Anyone NOT feeling ready for baby yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 06-25-2006, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 37 and a half weeks. I went and got most of my birth supplies yesterday and I also got some Primrose Oil. I was all gung ho about it a day or so ago but now I"m looking at the bottle thinking.....I'm not ready for the baby yet!!! We're still having some sleep issues with my almost 2 year old and things just feel too hectic around here. I'm thinking if I hold the baby in for 2-3 more weeks that's fine with me. Is that crazy? Anyone else hoping baby puts off their appearence for a bit yet? :
#2 of 22 Old 06-25-2006, 03:00 PM

I totally understand! I feel like I have to get more things done around the house. If he comes, he comes. I'll be just as happy
#3 of 22 Old 06-25-2006, 03:13 PM

Yes, I am really hoping that I go past my due date (something I have never done before). I have so much to do before he gets here, but I am so tired all the time that nothing ever gets done!
#4 of 22 Old 06-25-2006, 03:23 PM

It's different for me day to day, sometimes even hour to hour! I have no idea where the carseat is, the bassinet/changing area isn't set up yet...there's always something more to do.
#5 of 22 Old 06-25-2006, 05:28 PM

I'm ready as far as the house is concerned. The house is spotless. The tub is set up. All my supplies are ready and waiting in the blanket box. Baby clothes and blankets are washed and ready. Food, snacks, refreshments for me and for any guests are all set. The kids have been well prepared and can't wait for the arrival of the baby.

However, I have a lot of stress going on because of my sister right now and it's all I can think about. I should be thinking about not much other than this upcoming birth. Every time I try to prepare for the birth with some visualization, within a minute, all I am thinking about is her and her problems again. : I feel like this baby is not going to go anywhere until I sit my sister down and get everything off my chest and ask her to take care of her own problems and to leave me and my family out of it. The problem is that she has a typical Irish temper and she will blow off the handle that we're all not taking care of her. (Again, sigh) She is under some delusion that time and time and time and time and time again, we all have some endless obligation to bail her out. Every single one of our family members, her husband's family members and every one of their friends have had it and refuse to help them any more. I have been trying to not rock the boat at least until I have the baby so I can have a peaceful birth. But it isn't going to happen. She is in trouble and panicking again and she is hounding me because she thinks I'm the only one left that will help her. But we've had it, too. We all keep helping her and she has not learned her lessons. So, I refuse to help her any more. They can sink or swim on their own now. I have to tell her this in the next few days and it will be WWIII.

So, am I ready for baby to come? Baby? What baby? Oh yeah, I'm pregnant, that's right, I nearly forgot...

Thanks for letting me vent. I feel a little better already.
#6 of 22 Old 06-25-2006, 06:57 PM

not ready here...

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#7 of 22 Old 06-25-2006, 08:27 PM

I'm ready to be done being pg, LOL, but I'm NOWHERE near ready for a newborn!

Christi

Wife to one Amazing man, Mom to 3 Wonderful children with #4 due in Feb

#8 of 22 Old 06-26-2006, 01:16 AM

We are not ready at all!! DS#1 has qualified for the USCF Road Cycling Championships, which are from July 5 through 10 out in Western PA. I have my midwife's blessing to go and I really hope the baby waits until after that!

Then the next week he has track cycling nationals, but they are at our local velodrome, so hopefully someone can take him if I have the baby. Frankly, I don't want her to arrive until her due date or after
#9 of 22 Old 06-26-2006, 02:39 AM

I feel like I could go any moment, which of course means I will be 2 weeks late. But I really don't feel I will be ready until July 1. Why July 1? I haven't the faintest clue, just that date is my magic date for some reason! Maybe because I have planned on a July Baby, or because our second midwife is on vacation until June 29? No clue, but I haven't finished making food, or getting my garden COMPLETELY ready.....Just at least a week more and I will be happy!

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

#10 of 22 Old 06-26-2006, 03:29 AM

I will be ready - provided that she doesn't come anytime tomorrow through Thursday, because one of my doula's will be out of town, and really, if she could just wait until after July 2nd so that my husband and I could have an anniversary dinner, that would be great. Ummmmmmm yeah. About that TPS report.....

No but seriously, I am not as ready as I want to be, but I am DONE being pg. As long as she doesn't come while my doula is out of town, so anytime after Thursday would be fine by me....
#11 of 22 Old 06-26-2006, 10:30 AM

This changes by the minute for me. One minute I want him here now. The next minute I'm panicking about everything I still need to do. Last night, I got out the car seat, took it apart and scrubbed it. Now it looks brand new. That made me feel better. There is still so much to do. I want him now, but I have a lot left to do to get ready. I haven't even cooked and frozen meals yet like I planned. I guess that's the way it is with number 4.
#12 of 22 Old 06-26-2006, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyMommy
I'm ready to be done being pg, LOL, but I'm NOWHERE near ready for a newborn!
same here...except...i'm not really ready to be done being pg.

but yeah i have a couple of loads of laundry to do and I still have to fold his diapers...I should clean out his carseat/bed...there's *stuff* in it..

