink it.

*I have no desire to clean my house, and expect my DF to do it when he gets home from working 8 hours of hard manual labor when i have been sitting on my a*$ all day reading MDC!

*I am practically glued to my computer.

*I spend WAY too much time on MDC

*I am thrilled to be having a girl, and don't think I would be as excited if I was having a boy.

*I am secretly looking forward to being a stay-at-home mom and not having to work and living off DF's income even though I just graduated college and have $80,000 in student loans.

Ok I think I am done for now......hehe

Amy, mommy to Ava, 6, Gavin, 4, Lila, 2, and Baby #4 due in early November! joy.gif
#26 of 171 Old 05-25-2006, 11:44 PM

Oh boy howdy!!!!

-I am ready to sell my son to the gypsies!!! If I have to chase a 2 year old ONE MORE TIME into the street or through the mall (and have people laugh at me and not even THINK to stop him) I will SCREAM!!!!!
However..my husband has taken on more responsibility with ds and is letting me sleep alone in our king size bed, ah it is heaven!

-I LOVE my ice cream!!! I went to DQ today after my chiro appointment and got a chocolate cone dipped in butterscotch. It was divine!

-7-11 has really good chocolate donuts...they go great with dr. pepper! :

-I wholeheartedly agree with the, "Are you SURE there's not twins in there????" or "You are SO BIG"!!! No? Really??? At least I have an EXCUSE for being this big!!!! :

-I am not eating so healthy this time. Veggies just don't do it for me. Give me popcicles and watermelon and brownies and ice cream everyday...I'm a happy girl.

-Exercise????? Hmm....I think I abandoned that one in March.

-I really want to start using EPO at 37 weeks (in 2 weeks!!!!) because I am sick of being pregnant and being sore.

-I am done...done...done!

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#27 of 171 Old 05-26-2006, 12:00 AM

I have never taken a prenatal vitamin

I want to sell my children...to whomever

I want a girl

I love donuts (though they have to be GF because I have celiac disease and they cost $7 for 6 donuts)

I was a saint for the first 2 trimesters and now all I want to eat is raw meat and aforementioned donuts

I haven't washed a single baby anything and I don't want to

I spend alot of time yelling from the couch. My 2 and 3 year old just drive me batty

We're moving in three weeks and I haven't packed a thing

I wake up on my back every morning (how does that happen????)

I feel like a bad mama and that I have no business having another. We can't afford it and I didn't want to have another at all, let alone now. I am being very negative and cranky with everyone and have no idea what I'm going to do in another 6 weeks
#28 of 171 Old 05-26-2006, 12:28 AM

'kay-- here goes!

-i've still been occasionally eating sushi (although i am a little more careful about which types)
-i am secretly hoping at this point to give birth around 37 weeks (only a week and a half away) and no longer care if i make it to 40 b/c the twins are huge and soooooo low and like someone else said: "I am done, done, done!"
-my stretch marks have stretch marks
-i am also still picking up my almost 30 lb. toddler although not quite as much anymore
-i would also seriously contemplate homocide for a glass of white wine
-i don't think i'm going to call my mom to come over during the birth after all because one of the babies is breech and i don't think i can handle her not handling being around for that when it happens
-i've deliberately let my kitchen floor get pretty gross because at 37 weeks i'm going to get down on my hands and knees and scrub it in the hopes of encouraging the babies to come
-i crave ice water and chew the ice all day long (at least i'm getting my water intake )

Crunchy Mama to the Triad of Chaos-- DD1 (9/03) & the Twinadoes- DS and DD2 (6/06)
#29 of 171 Old 05-26-2006, 01:03 AM
~pi

Another confession:

- I do a number of the things people have listed here as "confessions" and I would never even think to feel guilty about them.

Jessica, your list cracked me up!

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#30 of 171 Old 05-26-2006, 01:33 AM

Can I tell you how much I love this thread? Okay, some of my favorite quotes so far (thanks, mamas - you made my day! ):

Quote:
...I wear the same four shirts to work every week. I used to try to remember if this is the same shirt I wore last Monday, but I no longer care. I have decided that my patients are lucky I show up at all, and the shower I took was a bonus for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefaery
I spend alot of time yelling from the couch…
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stTimeMummytoLore
…my stretch marks have stretch marks…
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stTimeMummytoLore
…i would also seriously contemplate homocide for a glass of white wine…

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page