Baby's position - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 06-04-2006, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My baby has been in a strange position all morning & it is getting a bit painful. His leg is actually sticking out of my upper right side, I can actually see it & put my fingers around it. He is getting very squirmy, like he is stuck & trying to get out of that position. How can I help him do that? Every time I move it seems to get worse. Help! I feel like he is popping out of my uterus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 06-04-2006, 03:21 PM

I have totally had that happen before! and it really hurts after a while! I just tried standing up and rubbing circles on my belly and eventually he moved! Good Luck!
#3 of 11 Old 06-04-2006, 03:23 PM

I am sorry, that sounds painful! I don't have any advice beside GO TO A CHIRO! Really, if you have some subloxations in your spine it will affect your babys position.
#4 of 11 Old 06-04-2006, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I keep trying to rub my belly & get him to ease back in, but he just kicks me right back. I was having a lot of trouble getting comfortable sleeping last night & I think all my moving around might have done this. He has always been a big mover, more than my girls so hopefully he will get himself out of this. Thanks.
#5 of 11 Old 06-04-2006, 04:58 PM

Spinning Babies has some great ideas on how to get babies into a good position. Maybe try some of those to get the little one comfy.
#6 of 11 Old 06-04-2006, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks I am going to try some of their techniques. His leg moved out of the way, but he still doesn't seem to be laying quite right & I feel a lot of squirmy movements.
#7 of 11 Old 06-05-2006, 12:47 AM

Yeah, I don't know. I always have a heel or knee coming out of my right side too. I was thinking this morning of how much I am NOT going to miss that!

Kim, Mama to 4 and 1 more on the way!
#8 of 11 Old 06-05-2006, 01:17 AM

I like to take a warm shower on all fours on the tub floor. It seems to relax everything and make it easier for them to move around. That said, I usually do have a lump of feet sticking out of my right side most of the time.

Emily, cooking allergen free, knitting, reading, gardening Mom to 1 beautiful girl, born in the water on July 1, 2006 Wife to 1 handsome man since September 10, 2005
#9 of 11 Old 06-05-2006, 09:01 AM

I agree - I think lots of hands and knees is good for helping them make adjustments. Even a bit of time with the hips higher than the shoulders, so when you get upright again, they can sink back down into a better position?
#10 of 11 Old 06-06-2006, 02:49 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, so I have done some belly mapping & I think that all that crazy squirming on Sunday was the baby flipping head down & he has stayed that way, but it is very uncomfortable. I am carrying very high this time & it is hard for me to breathe when I am laying down because whatever side I turn to, the baby is right there pushing on me. My other pg's the baby was always low so I never had this before. I am also feeling very nauseous when I lay down partly because it is harder to breathe I think. Is this normal? I have never been concerned with positions in past pregnancies & have never had any problems, but this baby is such a mover that I can't help but notice the constant changes. It does feel a little better when I am on hands & knees or when I lean on a stack of pillows, but I can't sleep that way!! I'm afraid to try anything that might flip him back, but is there anything I can do to push him down? Anyone else awake who can help me??
#11 of 11 Old 06-06-2006, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice_chick
I am also feeling very nauseous when I lay down partly because it is harder to breathe I think. Is this normal?
I'm also carrying very high and get nauseous when lying down. It seems to be worse if I have a snack within an hour of going to bed (but if I don't I wake up in the middle of the night starving!). Usually one side makes me less nauseous (it all depends on the night which side that is!). Lying on my belly over a stack of pillows for the first 15-30 minutes I'm in bed sometimes helps too, I don't know if it gives food more of a chance to settle down or what. I hope you find some comfort!

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page