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#13 of 22 Old 06-26-2006, 01:03 PM

Depends on the day!

Work is definitely not ready to let me go just yet. Any time I step away from my desk there's a big sigh of relief when I return - "we thought you were having the baby!" Sheesh guys, you're all fathers and you should babies don't fly out of one's pelvis in the 5 minutes it took me to go to the restroom!

On the other hand I am totally ready to be holding my newborn. Everything is ready here (though I may have to wash the carseat cover again as the cats insist on sleeping in it at every opportunity... *sigh*): And I am so so so curious what labor will feel like with this one through the end (I had an epi with the first) and what the birth itself will be like. How her personality will differ from her sister's, what she'll look like, how nursing will go, how DD1 will react to her new sibling!!!!! I just can't wait to meet my new baby girl
#14 of 22 Old 06-26-2006, 01:44 PM

oh, i'm very content to wait a few more weeks.

i'm trying to get some fun activities in with my children while the baby is inutero. mostly swim type stuff that's not practical with a newborn.

work and my house are always there whether there's a newbaby or not.

i want this baby, and can't wait to meet it, but it still blowing my mind that i'm having another one and it's going by super fast for me! even being stuffed to my gourd, i just can't believe the baby will be here. and 2 weeks goes by soooo fast!
#15 of 22 Old 06-26-2006, 02:29 PM

My whole pregnancy, I was sure the baby would be here at least a week after my EDD. I am not ready. I'm nervous about when I have to start taking care of the baby and not just taking care of myself. First time mommy jitters! But I'm getting so uncomfortable with the head so low, butt in the ribs, and feet sticking out of my side, that I'm feeling a bit more ready!

Emily, cooking allergen free, knitting, reading, gardening Mom to 1 beautiful girl, born in the water on July 1, 2006 Wife to 1 handsome man since September 10, 2005
#16 of 22 Old 06-26-2006, 04:47 PM

Quote:
My whole pregnancy, I was sure the baby would be here at least a week after my EDD. I am not ready. I'm nervous about when I have to start taking care of the baby and not just taking care of myself. First time mommy jitters! But I'm getting so uncomfortable with the head so low, butt in the ribs, and feet sticking out of my side, that I'm feeling a bit more ready!
Ditto, ditto, and more ditto. I couldn't agree with you more.
#17 of 22 Old 06-26-2006, 06:13 PM

37 weeks today & I need at least another week and a half for it not to feel too soon - home & baby stuff are fine, but Mom comes on the 4th & a work thing on the 5th that isn't critical, but would be very good for me to attend. For me the perfect time would be 39 - 40.5 weeks.

Can't believe I'm talking about just a couple weeks from now!!

Alaskan Mom to 2 boys
#18 of 22 Old 06-26-2006, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire
Depends on the day!
And how my toddler is acting on that day.
#19 of 22 Old 06-27-2006, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Snarky
And how my toddler is acting on that day.
ditto!

when my toddler is being a terror I hope this baby NEVER comes! as miserable as i am its not as bad as tryign to juggle a newborn and a tantrum throwing toddler.

Jami (25) Roland (27) & Caleb (5), Jacob (3.5) , Kaitlyn (2)
#20 of 22 Old 06-27-2006, 07:47 AM

Mrs.Peanut - s to you! Sorry 'bout your sis. I understand where you're coming from. I have a very short fuse when it comes to those who think the world (or their families) owe them something. : Hope you can get things off your chest (as much of a PITA it will be) so your mind is free to focus on your birth.

As far as myself, I don't feel any rush to get this babe out. However, the longer he stays in, the more nervous I feel that I will go more than two weeks past my EDD (which, in that case, my OB will definitely want to induce). And I soooooo don't want to be induced again. So *please*, babe - come out before 42 weeks! :
#21 of 22 Old 06-28-2006, 07:37 PM

Thanks Kelli. I needed that hug! I said a couple of things to her that needed to be said, but it was just the tip of the iceberg. She was pretty mad, but she really, really wants to be at this birth so she got over it pretty quickly (a couple of days) and has stopped bugging me for the moment.

Are you 37 weeks yet? We'll all have to start sending you some peaceful birthing vibes soon...

Nicole
#22 of 22 Old 06-29-2006, 02:50 PM

Sometimes I feel totally gung-ho and ready, and others, not so much. I feel like there's something that needs to be done that I'm forgetting. I know I need to get new nursing bras (my old ones saw so much use that they pretty much disintegrated). And I need to get some pjs to wear around the hospital and house immediately post birth. At home I usually just sleep in one of dh's Tshirts, but I'm not sure that's what I want to be trotting around the hospital in. Last time, I brought my only pair of pj pants with me that, unbeknownst to me, had a giant hole in the butt. And no one told me. So I was running around for awhile with my tush hanging out, wearing that fabulous fishnet underwear they give you at the hospital. That will not happen again.

Anna , partner to Chad geek.gif , mommy to Aidan (10/12/04) and Nate (07/18/06) fencing.gif , and Violet fairy.gif(10/23/07) .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page