homeopathic kits - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-27-2006, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd like to purchase a "kit" of homeopathic rememdies to have on hand for the family. I'm new to this so don't know a lot about what is best to have. Is a kit like this one good? If not, any other recommendations?

http://www.ehealthland.com/HomeFamilyKit.asp
#2 of 9 Old 06-28-2006, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdiva
I'd like to purchase a "kit" of homeopathic rememdies to have on hand for the family. I'm new to this so don't know a lot about what is best to have. Is a kit like this one good? If not, any other recommendations?

http://www.ehealthland.com/HomeFamilyKit.asp
:
#3 of 9 Old 06-28-2006, 02:34 PM

I will look at it and let you know my opinion. Not that I am an expert, but I have been into homeopathy long enough to tell few things
I have to leave right now but I'll come back...
#4 of 9 Old 06-28-2006, 04:42 PM

I wanted to post link to this thread for those interested in homeopathy. It's great source of information! http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=387756
#5 of 9 Old 06-28-2006, 04:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
:
#6 of 9 Old 06-28-2006, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I will look at it and let you know my opinion. Not that I am an expert, but I have been into homeopathy long enough to tell few things
Thanks for the link...I'm anxiously awaiting your opinion!
#7 of 9 Old 06-28-2006, 05:45 PM

:
#8 of 9 Old 06-28-2006, 08:50 PM

I finally had time to look at the remedies in that kit you posted and it looks good. I have most of those at home myself.
Does it come with a description for each remedy so you'd know when and how to use it?
You can always just get a book though that will tell you wht remedy for what. I really really like this one if I can recommend one: Homeopathic remedies: A Quick and Easy Guide to Common Disorders and Their Homeopathic Treatments

My only "problem" would be that they are all the same potency. I like to have variety of "numbers" (potencies). I always make a long list of remedies I need to buy and send them to my mom in europe and she buys them there for me because I get 3 for the price of one here in US.

But yes, it's a good kit I'd say. After while you learn what remedies fit your family most. Every person tends to have the same pattenr when it comes to being sick. For example my DS ALWAYS gets red cheeks as a very first sign on getting sick. It's a symptom that corespond to a remedy called Belladonna and the course of his ilness is always the same. If I give it to him right then when I see those bright red cheeks it usually stops it right there or the ilness last only day or two.
I tend to have flu that ALWAYS ends up sitting on my lunghs and causing nasty bronchities (sp?) and I ALWAYS respond best to DULCAMARA. SEe what I am trying to say? Once you learn your family illness paterns it becomes really easy to treat them because it's almost always the same.

That book I posted really helped me with this.

I think the trick with homeopathy is NOT to wait for the illness to fully progress but act as soon as you see first symptoms. Sometimes it's impossible though. You usually need to change the remedy as the symptoms tend to change during illness. Especially with flu. Flu symptoms change so rapidly that you always need to respond with different remedy.

Hope that make sense and helps!
#9 of 9 Old 06-28-2006, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Pavlina - I will probably order it! Thanks for the book recommendation as well. I found a couple on Amazon that were also highly rated so I might get a couple. At least this will be a starting point!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page