Question for anyone who had ECV before... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-27-2006, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Were you pretty uncomfortable in the days following a successfull versioning?

I'm not sure if it is my body recovering from all the pushing that they did or just having the baby in a new position...but I cringe everytime he seriously starts to move around. There have been several times when my lower back has cramped up tremendously and everytime he moves his head, my pelvis aches to the point that I have to stop moving. I'm pretty sure that it is not (pre-)labor pains because it usually seems to come with baby movement, but there have been a few times this afternoon that I HAD to lay down to deal with the "pain".

I'm thrilled to have the baby head-down...I guess I just want to make sure that feeling like this after an EVC (or maybe even after just having a long-time breech turn head-down) is normal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2006, 06:09 PM

Honestly, after they turned my DS it was such a relief! Before he had been using his feet to kick my cervix and I was in a lot of pain from that, plus his BIG head up in my ribs. When he turned all those pains went away so I guess it was the opposite for me. Sorry I can't be of more help. The important thing is that babe is head down, right? Hope you feel better soon!!
Old 06-27-2006, 07:34 PM

Hi, I am mainly a lurker but also due early July
I had an (unsuccessful) ECV with my last baby in '04 and for days afterwards my belly was so sore I was miserable! I think the muscles were kind of traumatized from the doc pushing so hard on them. And sometimes when the baby would move around it would down right hurt! But mostly I was just sore and achy with what felt like muscle fatigue. I hope that you feel better soon though--glad to hear your little one is heads down, congrats!

Wendy  Wife to my sweet husband, homeschooling mom to 4 little girls and a new blessing due in November! chicken3.gif
Old 06-27-2006, 10:05 PM

Sorry mama - never had an ECV, but wanted to give you a . Hope that sore feeling eases up on you...

User Tag List