So...how much weight did you lose so far? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 75 Old 08-22-2006, 12:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yin Yang
Are yuo serious? You just had a baby a week ago!! WOW!!
I know, but you have to remember that 10 pounds of that was baby. Plus the placenta was over a pound. Guess it had to be to grow and nourish a big baby! I had a few pounds of water weight at the end that was from swelling. That is all gone now, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 75 Old 08-22-2006, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkel
Speaking of my larger butt- - my butt got so much bigger while pg, that I actually got stretchmarks on my buttcheeks! : Can you believe that?! Not on my belly, thighs or boobs....just my buttcheeks. And they didn't even show up while I was pg. Only after the birth. Is that weird?? DH says it looks like a cat scratched the crap outta me.
Hah! Me too... and my boobs :
#63 of 75 Old 08-22-2006, 02:25 PM

Speaking of stretchmarks. I look like a zebra from the hips down. I guess they all popped out in the week after my due date. Not ONE on my belly! But they are on my hips, butt, inner thighs and even calves.

Oh, and my boobs look like they've been mauled by freddie krueger. I feel like they will never look normal again. And they itch and hurt. I was so self righteous about retaining my pre-pregnancy body but I've been knocked down several pegs.

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#64 of 75 Old 08-22-2006, 03:51 PM
~pi

Add me to the, "lost plenty initially but then gained a little back," list. For the first month or so postpartum, I craved fruits and vegetables, but lately my eating habits have deteriorated considerably.

On the plus side, having plenty of calories means that I have plenty of milk! On the down side, eating badly makes me feel tired. And then I'm tired, so I eat badly.

I'm good to go for working out again, so I have been making some plans for that. I always eat better when I'm exercising regularly, so I'm looking forward to that.

professor & maman de DS1 (6) & DS2 (1)

#65 of 75 Old 08-22-2006, 04:11 PM

I have lost 20 of the 36 I gained but my boobs are huge so I gander there are at least 6lbs of boob...lol I also fit in my old clothes so I imagine my weight lose is pretty good when you can fit back in your size 6 pants at 12 days PP.

carlie~33 DP~40 mom to Cadan Riley 7/22/04, Kailin Naiya 8/05/06,, Ronen Blake12/13/08 , Rosen Blythe 7/26/10.
#66 of 75 Old 08-22-2006, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carliec76
I also fit in my old clothes so I imagine my weight lose is pretty good when you can fit back in your size 6 pants at 12 days PP.
:

Ohhhhh. I hate you. Size 6 jeans 12 days pp? Mine I am in my size 12 jeans 6 weeks pp.
#67 of 75 Old 08-22-2006, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~pi
On the down side, eating badly makes me feel tired. And then I'm tired, so I eat badly.
It's a vicious circle. For instance, I am exhausted so I'm having Twizzlers for dinner. Not exactly a "power food" is it?
#68 of 75 Old 08-23-2006, 12:23 AM

Well, I am now two weeks postpartum & I have lost all 25 lbs that I gained this pregnancy. I know some of that is because I am nursing nonstop & don't have time to eat properly so I am not too happy, but I am happy that today I was able to fit into my prepregnancy clothing complete with a skirt that zipped up & clasped. No more elastic waists for me. Woo hoo.
#69 of 75 Old 08-23-2006, 03:36 PM

I started out losing really well ... I'm not doing so well now. I've been stuck at 7 lbs and 2 sizes larger than pre-PG since 2 wks PP. I am, however able to get my wedding rings back on! And my belt had to be tightened one more notch yesterday.

Congrats on those of you back in pre-PG clothes ... but I'm secretly resenting each and every one of you!

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
#70 of 75 Old 08-24-2006, 10:56 AM

I have lost 23 lbs of the 40 I gained.
I have started walking every morning & most evenings & thats about it so far. I am always starving so my diet hasnt been the best

~Tia~ Mom to 3 girls
#71 of 75 Old 08-30-2006, 03:18 AM

I'm up 6 pounds from my goal weight at 7 weeks pp. I fit into some, but not all of my pre-preg clothes. My weight loss has slowed to about a pound every 2 weeks or so.
#72 of 75 Old 08-30-2006, 01:32 PM

I must say that I'm happy to see that some of you are in the same boat as I. I have gained a couple pounds (okay, like 3 or 4) from my lowest at about 2 or 3 weeks post partum. This totally sucks. This is the first time we have had a scale after childbirth, so it's hard not to step on it.

I have major eating issues. Gone are the days when I craved fruit, now I'm craving everything that I shouldn't be eating. I'm not always hungry, but I want to eat all the time. It wouldn't be so bad if I were hungry, but I'm not, I just feel like eating, and sadly, it isn't nutritious foods that I want. I had my 6 week pp check this week, so I started exercising again and did really well monday and tuesday, but I'm sore today so I'm going to take a nap instead (I'm also really tired) and take a walk later tonight. I keep forgetting it's a long process and I want the weight off now. Exercise for an hour, lose a pound. Isn't that how it works??? I need to put away my scale for a while.:
#73 of 75 Old 09-13-2006, 01:52 AM

I was back to my pre-preg weight a week after DD was born. I only gained 25 pounds though. She ate like a champ what can I say

Amy, mommy to Ava, 6, Gavin, 4, Lila, 2, and Baby #4 due in early November! joy.gif
#74 of 75 Old 12-17-2006, 12:22 PM

So is any one still losing? So far I have lost over 60, and had only gained 26lbs. I'm very happy , unfortunately weight loss is slowing down Glad that DS isn't gaining what I'm losing tho, he'd be a very big 5 mo old!!!!
#75 of 75 Old 12-17-2006, 05:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hey, there! I'm surprised we're still able to post here. This DDC has been pretty much abandoned as MDC shuts them down after all the babies are born. Here's our thread in Life With a Babe:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...=569389&page=8

We're all posting there about, well, life with a babe! Come join us! We usually start a new thread each month. No need to read all the posts unless you just want to. You can always just jump in midstream!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page